Green Smoke Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
ctruth, I've not heard about the water drops to extend a cartomizer, but for the short term it might be ok, but possibly not. Not sure what that will do to the atty, may well kill it...or you! :evil:

Same with the washing. Best to get some VG and try to inject that into the carts. Hell, shove a snus into a cart with some VG, and you'll be fine! :D

I couldn't have predicted who I would be after I started vaping, so there is no way whatever I did was a mistake. Just learning, as you said. All good, all fun, life's good without analogs. Be good to yourself! :thumbs:

Kurt, what we have here is a raw, 6 day newbie, recruit with nada.
I don’t have any PG…all I have is about 15-20 carts and a GS ecig.
But even so, while I am waiting for my first delivery of e-juices, I figured out how to extend the life of my used carts without using PG.

a) Bought some glycerin from CVS
b) Remove white tip from cart (I use a metal awl)
c) The little soft plastic sleeves that come with the GS carts (knew I was saving them for a reason), place one on the battery end of each cart to prevent leakage.
d) Fill each used cart with glycerin (may have to wait a few minutes and top each one off twice.
e) Let sit upright overnight
f) Next day, Replace white tip and vape away
g) Disregard the initial noises that sound like you’re sucking through a straw

What you get is more vapor and residual PG juice from the cart- a LOT.
The “used” cart reminds me of the old saying: “Every goodbye ain’t gone”. I discovered that when I opened a used cart and took out the wadding. For some reason this cart and others had stopped vaping properly (I remember I was on batteries then. I hadn’t received the USB PT yet).

Well, the wadding was still soaked with PG. Not dripping wet, but if you squeezed it, it would drip. That was when I had the (rare) brainstorm of saving the little soft plastic sleeves. Just in case…..

Now I KNOW I am a vape junkee….I mean a grown man, sitting at home, can’t wait for the pusher to deliver, so what does he do….he grovels through his trash and finds some of his old roaches to smoke.

Desperation is the mother of inspiration
ctruth

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
ctruth, kudos to you, man! for a 6 day noob, you are already catching the mod bug. I think that removing that filler from the one cart probably killed the cart, since the atty is actually up through the center, if they are like my GS carts. But the VG addition and letting soak up is def the right direction.

And I was serious about the snus. Not sure if it will actually fit in the mL or so above the roll of filler, which again you cannot remove that I know of. But it might. If it does, just soak it with VG, put the rubber end back on and let it sit over night. It might be really good, actually! This has been done with a vacant cart in a 3-piece system by TropicalBob:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-tobacco/33923-tobacco-e-cig.html

I definitely want to try this with my 510. Every option that we have to get nicotine, that is if we choose to continue ingesting nic, is another brick in the wall protecting us from the FDA (Forced Death Administration), and another slice of calm.

You could think of all this anxiety over deliveries as a sign of vape-junkiness, but I would offer that you are now finally finding a real and effective alternative to setting tobacco on fire and inhaling the fumes, about 400 times a day with a 2-pack habit. The very idea that this could be possible at all is entirely new!! It was new to all of us, and I don't think there is anyone on this board that has not felt that amazing and enormous HOPE that was never actually supposed to occur before. IMHO, it is too new for it to be real vape addiction. Rather I think this is you suddenly protecting your own life! Maybe for the first time in decades!

Personally I went from "how much money will I save", to "lets have some fun" as soon as I realized I could make my own juices and 510 hardware was pretty inexpensive. I'm a chemist, so I treated myself to a little lab, with glassware, syringes for mixing, flavors from Lorann, and a variety of high-nic unflavored juices. I wanted to create an environment that was so hands-on and initially high maintenance that I would attack my cigarette addiction with overwhelming force. So I did drop some Benjamins! :rolleyes: Call me nuts, but I just pointed and clicked for a few days, and just celebrated with every package that arrived at my door. Overall I spent less than I would have for a good stereo amp (another hobby of mine), I have zero regrets, and I have had SO MUCH FUN!! My little flashdrive tote case has enough stuff in it to last me about 2 days without needing to be near an outlet or a computer.

I thought about returning my GS stuff before the 30 day mark, as I do like the 510 system better. But then there is a lot of potential with the cartomizer/E9 batt hardware system. The GS passthrough in particular is a beast of vapor! Eventually there will be mods to be able to use 510 atty/cart combos with the E9 threading. Others are doing this with 510 batts and other cartomizer systems (different threading tho than the GS E9 batt). I wouldn't doubt it if I were to get out the soldering iron and try some hardware DIY (I do vacuum-tube stereo DIY). GS was expensive, for sure, and it was my own ignorance and impatience that got me to buy that system first, but live and learn, and I do see potential for future DIY improvements on it. That is how I think with all this stuff. I'm just playin'. Who knows, maybe you'll get the DIY bug and come up with more creative things to do with a GS, and help me out! :D

Kurt

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
Ok Kurt

Actually I’m at four days, I backslid six times the first 3 days.

I don’t think I want to risk snus at this time….the ones I have access to are made by analog manufacturers such as Phillip Morris. I wouldn’t buy a used car from them.

So you’re a chemist. I could delve into some of the sweet sciences but chemistry is out
(I hate math). But I think I could hold my own at this “alchemy” level.

I have ordered a few adapters from Allsmoke based on a link to a video from Arkangel in this thread. I don’t know if they will fit the GS but they will fit the 510, if I decide to go that route too. If not, then as you say, I’ll just add them to my toolbox for the long “journey”

Money is no object at this point. I feel good. My wife has blabbed all over the place….so I’m pretty much committed whether I like it or not…and I do like it!

With legal problems looming on the horizon for the e-cig industry (I understand that vendors are already banned here in California), I am going to fill all the ships holds with stores and booty for the voyage.

If you are into Hi Fidelity equipment and you say, you DIY on vacuum tube chassis,
Then I would probably take you as a Macintosh enthusiast.
Back in the ‘60’s that was the crème de la crème of the audio lines.

And keep the GS, I’m keeping mine. We feel that in our impatience and ignorance we were hoodwinked by slick advertising and that we were ultimately cheated. But I’ll tell you, take the $50.00 passthrough for instance. It boasts well when we say “sheez 50 bucks for a stinkin’ PT”. But GS throws in a $15.00 five pack, and free shipping, plus a 10% discount with a coupon code.
Not to mention that it vapes like a Navajo booty call

Now the batts-that’s a different story (hehehe). But hell, they all do it- it’s un-American not to. That’s some poor guy’s job. They'll swing back in line when the orders start to drop.

Yell back when ya wanna

Ctruth

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Maybe you heard. Arny vetoed the CA ban on vaping! Take a look in the ecig in the news forum. CA, at least for now, is free to vape! So I think you will be fine for spending and getting. I live in PA, but I emailed Arny anyway, and gave him a piece of my chemistry vaping mind. If you see his actual veto letter, he says some great things. Of course this doesn't mean the FDA won't be a$$holes at the fed level, but you won this battle.

Vape like an ape in a cape!:thumbs:
Kurt

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
ok Kurt
As far as I can see there is no ban contemplated on the USE of e-cigs, Just the SALE...

GOOD NEWS: GS says they are going to drop the price on their batteries…..I guess orders ARE declining.

BAD NEWS: I’m dropping GS. I ordered a battery that arrived D.O.A. – I think that battery toasted my ac adaptor. Either that or one of my kit batteries is dead after only one week.

Like I said, I hate math, but while browsing their site, I realized that you don’t have to be a student of Bohr's atomic theory to see that the comparable costs at GS are just plain ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that their products are proprietary with no third party support (think MAC).

I just suddenly got very, very ......! I called GS and cancelled the whole kit and caboodle for return.

I’ll read that post on Cali law. It seems the legal ins and outs are changing almost daily.

WHY:

a) Deep pocket tobacco industry lobbying.
b) The threat of lost revenue currently gained by bilking billions of tax dollars out of helpless cigarette addicts.
c) (see A and B)

ctruth

Last edited:

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
Kurt:

I'm from NC, almost smack dab in the middle of the state and I also send a note to Al over the internet about his vetoing the ban against vaping.

It is nice to know that the governor of CA was listening. Now, I just hope we don't run into that problem here in NC. But I digress, Congratulations to everyone in CA who vapes and those who are wanting to start but were afraid of the ban. Props to everyone for stepping up for the state of California!

I have used my electronic cigarette from Green Smoke and can honestly say that I haven't had a tobacco cigarette since. My friend introduced me to the electronic cigarette because he gave me a coupon code DISC10-1947 which gave me 10% off on their starter kits. So I took advantage of it.I have smoked tobacco cigarettes for over 10 years and now when I am around smokers I can't stand the smell of tobacco cigarettes. If you think about it, why wouldn't you like the electronic cigarette? No tar, no carbon monoxide and no smelling like an ash tray when you are done. I can assure you I will never smoke a regular tobacco cigarette again because of the electronic cigarette.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Kurt:

I'm from NC, almost smack dab in the middle of the state and I also send a note to Al over the internet about his vetoing the ban against vaping.

It is nice to know that the governor of CA was listening. Now, I just hope we don't run into that problem here in NC. But I digress, Congratulations to everyone in CA who vapes and those who are wanting to start but were afraid of the ban. Props to everyone for stepping up for the state of California!

Paise:
I have spent a lot of time in the mountains of the Ashville area of NC. Wonderful memories of Blue Ridge and The Trail. Unfortunately much of the politics there is rather backwards, so there may be challenges with big tobacco that CA did not have. Lets hope not, but I would be stocking up anyway. And I am.

Kurt

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I have used my electronic cigarette from Green Smoke and can honestly say that I haven't had a tobacco cigarette since. My friend introduced me to the electronic cigarette because he gave me a coupon code DISC10-1947 which gave me 10% off on their starter kits. So I took advantage of it.I have smoked tobacco cigarettes for over 10 years and now when I am around smokers I can't stand the smell of tobacco cigarettes. If you think about it, why wouldn't you like the electronic cigarette? No tar, no carbon monoxide and no smelling like an ash tray when you are done. I can assure you I will never smoke a regular tobacco cigarette again because of the electronic cigarette.

Erik, do you use any other PVs besides the GS? Have you found any compatibilities with other models? I would like to be able to use my GS with other attys and carts, mainly because the PT is just amazing. I'm less than taken with the batteries, but if they came out with manual batts, then I think their product would be quite good.

Also, I would like to be able to get empty carts for my GS, so I can add my own juices. Have you found anything that could allow this? I like their carts, but not their flavors.

Thanks!
Kurt

LaFolle

Oct 4, 2009
Yeah, the batteries are annoying, aren't they? The GS was my first one, had it a few weeks, but am thinking after what I've read and experienced so far that I'd like to have a manual. I pretty much keep the two batteries charging all day sometimes, which is not very convenient. I'll probably go with something else if/when I get a 3rd. But I do like the flavors and my boyfriend and I are experimenting with dripping now, so I just use juices that correspond with the GS cartridge flavors, which works (chocolate GS with Johnson Creek mint chocolate for example - mmm). Great service and the vapor, well, I have nothing else to compare it to but I don't think I generated clouds that size with analogs.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I agree with Kurt about the GS PT, it is a awesome vaping unit. I started out with the GS system and started using the 510 last week. The GS batts are useless and so are the carts. However the PT is worth the $50. I had to use the GS PT last night because I left all my 510 equipment at work. I refilled a GS cart and wow talk about vapor using the GS PT.

How many times do you think a GS cart can be refilled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread