Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Never tried it, but I'd think you'd have a hard time building a coil of reasonable resistance without a *lot* of loops. Surface area is the name of the game, and that'd have a lot of it. But I think it would be more a a single coil dripper thing than anything else. And you'll probably want a 200 watt mod to fire it without an insanely long ramp time. If it could be made to work, I think it would eat batteries like Godzilla, drink juice like a fire hose and make cloud like a steamthrower. Wicking it, I believe, would also cause a problem. It's hard to see how you could get juice into the middle of a coil that long. Hhhmmm... maybe a space in the middle, like XXX---XXX, so you could bring a loop of wick out and back into the juice well.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It might at that. Tell you what, though: I think I'd try twisted 30s and Clapton them with the same gauge. That would reduce the wire diameter, meaning the coil would be both smaller and less massive. I have never tired to Clapton twisted wire, but I have read the wrap wire will not lay neatly, preferring to follow the twists in the underlayment. That makes sense to me. And if it's true, you'll probably get better results with a fused Clapton than in trying to Clapton a twist.

Reactions: devon_fang_

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
So I've been messing around with builds lately and I was wondering about something. If I twisted three 26g Kanthal wires and then claptoned it with say a 30 or 28g wire how it would come out? I've done both twisted and Clapton coils and love them so I thought, "Why not have the best of both worlds?" Haha. Any thoughts on it?

I'm curious. What atty has post holes big enough to hold that much wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread