Grinds Coffee Pouches - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
You should try it and decide for yourself. Some people seem to be getting by ok with it. It’s just not for me.

hitt...still interesting (to me) how vapers can have Totally Different opinions on e-juice...(and tanks and mods)...

(And I do remind myself each day that there are "people in the world Different Than Me")...

If anything, I found the Umba WTA to be a little "too strong" for me. Having used Aroma's WTA-24mg...the first bottle I tried from Umba was their WTA-24mg. But it gave me feelings similar to when I've attempted to move up from my regular nicotine-6mg to nicotine-12mg.

(Since I have a family history of Alzheimer's---and since nicotine is the only substance proven, so far, to actually prevent/delay the onset of Alzheimer's/senile dementia...I occasionally attempt to increase my e-juice's nicotine.)

I ended up finding that adding about 50% Umba WTA-24mg and about 50% Umba (flavored) WTA-12mg. to a tank (ending up with approximately WTA-18mg.)...I get the SAME mental/physiological effects as Aroma's WTA-24mg. e-juice...

:2c:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    If it works for you and you can save some money then that's great. I've been spoiled by having gotten wta straight from Dvap in the beginning and then aroma worked with Dvap to develop the process that they use now. In my mind I have a preconceived idea of how wta should taste and feel and if it's different from that then I question it. I honestly felt no affect from the umba 24mg unflavored wta. I don't know about what process and material that umba uses but there have been others that I've tried in the past that I would swear that they were adding chemicals to nic liquid and calling it wta rather than actually doing an extraction from tobacco.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Vanilla Coffee
    This one smells of vanilla and coffee, really nice aroma. :) Does taste like a coffee with vanilla cream, but could have a little more flavor. A little sweetness, but you can taste both the coffee and the vanilla cream.
    Update
    Tried another with the 4 drops of WTA, seems to have more vanilla flavor, I am really liking it now that it has nicotine in it. :)

I mixed up 10ml of 10% WTA I talked about above and put 4 drops on a Mocha pouch, I'll try it this weekend and see what it's like (like to let it set for a couple of days for it to meld)

I tried the Umba WTA, but didn't clean my dripper first (been a couple of months since I used it), but it was a little harsh, but to be fair, I need to clean my dripper and try it again. :facepalm:

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Trying something different. :D

Took a Grinds Vanilla pouch, and an Oden's Extreme Vanilla (19.8mg per portion), cut them open and mixed them together, then made 2 pouches. Going to see what the combination is like. Didn't care for the Oden's, but the addition of the Grinds pouch might help, and will also cut it down to 9.9mg per portion.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks to Burnie, I’m able to try the coffee pouches. I tried the caramel this morning and actually liked the flavor even though I felt nothing from the caffeine. I’m not surprised though. I drink a lot of coffee so probably have a bit of a tolerance built up. I liked the flavor but doubt I’d buy any since there’s no nic. I might try a few drops of wta on one like Burnie did.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks to Burnie, I’m able to try the coffee pouches. I tried the caramel this morning and actually liked the flavor even though I felt nothing from the caffeine. I’m not surprised though. I drink a lot of coffee so probably have a bit of a tolerance built up. I liked the flavor but doubt I’d buy any since there’s no nic. I might try a few drops of wta on one like Burnie did.
    Yea, they need nicotine. Just mix up some Nic Salt 100mg/ml with VG to make 9ml of 24mg/ml, then add 1ml of 24mg/ml Aroma WTA giving me a total of 10ml of 24mg/ml with 10% WTA. 5 Drops seems to work good, and only going 10% WTA the cost is not bad.

upload_2018-3-24_17-52-20.png

The Flavor above is the WTA and the PG is the nicotine.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Burnie, I felt like I got little to no effect from the umba wta. I dripped it straight on an rda. It seemed harsh and left a tingling sensation in my mouth. I then rewicked and dripped some aroma wta and immediately could tell the difference. I think I’ve told you before but I have a long history with wta going back to the time that Dvap first figured out how to do the extraction process. I’ve tried several other wta’s and none have even come close to aroma’s in my opinion.

I tried the Umba WTA, but didn't clean my dripper first (been a couple of months since I used it), but it was a little harsh, but to be fair, I need to clean my dripper and try it again. :facepalm:
    Well decided to try the Umba WTA again. I cleaned my Dripper this time, and dripped on some Umba, vaping between 5 & 6 watts, it was harsh and no affect that I noticed. Then to be fair, I cleaned it again and put in some Aroma, NOT harsh, and can feel an affect after a couple of draws. So I agree with @hittman that there is a major difference in the two. I am going to try the Umba on some coffee pouches, I have a 120ml bottle, got to do something with it. :facepalm:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’m glad I’m not the only one to have that experience with the umba. If you think about it logically, there has to be a reason that umba is $10 for 30ml and aroma is about $25-30 for 15ml. This in my opinion is one of those times where you get what you pay for.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    there is a major difference in the two.

This in my opinion is one of those times where you get what you pay for.

Have either of yinz tried the OMvapors WTA yet?

Just ordered some to try...why not...it's 75% OFF through 4/15 with coupon OMVAPE75...

(I may be an unsophisticated WTA vaper...I, myself, get the same increased mental clarity and energy with Umbavape's WTA as I do with Aroma's.)

Whole Tobacco Alkaloids

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Nope, but I normally don't use WTA, don't need it.

Well...Burnie..."need" is one of those words that NON-smokers like to use in order to enable themselves to look at Smokers as addicts...

I smoked for 50 years...and loved every cigarette I smoked...

After switching...I love nicotine e-juice, love WTA e-juice and love nicotine pouches (thanx to the informative thread that you started)...but they're all quite different (to me)...

[I also love Wendy's Baconators and love McDonald's Vanilla Shakes...but I never see myself as "needing" them.]

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well...Burnie..."need" is one of those words that NON-smokers like to use in order to enable themselves to look at Smokers as addicts...

I smoked for 50 years...and loved every cigarette I smoked...

After switching...I love nicotine e-juice, love WTA e-juice and love nicotine pouches (thanx to the informative thread that you started)...but they're all quite different (to me)...

[I also love Wendy's Baconators and love McDonald's Vanilla Shakes...but I never see myself as "needing" them.]

I agree, I also like my Nicotine, just like I also like my caffeine, do I need them, Well yes I do. :) WTA is something I don''t really need, as I get satisfaction from just nicotine, but I'm not saying others don't need it, we are all different. I Smoked for about 39 years, 2 1/2 packs a day when I quit, but with Snus, Vaping, and Nicotine pouches, (and coffee pouches with added nicotine) I have been a non-smoker for quite some time. And I also LOVE Wendy's Baconators. :D

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    We are really getting wta from snus(tobacco). Wta is the minor alkaloids along with nic that is extracted from tobacco. So in reality, I do need wta. I just get most of it from snus. I still take a few hits of wta liquid here and there but snus gives what I need.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    We are really getting wta from snus

Interesting...(and from what I've read--valid) point...hitt...

How about Nicotine Pouches (which I'm still a newbie at trying to fit into my life)...do they also contain WTA???

I notice different effects from WTA-ejuice vs. nicotine-ejuice...(but enjoy them both)...

The first WTA I ran across was Aroma's...but it was so expensive that I'd only keep one tank filled with it...and take 5-10 puffs when I'd wake up, 5-10 puffs 1-2 times during the day and 5-10 puffs before going to bed...

Then I ran across Umbavape's WTA...which is priced close to nicotine-ejuice...and now keep about half the tanks in my rotation filled with their WTA-ejuice...and vape whichever I feel like at the moment...:thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread