Green Smoke Replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HonnyBrown

Mar 8, 2019
Hi vapers! I'm new to the forum. My name is HonnyBrown, and I vape using e-cigs. The supplier I have been with since 2016, Green Smoke, quit its customers in December. I was at a loss, having no plan B.

I did some research and found a replacement. Hopefully, you can benefit from this.

Using Green Smoke 2.4% cartridges, I went from 10 Newports per day to 3. I looked for a replacement e-cig to give me the same results. Here is what I found.

Blu e-cigs

I used the menthol and cherry. I don't remember the strengths. They worked for me. One would last me for about 4 days. For some reason, they weren't keepers. They did well as a Plan B.

smok

smok was highly recommended by coworkers. I can't smoke a box. NEXT!

Premium e-cig

Since I had so many Green Smoke batteries, I looked for cartridges that fit them. Premium's website said they were a like-kind replacement. They had the 2.4% strength that I was looking for, and a lot of flavors. I was sucked in. Turns out, they didn't fit. I contacted the company, and they sent me a batter at no charge. Nice throat hit and great flavor. Then I needed to charge the battery. It didn't fit the Green Smoke charger. It was a bait and switch. NEXT!

White Cloud e-cigs

Flavors by The Yard and nicotine strengths from 0% - 5.4%. I ordered a starter kit for $40 that included two batteries, a charger and 5 Creme Fraise, 2.4% cartridges. The first cartridge was full flavor and full strength. The next cartridge was lacking in flavor and strength. The third cartridge was inconsistent. I called customer service, and they admitted they manufactured some duds. They sent replacement cartridges that did the same thing. Great customer service. They are giving me a refund. NEXT!

Mimic e-cigs

I went to the end of the internet and found Mimic. I ordered the starter kit for $20. It contained a USB charger, 1 battery and 5 Vanilla Bean cartridges. Great throat hit, consistent flavor and consistent nicotine. I quickly ordered more cartridges, and I have not been disappointed. They have plenty of flavors and the nicotine strengths range from 0% - 4.5%. Using the 3.6% cartridges, I am smoking 1 traditional cigarette per day. These are keepers!

Former Green Smoke users, I hope this has been helpful.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lol. Stop listening to your coworkers. SMOK makes some of the poorest quality products in vaping. On the bright side there’s basically nowhere to go but up for you. You’ve chosen the worst of the worst it seems.
I don’t know what connector green smoke used myself. Chances are it was some sort of proprietary evil. Blu at least used the standard 510 system. It was why they got successful actually. For a time they were considered less crappy than the other cigalike makers because they didn’t use a proprietary connection and you could at least shop around. It was the ONLY reason.

You’re a long term vaper so I really hate to put you into a pod system because they rapidly get annoyingly expensive compared to other options. They are very small though and some do have automatic switches though.
There is an entire section: Vape Pod Systems on them.

The standard advice given out here for such situations is a simple well designed MTL tank system such as the zenith kroma-a. If it’s just too large for you the target mini40 watt system is smaller, though the coils are harder to get. This is not really my wheelhouse so others may have better advice in this case.

Reactions: Mordacai

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks bombastinator! One thing that is very important to me is the look and feel of a cigarette. That's why SMOK didn't work for me. That's why tanks won't work for me. I need a true cigalike.
That is much harder. True cigalikes are at the very edge of how small a device can be made and still have it actually work at all. The results generally vary from fairly lousy to “why would anyone even try to smoke this?!” As a result, they have basically disappeared.
There used to be a device called an eroll, but they’re no longer made. There is a successor to the eroll but no one even bothered to attempt to market it in North America and as a result its highly difficult and expensive to get at all, and a real PITA to keep in parts.
If you’re willing to go even a bit larger you will get a much better vape.
The most cigalike pod system I personally know of is The vladdin. It basically is a cigalike, with a kind of schwoopy case around the outside. It doesn’t look like a cigalike but it does hold in your hand like one. I got good performance from the included pods, but the replacement pods I bought were of almost unusably lower quality. This may have been a fluke, as I haven’t seen similar reports. As a pod system it is still fairly expensive to use.

I personally feel you will likely get improved enough performance out of a larger device that you may be able to quit cigarettes entirely, though that one is always an unknown.
If you’re willing to venture $50 on something you may not like or wind up using, I suggest trying a zenith kroma-a. I suspect you will find out the larger device is just fine. Almost everyone does.

HonnyBrown

Mar 8, 2019
Thanks puffon! I looked at Halo. I didn't want to spend $40 for a starter kit. I paid $2 for the Green Smoke starter kit since I followed a link from an e-cig review site. It came with a battery, charger and 3 cartridges. Mimic starter kits are $10. They come with a battery, charger and 5 cartridges. It's a great deal because the cartridge packs are $15.

Ironically, I ended up paying $40 for the White Cloud starter kit, which I returned for reasons explained above.

Reactions: puffon

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
bombastic, I am surprisingly happy with Mimic! They are shaped like a cigarette, the battery lasts for 3 days, and it takes an hour to charge. They have a ton of flavors and 4 strengths. I found them when I did a search for "3.6 cartridges."

Blu is getting rid of their disposables.

Smoking 1 cigarette a day IS me quitting :)
It certainly is better than 2 cigarettes. The health bonuses from 0 cigarettes as reported in various places around this forum are pretty amazing though. Is the mimic a 510 connector or is it proprietary? The pics I saw looked like a 510 but you never know. If it IS a 510 there are all sorts of games you can play to improve your vape.

HonnyBrown

Mar 8, 2019
bombastic, it's a 510. Believe it or not, I am very happy with everything about it!

It has the design, look and weight that I love.

The density of the smoke both in my mouth and when I exhale is great. It's not too thick.

It has a mild throat draw.

I can taste the flavors. Today, I'm vaping the Strawberry Gelato 2.4%.

The cartridges are consistent with flavor and nicotine, from the first puff to the last.

I have absolutely no complaints! Mimic is a keeper.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
bombastic, it's a 510. Believe it or not, I am very happy with everything about it!

It has the design, look and weight that I love.

The density of the smoke both in my mouth and when I exhale is great. It's not too thick.

It has a mild throat draw.

I can taste the flavors. Today, I'm vaping the Strawberry Gelato 2.4%.

The cartridges are consistent with flavor and nicotine, from the first puff to the last.

I have absolutely no complaints! Mimic is a keeper.
If it’s a 510 the world of replacement batteries and cartridges is open to you. You can get cheap replacement batteries in various capacities and sizes ranging from the tiny to the truely gigantic. Button, automatic, everything is open.
You might find for example, that you really like cartridgeless dripping atomizers that take only a few drops of juice at a time but have a purér flavor than basically everything. They will fit. You can get empty cartos and fill them with whatever juice you want.
Literally Everything is open.

One fun trick might be if one of your coworkers shows up with a SMOK mod you can take the big ol tank off their device fit it directly to your tiny battery and vape it. The connector is the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread