Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I haven't had this out of my mouth since it arrived yesterday (except to try a 306 -- which I like, just not quite as much -- and to sleep.) So I'll definitely be taking advantage of the anniversary sale.

I'm curious what's the reason for not having a center contact hole. What does that do?

I see they don't have a warranty (understandable at this price.) Approximately what is the DOA rate? (I want to factor that in the number I order.)

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
They seem to have less leaking if you vape your 2 drops up.

They also have a tighter draw, from the Joye 510 LR (as some joyes just are way too airy imo)

Other than that, just different.
I tested a few dozen and they normally hit on 2.1-2.3 ohms
I have only used 3 of them, which the first two I killed on purpose to see how much they could handle.

If you keep them under 5 volts, they should last a few weeks, or more if you are in tune to babying them.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
They'll leak -- I'm capable of flooding anything. So the purpose of the center contact hole is to let more air into the mix? Weird.

But, in a year and a half, I've only killed 2 atomizers at 3.7V (and a bunch more at 6V but I've stopped doing 6V.) But I was thinking about DOAs, not life expectancy. It was just when I saw "NO warranty" (including the caps) I wanted to figure out how many to order tomorrow. At this price, they'd still be a major bargain even if I had to factor in a 5% belly-up rate.

And they're your own brand and you've only used 3 of them??????

ETA: Ordered. :D

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Just got my order and couldn't wait to try the attys.....OMG....You guys ROCK with these things!!! I will be placing another order for some more of them! I love the draw on them:wub: And using a high pg mix, I have not seen the leaking as of yet that I see ALL the time with the traditional atties when dripping. I cannot express how much I just LOVE them!!!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I started with cartos, then ordered these so I could easily sample more flavors. I think I hit a home run my first time out! After reading about the mess people have managed with dripping, it looks like the 510 atty just evolved - no muss, no fuss, great vapor and flavor. Lots of fun at home mixing & sampling. Thanks for the great deal!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Sometimes I'm a little slow. I have 3 of these in rotation right now and I just realized that you can't blow out the primer if there's no hole in the bottom of the atomizer. I did try to. I blew very hard. On three atomizers over the course of a week.

So far there are only two negatives to this atomizer that I've found. As you can't blow it out, you have to burn off any primer. From now on I'm going to do a mini slow burn before adding any liquid to get rid of most of it. And, if you flood it, it will make gurgling noises like it's drowning -- because it is drowning. (Solution: use up what's in there now and stop over filling.)

On the plus side: It vapes like a dream. You get as much vapor as you would from a high voltage (or low resistance) setup without overly warm vapor (I prefer cooler.) And there's less waste -- because the liquid isn't leaking out the bottom, it all ends up in your mouth instead of on the tissues and Q-Tips.

My Chucks agree. I was vaping on a 306 when my big Chuck started misfiring and I had to wiggle the button to get any vapor. I assumed it was from accumulated crud (it's not out of my mouth long enough to clean) so I gave it a thorough cleaning. It was great for several hours, then it started again. I switched to my Little Chuck and the same thing happened. So I tried it on a Riva and it worked just fine. Okay -- I pulled out a couple of 510s that I had been using until my first GP order arrived. And it happened again. So I was thinking that I was going to have to send both of them in for service but, one last try, I put on the GP Solid Gold I had in rotation. It hasn't misfired since. Apparently, once it's tried these, my Chucks don't want any of that other stuff.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Rob, I have a question on the solid gold 510 atty.

On the website, it states that:

No Center Contact Hole!

Will work with eGo, eCo or 510 battery or other battery with adapter!
*MANUAL BATTERY ONLY!
*This will not work with an automatic battery
*Also is not compatible with bottom feeder mods.

2.3 ohm - *Best for eGo/eCo or other 3.7 volt battery or mod
Or can be used for HV vaping at 4.5 or even 5 volts!!!

How can that be?? I was told high volt, high Ω, low volt, low Ω. I use mostly a 5v mod. Occasionally a 3.7v...are you saying I can use it on both. I am getting some of those new "smart carts" shipped to me in a couple days and I really want to try them out with the least leaking available and everyone seems to speak highly of these. Had your solid golds in my cart and decided I better ask you first.

Congrats on the new baby.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'll give it a shot:
It is my understanding that Low Res atomizers are around 1.5-2.0 ohm while standard ones are around 3.0 ohm. At 2.3 ohm, these can therefore be best described as "medium resistance." While the Good Prophet website states that these are best used with a standard 3.7V battery, they can be used with a 4.5V or 5V battery.

From this I infer that the resistance is a little low for use at 4.5-5V however it is not completely incompatible.

The fact that you decided to hide your question in white text might have resulted in Rob missing what you asked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread