Great customer service deserves a shout out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrushyHillGuide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Sabinal, TX
I had such a great cutover service experience today, I just had to give them a public shout out. Besides, it goes to show that sometimes, saving a few dollars by price shopping doesn't always equate to savings.

A while back I decide I just HAD to have a high wattage box mod so I decided to get a sigelei 100W; but, as a fairly regular shopper at VaporDNA.com I was intrigued by their "Fatbaby" mod - a Sigelei 100 that's made for them with their "Project Sub Ohm" logos on it and a serial number from them. They do this with all sorts of great authentic RDAs and other vaping hardware. The price was about $10 more than some other places that were selling pre-orders for the basic Sigelei. I really like the Project Sub Ohm logo and have had great luck with everything I've bought from them before, so I decided to spend the extra money - hoping that since they were working directly with Sigelei, maybe I would have a better chance of getting a high quality control device.

Well, once the mod arrived I fell in love - it worked great, was really comfortable and lasts me about 1.5 days of heavy vaping. Until.......I started throwing different devices on it. I found that a few of my attys were having weird issues that were scorching my lungs....out of nowhere. Actually, it was the mod. Come to find out, the 510 connection, with the reverse threaded copper pin, was not making a solid connection when it was backed out more than a tiny ways. I tried dealing with it over the past couple months but it just really annoyed me. So, 2 days ago, I decided to vent my frustration to VaporDNA in the form of a email. I let them know how disappointed I was (and for the first time) and that I thought I could expect more for one of their branded authentic devises. Yada, yada, yada. I kinda expected no response but was prepared for a "go to heck" reply too. Instead, TODAY, I received an email with an apology and a tracking number for a brand new Version 2 (with the issue fixed) that they put in the mail today! I was floored. I emailed back thanking them and asking what to do with the one I originally bought? Remember, it works great for many of my devices...just not all of them. They said to keep it and to enjoy the new one and thanking me for my business and my loyalty!

How's that for awesome customer service?

You always read how retailers are pawning off responsibility on the manufacturer the moment a sale is made but I was PLEASANTLY surprised to find out that VaporDNA does things a little differently......the right way! I seriously doubt that I would have gotten the same email from one of the retailers selling the Sigelei 100W for the lowest possible prices. This turned out to be an issue with the first round of these mods, an issue that was quickly identified and fixed in V2; but I know that lots of people were having to try and do warranty stuff through Segelei. It was SO worth the extra few dollars I spent up front to get this kind of customer service. It's certainly guaranteed my future loyalty to the store and their branded products. Whether it's them org mother store, this experience really illustrates why so many of us prefer to buy authentics. Sometimes saving a few dollars can really cost you in the long run.

Thanks again to VaporDNA.com! Y'all ROCK!

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
That's awesome! A company on Facebook posted to a group I belong to about their Atlantis being on sale for $29.95. I commented and asked how long the sale went for and told her I'd like to purchase both the Atlantis and the aspire sub ohm battery from them but won't have the money till Friday. She replied and told me if I sent her a message she'd honor it for me on Friday. I was pretty impressed with that. It is nice having good customer service experiences and it seems like a lot of these vape related companies do.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
The people over at vapordna are indeed awesome. I bought one of their premium drip tips over a month ago and I've been having fit issues with it slipping out of my Magma and my Vulcan. I just emailed them last night and they responded before I even woke up saying that it was due to a manufacturing error which has since been corrected and they're sending me a new one that has been tested in those attys.

They are great and I buy from them whenever possible because of their great customer service, even when I have to pay a little extra.

BrushyHillGuide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Sabinal, TX
For the most part, customer service comments on most forums is usually the negative type. Not just vape forums, but most any forum that deals with products sold online. It is always great to read about a vendor who provides service above and beyond!

That's so true! I think that some of the problem lies in our (the consumer's) craving for lower prices. The net result is that retailers, and particularly online retailers, seek out "clones" that are cheaply made and operate on small profit margins which is a recipe for problems; especially if they don't achieve the volumes they anticipate. When problems arise, they simply don't have the financial means to just 'make things right' like VaporDNA did for me. On the other hand, retailers that don't seek to be the cheapest on the net and who sell premium products with a significant profit margin have the means (and the responsibility) to take care of their patrons.

In the end, though, the quality of CS comes down to the character of ownership. I felt like it was time for a positive thread amidst all the complaint threads that we normally see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I've experienced a great customer/employee relationship with the only, and most probably will remain the only, company I deal with. Tastypuff. I won't post a link to their site, but I will post a link to a page I have written up because I am just so darn proud of myself! - Southern Maryland Computerguy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread