Gripper advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
I'm going to get a smok gripper from madvapes to use at work. Gripper I was looking for cartos and was wondering if these are the suggested ones to use for the gripper? 510 Dual Coil Stainless Mega Cartomizer, 1.5 ohm

If possible I'd like a carto I could use under the drip shield of my K100 (that's in the mail) and in the gripper if possible.

I want the biggest carto possible that wont protrude from the top of the gripper.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Any 45 mm carto will work with the Gripper. Boge XL, Smoktech, Ikenvape mega. It's nice to have the extension adaptor to be able to have the option of replacing the Xl carto and then using other delivery devices such as a dripper atomizer, clearomizer, mini Vivi Nova, or smaller cartotank. ($4 @ Got Vapes)

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Any 45 mm carto will work with the Gripper. Boge XL, Smoktech, Ikenvape mega.Nice to have the extension adaptor to be able to have the option of replacing the Xl carto and then using other delivery devices such as a dripper atomizer, clearomizer, mini Vivi Nova, or smaller cartotank. ($4 @ Got Vapes)

I keep hearing about that extension adapter but I will be danged if I know what to look for. It that reason alone I haven't bought a Gripper since most of the time I would have other devices on it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I keep hearing about that extension adapter but I will be danged if I know what to look for. It that reason alone I haven't bought a Gripper since most of the time I would have other devices on it.
Look here: SMOKtech 18350 GRIPPER Mechanical - Black Rubberized [gv-SMOKGripper18350-BLACK] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Just below the general description for the Gripper, you are asked to PLEASE CHOOSE: DO YOU WANT A GRIPPER EXTENSION? There is then a drop down window for yes or no.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Look here: SMOKtech 18350 GRIPPER Mechanical - Black Rubberized [gv-SMOKGripper18350-BLACK] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Just below the general description for the Gripper, you are asked to PLEASE CHOOSE: DO YOU WANT A GRIPPER EXTENSION? There is then a drop down window for yes or no.

Well that explains it I was looking at the gripper on a different site. So it figures I couldn't find the dang extender. THanks Bad it be ordered!

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
I got my Gripper today. Burnt the first cartomizer I filled. (first time using carts) filled a 2nd one and put my battery on the charger. Put the carto on my vamo for a while and the carto is doing good so here in a little while I'll see how it performs on the gripper.

I was pleased to see the Nano clearomizers fit nicely into the gripper although they don't leave the entire drip tip sticking out.

AltSmoke.com | Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs |

First observations in the unboxing was IT"S SMALL. I mean when I got my package there was a little white box and I thought they must have forgot to pack the gripper. It's a good size though, and it does feel cheap but it is. So what do ya expect.

I also really don't trust that 510 connection at the bottom of it. I'm going to have to find a way to remedy that. Any hints?

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
Been using my gripper all day. In fact it was a blessing I recieved it today as the Ego battery I use at work died this morning. (I work on a drilling rig and dont want to carry my vamo around all day out there) So I got extensive on the job use out of the gripper today. It was a good experience.

I mean I was filling my carto every hour probably from fear of running it dry (again first carto experience) Other than that It worked well all day.

Here's the thing. I want to cut the side off of it and modify it to hold a vivi nova mini tank where the carto currently sits.

Anyone done this? any pictures you can share? I want for it to look good but that's not the biggest concern. I want it to work good. Not that I had any problems running my smoktech cartos today (although I did get 2.0 ohm and shoulda got 1.7's) I just would prefer the bigger capacity. I would run a mini vivi nova with black metal tank in the cutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread