• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Great Problem to have but I need HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Hello, i'm a SUPER HERO, not a scientist. did you SEE the cape? sheesh!

Funny story - TOTALLY unrelated, but I just gotta....

Halloween, my downstairs neighbors have a huge party every year. This year, I got home kinda late, and as I'm pulling into the driveway, I see 2 of their guests, dressed as superheros....complete with dark blue body-suits, yellow capes, boots, and the underwear area, and big yellow "S's" on their chests. The headlights started to illuminate the area, and all I could see at first was the bright yellow portions of their ensambles....and my first thought was 'are they wearing DIAPERS???'

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
For example: a freshly charged battery putting out 6.6v w 2ohm atty puts out 50% more power than a battery working at 5.4v 21.78watts vs 14.58. Also, the type/size atty used makes a formidable difference. A 2ohm atty at 3.7v = 6.85w vs a 3ohm atty also using 3.7v = only 4.55watts.

I'm sold on adjustable voltage devices!:vapor:

Wow. I'm going to have to sit down and actually study & digest that. Way cool.

So....what you are saying....and mind you - I'm dumbing this WAY down for my simple lil mind:
Not just having the volts set higher runs the battery down faster. It's a combo of volts + Ohms together and if one finds the right combo, they could extend the life of their battery?

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
i'm so confused! but that's ok. i have to get used to "experimentation" again. i will say that VV is not just an "out of the box" sort of endeavor, at least not for me. I'm still trying to get the "sweet spot" on all attys/liquids--and each time it's different. anyone else notice that JC tastes "burny" using their Provari? I love the TC in my eGo, but not so much w/the provari. Is it just me? Also, I need to find a carto that works well w/it. Any suggestions? The ones I love for my eGo don't taste so great w/the provari, and I suspect I won't like them w/the Infinity, either (that is, if I ever GET it!!!!)

SmkRT--what did you end up ordering? Did you go for the big, bad budget breaker, or something else?

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
SmkRT--what did you end up ordering? Did you go for the big, bad budget breaker, or something else?

Still figuring that out.... I have given myself until monday. The problem is I want something that Works well has cool stuff on it and works well with some kind of filling up device. I like the idea of eGo Ts but I am not sure how they will work on a VV mod. I like the Ce-2s but they are sometimes more work than I care for. I like them a lot but when I don't feel like dealing with modding them they irritate me. I don't like Direct Dripping. I like the flavor but not the constant Dripping when I am chain vaping. I am being very picky and I hope that is ok? I have a couple more days to decide so all input is welcome. I may have to post this on the "other" forum as well later today so I can get even more opinions. Thanks All.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Wow. I'm going to have to sit down and actually study & digest that. Way cool.

So....what you are saying....and mind you - I'm dumbing this WAY down for my simple lil mind:
Not just having the volts set higher runs the battery down faster. It's a combo of volts + Ohms together and if one finds the right combo, they could extend the life of their battery?

One must also consider the 'results' as in "Flavor", etc. Obviously, there is such a thing as too many Watts.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Personally, I have had good success with the "Boge" 510 cartomizers from VaporFlow rated at 2.0 & 2.8ohms $7.99/5. I really feel you may want to 'dial-in' something between 4.5 - 5.5V with either of these cartos (the 2ohm might not last very long thou).

If you liked the Ego at 3.7v & 2ohm atty, then (averaging the actual battery output at 3.7v) you would be 'doing' close to 7 watts. Moving up about 50% on the voltage to around 5.5v using a 2.8ohm atty (for safety sake) you would be close to 11 watts, a 57% increase.

Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Personally, I have had good success with the "Boge" 510 cartomizers from VaporFlow rated at 2.0 & 2.8ohms $7.99/5. I really feel you may want to 'dial-in' something between 4.5 - 5.5V with either of these cartos (the 2ohm might not last very long thou).

If you liked the Ego at 3.7v & 2ohm atty, then (averaging the actual battery output at 3.7v) you would be 'doing' close to 7 watts. Moving up about 50% on the voltage to around 5.5v using a 2.8ohm atty (for safety sake) you would be close to 11 watts, a 57% increase.

i think i understand. will try those cartos. i have the vapor king 510s and genjoye 510s now. VKs are kind of cheap and taste bad, and the genjoyes just taste weird on the higher voltages (but taste great on the eGo). BTW, the infinity came. batteries not charged, and good thing i had the provari charger, because the one notcigs sent was bad. hopefully in a few hours i can try it.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
K I bit the bullet so to speak.... maybe not a good choice words. I put my order in for my first varivolt.... can you guess which one I got? First person to guess right may get a special prize.......hmmmmm.

I guess the Provari, because it is the Corvette Z06 of mods. Do I win?

Oh...and you did leave that clue....

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
K I bit the bullet so to speak.... maybe not a good choice words. I put my order in for my first varivolt.... can you guess which one I got? First person to guess right may get a special prize.......hmmmmm.
I guess the Infinity (because someone else guessed something else) AND it doesn't cost me anything if I'm WRONG!:)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
i'm so confused! but that's ok. i have to get used to "experimentation" again. i will say that VV is not just an "out of the box" sort of endeavor, at least not for me. I'm still trying to get the "sweet spot" on all attys/liquids--and each time it's different. anyone else notice that JC tastes "burny" using their Provari? I love the TC in my eGo, but not so much w/the provari. Is it just me? Also, I need to find a carto that works well w/it. Any suggestions? The ones I love for my eGo don't taste so great w/the provari, and I suspect I won't like them w/the Infinity, either (that is, if I ever GET it!!!!)

Over a month of having the ProVari in my hand, and yesterday was the first time I've had the longer battery last over 24 hrs! 27 hrs, to be exact.
You are exactly correct - the PV is def something that is taking some real time to get use too. Guess it's so easy it's hard. Great unit - but there's sooo many options that it gets really overwhelming. And of course, the need to try it at each .1 setting is pretty taxing on the battery LOL

I've been reading all these months about how it use to be thought 5V was the sweet spot; only to be adjusted to 4.7v once the VVs came out. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have found more than a few juices just get a burned taste when it's over about 4.3-4.7.
If I get a burned taste, I just dial it way down. 3.7v is normally a good atty start point for me (I think the PV can go down to something like 3.3), 4.0 for cartos and I work my way up from there.

It does seem almost like a waste to have ALL these settings and I don't utilize them all. I figure they are there if I need them. Mornings seem to have me set around 3.7, but as the day goes on and the battery started to be used up (just like the eGo - I don't care what anyone says - I can tell when the battery levels are being depleted. Yes, I'm a freak), I'm able to dial up to keep it at a level I enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread