Grant's Vanilla Custard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmunk

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Orem, UT
I have never had Grants so nothing to compare it against, with that said. I just mixed this up did 5 hot baths with the cup of water I the microwave and unfortunately not sure what the hype is... I am going to throw this in the box and come back to it every week or so. I am also going to take a little out and add some marshmallow.

Dogeggs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Southampton UK
I have never had Grants so nothing to compare it against, with that said. I just mixed this up did 5 hot baths with the cup of water I the microwave and unfortunately not sure what the hype is... I am going to throw this in the box and come back to it every week or so. I am also going to take a little out and add some marshmallow.

Forget heat steeping, good custard takes time, try at least a month, pref 6 weeks and you will see what the fuss is about! ;)

MrClone

Jul 8, 2014
Sweden
Forget heat steeping, good custard takes time, try at least a month, pref 6 weeks and you will see what the fuss is about! ;)

But they say its only good for 2 weeks? :-/

I just tried this and I cant get any taste out of it at all :-/

Have been using GVC as my ADV for about 2 months now, and this blend doesnt taste anything. I will try it in a week or so to see if its better then...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
But they say its only good for 2 weeks? :-/
I've never heard that before,but i can say,i had about 15ml of this that has been sitting several months now,i actually forgot it was in the cabinet haha,anyway,after 2-3 months,it is definitely 100% better than it was when made,even after letting it sit a week.Before it was good,but now after a very long steep,it is really creamy tasting and very dark in color,but really good.

I changed up the grants recipe a little.

15% CAP VC
1% DDL
1% Eggnog
and a little EM

its been steeping for almost 2 weeks now, made an 8oz bottle. Absolutely amazing and just keeps getting better every day. I have a little 50ml bottle that I keep filled and wont leave home with out it. Ive been going threw about 10ml a day easy on my origen/dna 30 setup. vaping a dual .9 ohm coil at 30w and its perfect.

dubliquid

Apr 23, 2014
UK

15% CAP VC
1% DDL
1% Eggnog
and a little EM

its been steeping for almost 2 weeks now, made an 8oz bottle. Absolutely amazing and just keeps getting better every day. I have a little 50ml bottle that I keep filled and wont leave home with out it. Ive been going threw about 10ml a day easy on my origen/dna 30 setup. Vaping a dual .9 ohm coil at 30w and its perfect.

@shroomalistic let us know how good it gets after a 4 week steep :)

Last edited:

JamieZ4M

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
Sheffield UK
My 50/50 bottle arrived today and I'm very disappointed. I'll do as suggested here and let it steep.
Has anybody actually got it, and thought it was s***, but then thought it was amazing after a good steep?
I fell in love with vanilla custard from vapegb in an orchid. It's my adv and it really is amazing. Just re wicked my other orchid and fill it with gvc and right now, it's really poor. Barely any flavour at all and the hints I am getting are similar to a cheap concentrate I bought off eBay for diy.
Please help me fall in love with this! I was waiting for weeks, set an alarm and dealt with a very overloaded website, and payed almost twice what the vapegb costs. 25 pounds for 100 ml versus 39 for gvc.

JamieZ4M

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
Sheffield UK
Let it sit

Vape it in a clearo at 1.4 or higher...have patience...u will be rewarded...the stuff is objectively incredible. I get max VG so no clue about 50/50....why did you do that?
2 reasons, it seemed the most popular, and the vapegb vc which I LOVE is 50/50
I was thinking of trying it in a kayfun, I'll build a higher resistance coil in my kayfun mini and try that. I'll let it steep also and see what happens. Thanks :)

vapolator

Apr 17, 2012
France
I've vaped a bottle of GVC recently to known the fame with late, i'm not specialy fan of custards. But this one, i love it. I obtain a very close version with this formula :

Ethyl maltol (PA) : 1%
Sweet (PA) : 1%
Butter (CAP) : 1%
Cake Batter (CAP) : 4%
Malted Milk (PA) : 2%
Vanilla Custard V2 (CAP) : 8%

Try it as it, exactly. It's a very sensitive equilibrum.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
shroom.....are you still liking this one?? I know it's been a while!!

15% CAP VC
1% DDL
1% Eggnog
and a little EM

its been steeping for almost 2 weeks now, made an 8oz bottle. Absolutely amazing and just keeps getting better every day. I have a little 50ml bottle that I keep filled and wont leave home with out it. Ive been going threw about 10ml a day easy on my origen/dna 30 setup. Vaping a dual .9 ohm coil at 30w and its perfect.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
Bumping this thread up, i ordered the stuff to make this as well as the crunchberry recipe. I should get it by weds of next week. I didn't order a lot, I'll make a 10ml sampler at the 15% vc 2% ddl and if it's good I'll make a 90ml bottle at 7.5% and 2% and let it sit for a couple weeks. I'm really looking forward to this

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
7ac6214ccfa93ba99ae704e92328f642.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread