Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

+willo+

Nov 15, 2017
Hey guys and gals, 33 years old - 17 years of cowboy killers, found vaping and never looked back. Haven't had a cig in 2, 2.5 years or so. Love the hobby, love the lifestyle, love the benefits most of all. I'm a trucker, spend a lot of time away from family and friends, so I figured I may try and make some new ones here.

Home for a couple days, figured I'd see what I could twist up real quick and this is what I came up with. 26g core claptoned with 36g twisted with .8 ribbon. All SS316L.. vaping at .221ohms 100w on a Rapture rda sitting on my Predator Mod. (yeah I know, but I actually like it lol)

pictures here: [JUSTIFY_TEXT]QuickTwist 01[/JUSTIFY_TEXT]

At first, I twisted the Clapton with a 28g and then reverse twisted that with the ribbon. one coil come out PERFECT, each notch lined up and everything, but not enough wire to make a second.. second batch i left out the 28, didn't come out as pretty of course. I need to find that coil and take a photo. it was pretty.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Some interesting thoughts in here, I make coils but have not tried the ribbon wire yet, also the 12 V battery in a truck vs the lithium batteries, I worked in electronics and it makes sense, problem is the lithium provides 4.2 to 3 something V and you have dual cell mods with 8.4 V, again it can be done.
Note, lithium batteries are dangerous, 12 v batteries can take a lot of abuse but the lithium batteries will not.

+willo+

Nov 15, 2017
Howdy and welcome. I’ve had theories about tethered mods for truckers. I mean you spend your whole day a few feet from a great 12v dc power source. Messing with batteries seems silly. Does this make potential sense?

actually not a bad idea at all.. I've had a few mods with passthrough charging I've used in that way.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
actually not a bad idea at all.. I've had a few mods with passthrough charging I've used in that way.
There used to be quasi mechanicals that ran at a constant 5v and plugged into a USB port. Their build quality was always utterly miserable for some reason though.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
At first, I twisted the Clapton with a 28g and then reverse twisted that with the ribbon. one coil come out PERFECT, each notch lined up and everything, but not enough wire to make a second.. second batch i left out the 28, didn't come out as pretty of course. I need to find that coil and take a photo. it was pretty.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sounds like you found your favorite passtime.
Might like to visit and compare notes in:
Coil Builds

+willo+

Nov 15, 2017
There used to be quasi mechanicals that ran at a constant 5v and plugged into a USB port. Their build quality was always utterly miserable for some reason though.

I agree, a good quality mod designed for such use might find a niche amongst people like me. I know Id buy one lol Save from having my battery charger attached to my dash via Velcro and swapping batteries a couple times a day.

+willo+

Nov 15, 2017
Hello from Indonesia

As I know truckers here in my country, most of em are heavy tobacco smokers..so I found this amazing to quit and move on to vaping..
So inspiring.. Respect

Must be a universal trucker thing. I've driven in the US, Canada, Mexico, the Middle East, and several parts of Europe. Just about every trucker I met, smoked AT LEAST as much as I did.. Tobacco, Coffee, and sadly, in far too many cases, speed. Glad I quit one and never had to worry about the other.. Still love my coffee though :) Vaping has added quite a few years to my life I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread