Grape flavor - anyone have experience with ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Hello, been awhile since I visited these forums - hope everyone is doing well!

I mostly vape a mix of FA Fuji and FW Blueberry, but I'm looking for that elusive grape (purple) tasting vape.

I'm going to try this recipe (apparently it tastes like purple pixie stix):
  • TFA Grape juice 6%
  • TFA Dragon Fruit 4%
  • Mixed at 60/40 (VG/PG)
I have a few fruit flavors:
  • TFA Pomegranate
  • FW Blueberry
  • FA Fuji
  • FA Pear
My question would be, does anyone know these flavors well enough to let me know if any of the extra fruit flavors I have would do anything to make the above recipe more "purple", like make the grape juice "pop"? I know its kind of an impossible question since everyone has different taste buds, but I figured I'd try to get an opinion or two or see if anyone had any experience mixing the above recipe or adding any of the flavors I currently have on hand.

Thanks in advance!

• Agree
Reactions: kas122461

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I just ordered Grape by INW and FLV. I'm not sure if it matters, but I vape MTL, usually around 18-19W - I seem to have trouble tasting things when recipes are complex (ie: I'm not sure if the vape is hot enough, or if smoking has just completely trashed my palate).

I've seen a lot of recipes that use FA Fuji (which I love), so I might try to incorporate that.

Reactions: Letitia

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I would think that apple and pear can easily be added to most fruits (and I know dragonfruit works with almost anything)
I hope you know FLV is very strong... often only need 1% or less.

Good to know about the FLV strength, thank you for that. Gonna try mixing the three grapes with a bit of Fuji and Dragonfruit and see how it goes.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I looked it up (and to my surprise) someone tried FLV at 5% (as a single flavor) Mentioned it was more of a candy grape.
INW was tried at 4% and sounded more realistic grape flavor. When you combine flavors use less of each... totally guessing but maybe 3% INW and 2% FLV. Other suggestions to add were citrus and champagne.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Just an update, my grape flavors came and did a bit of experimenting. I ended up doing:
  • FLV Grape - 2%
  • INW Grape - 2%
  • Fuji Apple - 2%
  • TPA Dragon Fruit - 2%
  • TPA Grape Juice - 3%

This mix seems semi-sweet and tart at the same time, kind of like Welch's. Can't really taste the apple, but I assume that's where the tartness comes in.

I also did:
  • FLV Grape - 2%
  • TPA Grape Juice - 5%
  • FW Blueberry - 2.5%

This has no tartness, its semi sweet .. kind of like a grape candy. Can't really taste the blueberry, but I think it made the grape more prominent.

Both are fairly decent if people want to try them out in a small batch. I vape MTL, so not sure how these would taste at higher wattages. Might play around with them a bit more, but I think I'm happy that I got a few different grapes to turn out well enough that I can vape them all day.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Good job! Is this your fisrt time doing DIY?

I've been doing DIY for about a year, but I'm not much of an experimenter. I tried a few complex things early on, but I wasnt really happy with the results .. and like I mentioned, I vape MTL so I'm not sure if I'm vaping at a high enough wattage for that complexity to come through.

I have an Apple Blueberry and now a Grape that I enjoy - I'm ok with simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread