Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Why does the ECF "BAN" weblinks to another vapor forum?

We do not restrict links to all other e-cig forums. However, there are some sites (not just forums) that we prefer not to link to as a matter of how and who forum ownership wants to be associated with/ represented by.

IceMaiden101

Jul 31, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
For more info on this, see my post at
http://............com/showpost.php?p=556096&postcount=8

Basically, since the CA AG sued and settled with njoy and SE (requiring them to stop selling certain flavored e-cigs in CA), I suspect the new CA AG may now be contacting other e-cig companies pressuring them to do the same.

Please note the then CA AG Gerry Brown (who is now CA Governor) only sued SE and njoy, which almost certainly was in retaliation for their lawsuit against the FDA. The OR AG also only sued SE and njoy after they sued the FDA.

It's interesting how things come about. Thanks for enlightening me more on the subject. Many have believed that politicians out to ban e-cigs altogether were the ultimate adversaries. However, I am coming to think that the best way for them to win is quite possibly to do exactly what they are doing in CA... start clipping the branches off the tree until there is nothing left but a stump. And when you think about it, who will be to blame technically? Its the companies that are making the decisions to do as "asked".

*And I guess it probably falls on all us to a certain extent as well. No one else can better take up the cause than we the actual vapers regarding this subject.

Last edited:

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
I'll never understand this ban stuff while cigarettes (known potential killers and illness causers) are allowed to stay. Without getting deeper that makes ZERO sense to me. This helped me quit and I enjoy it dammit.
Anyway, I have been a GreenSmoker since last May and I think they are eliminating flavors altogether, other than menthol and tobacco...never been a tobacco person. Their menthol is good, but even their flavors that had recently been "improved" burn out on me way too fast so I have decided to switch to an E-Go because of those reasons.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I'll never understand this ban stuff while cigarettes (known potential killers and illness causers) are allowed to stay. Without getting deeper that makes ZERO sense to me. This helped me quit and I enjoy it dammit.
Anyway, I have been a GreenSmoker since last May and I think they are eliminating flavors altogether, other than menthol and tobacco...never been a tobacco person. Their menthol is good, but even their flavors that had recently been "improved" burn out on me way too fast so I have decided to switch to an E-Go because of those reasons.

a coworker of mine said they have a whole new flavor line, that sucks compared to the originals

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
I have not read the whole thread but my guess, correct me if wrong, is that the ban / restriction to flavor is related to the traditional only-two-or-three classic flavours of medical products, with an extended hermeneutic criteria as to keep kids away from PVs, etc. Well, but then again, maybe; if this or similar is the case, you could use as an argument the fact that e-cigs will only work as a terapheutic approach or alternative to smoking if you can swap more than the basic flavors. Which is only true and very easy to demonstrate: Many of us only find our 'sweet' spot with exotic flavors and most of us are affected by the periods in which flavors dont appear so changes are neccesary.....
So, couldnt this reason be of a legal argumental basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread