The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Gums sore?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by MiriM, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MiriM

MiriM Full Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Hi, all! I am so proud to join this forum and be a Quitter. 3 weeks, no analogs. I smoked for 22 years (I would quit only when pregnant), 1-1.5 packs a day. It feels good to not stink, to be saving $$, and to hopefully be reducing the harm I've done to my body.

Anyway, 1 month into vaping and I noticed my gums are suddenly sore? Like not by my teeth but lower. I'm using an Aspire K3, vaping 12-18mg nicotine ejuice. It's a 70PG/30VG ejuice (higher VG gives me a heavy feeling in my chest).

It literally just started 2 days ago. Gums are not swollen or bleeding, just sore sore sore. Any advice?

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Remember there are a host of bad things your body is only just starting to get rid of. Switching from smoking to vaping can cause all sorts of temporary medical oddities. Sometimes serious problems even seem to appear because they are no longer covered by the mask of cigarette chemicals.

Sore gums isn’t one I’ve heard of before but may be in keeping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Quitting smokers can experience gum problems whether they vape or quit cold turkey.
    After years of smoking I have some gum problems. I had gum problems while I smoked but the smoking masked any discomfort and I was unaware of the problem, my dentist was fully aware of it though.
    For me I dropped high mg mtl vaping in favour of low mg direct to lung vaping and suffer much less discomfort.
    What I am describing may not be the problem you are having.

A visit to the dentist or dental hygienist would be a good idea at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MiriM

MiriM Full Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Thanks all!

• Like Like x 2
  5. MiriM

MiriM Full Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Hey all. Update, gums are much better. I think the culprit was the toothpaste I had recently switched to. A super whitening toothpaste. I went back to my normal paste and the gums got better!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome! Phew, that was a close one indeed!

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.