GreenCig carts with KR808D-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshart79

Jan 19, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
Well I just got my GreenCig carts in the mail and man the flovour is wonderful (Vanilla) my only issue is that they fit but don't work with the KR808D-1 auto bats. They work fine on my PT but not on the bats themselves. :confused: I was lead to believe they worked fine on KR and they would produce crap loads of vapor but I'm not seeing it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but does anyone have experience they could share with me. All the best!

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hi Wolf,
there are many types of Kr8 batts on the market right now, and unfortunately the Manufacturer sint the most consitant as they seem to be changing them every 24 hours to keep us on our toes!!! They should work if you loosen them up a little, unless you have a slotless battery...If you do you will require a cartomizer adapter....
CARTOMIZER ADAPTERS fo 901 Tips

Which will amke them work on any Kr8, 901 , or other 901 mod Tips...
Drew

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
yeh just like Drew said you need the adapter. if you have that adapter you can use manuel and automatic kr808 batterys. I use only the greencig batterys and they are super but it does work fine using the KR808 as long as you have an adapter. Like Drew said you can loosten it a bit but your missing some vapor this way. btw to the folks who are trying greencig carts for the 1st time. you cant kill these cartos. im still using my originals from September. the trick is to keep the wick moist. and yeh teh mint tobacco is fantastic. and Nhaler mint tobacco is pretty darn close to that prefilled mint so keep that in mind. whatever you guys do try not to take these greencig cartos apart. for now my advice is drip 1 drop at a time thru the battery end. add a drop then wait for it to get sucked thru then do it again. keep repeating til it doesnt suck teh drop thru anymore. you will notice this cause the drop will just sit on the top of the hole. then your ready to start vaping again. There are many different ways to refill these but you need patience. and all the greencig vapers all do it a different way it seems. I use a hypo thru the battery end. others take it apart and mod it. i wont go into that here on your thread but in all honestly the greencig cartos work teh best when left just the way they were made. after you have experience if you want to take it apart then go for it. i can take mine apart now and put it back just like brand new. but in reality it just may be a hair off and therefore wont work as good as when you first got it. but then again it can to. many others take theres apart and put it back just fine. but it takes a while to get uses to it.
there are plenty of u tube and posts on how to fill these green cig cartos.
just remember ask first and someone will try to help you.
see ya on teh forum. Happy vaping
Cos

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
wolfshart79
ok so you have the adapter that makes the greencig work on KR808 carts. good
now i just checked for you. what i did was take 4 automatic batterys all different sizes that i bought from V4L way back when i started. and with the adapter on the battery the greencig carto works just fine. what battery did you get from V4Life cause they are making lot of new batteries. they have some great batteries so im surprised. anyway post what automatic battery you have and maybe i can help you more. I also have friends on here that have KR808 auto batterys and it works for them so something is wrong somewhere. i am not saying you my friend i mean maybe its a new battery they just designed i dont know. they used to sell greencig stuff but they dont anymore. I have used greencig carts for while now but i use greencig batteries. but if they are charging i use a V4L shorty automatic and that doesnt even need an adapter. anyway let me know which batt you got and ill try to help. fair enough?

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
I picked up one of the KR808D-1 batteries from Drew with the adapter and it works like a champ with my GC carts. I CAN use it without the adapter in a pinch (forgotten to take the adapter with me a time or two since I keep it on my PT) and it works, but you just have to make sure not to tighten down the cart totally so the airholes still work. All I can say for certain is that the batteries from Drew work great, might be differences in manufacturing/design from other places that cause issues.

wolfshart79

Jan 19, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
Well I did get them about a month ago so I assume they are the "new" kind. KR808D-1 I think, but where would I look to verify this. They are the single logo ones if that helps... I mean they don't even activate with the Auto bats but I can get them to work on my passthrough (slightly) but not AT ALL with the auto bats. I tried them loose, tight, upsidedown, rightside up, every which way and still no joy. If it is a new type of KR battery that just doesn't work with these carts would I be able to send back the adaptor or maybe trade it plus my unused carts somewhere?

Last edited:

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Well I did get them about a month ago so I assume they are the "new" kind. KR808D-1 I think, but where would I look to verify this. They are the single logo ones if that helps... I mean they don't even activate with the Auto bats but I can get them to work on my passthrough (slightly) but not AT ALL with the auto bats. I tried them loose, tight, upsidedown, rightside up, every which way and still no joy. If it is a new type of KR battery that just doesn't work with these carts would I be able to send back the adaptor or maybe trade it plus my unused carts somewhere?

Well why dont you just email them and tell them you have these batterys and with the adapter on them they do not work with your greencig cartos. They will know what to do cause they used to sell greencigs. They have a great warranty so just talk to them. Dont post on the forum go right to the source with an email or better yet call them. ask for Steve or Mark and they will take care of you and tell you what you need or replace your battery.Let us know how you make out. Good luck

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
Well this has been a wretched day. BOTH my batteries died (my GC batt and my 808d) at the same time and I'm thinking it was due to a badly manufactured cart. The last pack I got from the local store here had 3 dead ones and the one remaining one was horrible with what I'm thinking was a leak on top of it. After trying to get it to work, suddenly both batteries won't hold a charge at all. Thank God my PT works fine, that and the cigarette lighter adapter in the truck kept me from buying analogs today. :)

I'm debating on getting the manual batteries now as much as I liked the GC battery, I can't afford to have them short out and become useless if I get another bad cart in the future. Needless to say, I think I'll be ordering carts from here and only get em at the local store in an emergency from now on. How is the performance on the 808d manuals? I can get 2 of them for almost as much as one GC auto batt with the added benefit of the manuals being sealed.

+++EDIT+++

Did a bit of searching and found a thread here with Drew talking about the KR808 manuals, bit the bullet and just ordered a couple. :p With me getting into this whole refilling thing as soon as my current order arrives (damn holiday on Monday slowed delivery, grrr) I can't afford to risk having a spill and shorting out the auto ones so manual it is.

Last edited:

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
I picked up the KR808 from Drew, the GreenCig came with the starter kit I got here in town. I don't know if they have a crappy supplier, or old carts, or what, but the quality of the carts in town is really iffy at times. I have yet to get a bad cart from Drew though, and the first refills I've done have worked great with the ones I got from NHaler, but I tried first with one from the store here and it didn't work at all. Strange.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Conner just for your info there are 2 different cartos from Greencig. the older ones and the newer ones. Drew sells now the new ones cause i get them from him and they are new kind. the old cartos are made with paper wrapping around the metal carto. you will see its paper if you clean them and rinse them with water. they will start to bubble up. the new cartos are enamel on the cart so that wont come off. actually the old cartos produce loads of vapor. i still have some old ones left and i use them every day. work great. also i think on the older carts the metal was a bit lighter. anyway if you bought he greencig kit in town as you said just bring them back to him. and ask him for replacement. i just had mine replaced by the greencig main office. Nancy there tok very good care of me and gave me 2 brand new ones. i got mine back in september.
so now you know there are 2 different kinds of greencig cartos. old ones and new ones. and so far 5 months vaping greencig cartos old and new and only had to toss a few away that didnt work anymore. some of my poriginals i still have and they are 5 months old and loads of vapor and TH. but i do sometimes add some 60mg unflav. to some of my Drewbacco 1 this way when i want a good TH i reach for my spiked DB1. lol
i usually dont use my Xhaler with the greencig cartos but lately i have been at 3.7v only. i dont like the taste over 3.7v with the gc cartos. anyway hope i helped you some/ let me know if you want the name and address of nancy at Greencig and you can email her and tell her what happenned.
Good luck and Happy vaping

Cos

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
Much obliged cos, I'll be heading into town on Monday hopefully to talk to the Smoker Friendly owner where I bought the kit. She's a really nice lady (gave her Drew's card in case she wants to stock extra GS batts and flavors there) so I'm hopeful I can get a replacement for the broken battery. If not, I'll get that address from ya and see if Nancy might be able to solve the problem. :)

As an aside, I've a few questions about juices and passthroughs and storage of the aforementioned juices. Are all passthroughs set at 5 volts? I got mine from Drew (LOVE this bloody thing, I look like a hookah addict when I'm at the computer) and was wondering if the HV juices are better for it. I use batteries when I'm out and about at work and such, so most of the day it's standard 3.7 volt vaping. As for juice storage, what's your opinion regarding room temp (cool dry place sort of thing) or putting them in the fridge?

You guys are great btw, you and Alpha and the others here make this place an outstanding resource and coupled with Drew's professional business practices, I haven't even bothered with any other sites since I found you folks. :)

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Conner
i cant help you with passthru as i never bought one. dont know why maybe cause i cant sit in 1 place long lol. but someone will reply and help you im sure.
I keep my liquids in the spare medicine cabinet. my kids moved out 10 yrs ago so the other side of the hous eis all mine lol.
thats where i keep them. its pretty big size and liquids, syringe, and my unflavored 60mg go in there. all of my empty used cartos i have in a old tobacco little humidoor i think ya call it. They are all cleaned out and all empty ready to be filled with liquid. btw when i clean out a carto i always add 2 drops of VG 0 nic into teh cart to keep the wick moist. Thats about all i can help ya with.
I heard others put them in a fridge and other places. again im sure others with reply with some help for ya. remember its sat nite not many people are home. i am cause my wife is sick. take care and enjoy the weekend..
Cos

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Most passthroughs are NOT 5 volts and only output 3.7. The 5 volt ones do not have the inline battery (which regulates the voltage) and use the full 5 volt capability of usb 2.0 spec. Only 5 volt PT's will specifically say 5 volt capable, otherwise they are standard voltage. I know of a few places to get a 5v PT, so PM me if you want more info.

Ed

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Conner-I know Drew told me the volts of my passthrough but I forgot, I just know it kicks .... and I love it! I keep all my "stuff" that I'm not using in my sewing room in the basement. I have 30ml bottles that I use to refill my sample bottles. When I'm using a flavor it sits on the kitchen counter. When I'm tired of that one, it goes to the basement and I bring up something different.

Cos-hope the wife feels better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread