Gums sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiriM

Jul 9, 2019
Hi, all! I am so proud to join this forum and be a Quitter. 3 weeks, no analogs. I smoked for 22 years (I would quit only when pregnant), 1-1.5 packs a day. It feels good to not stink, to be saving $$, and to hopefully be reducing the harm I've done to my body.

Anyway, 1 month into vaping and I noticed my gums are suddenly sore? Like not by my teeth but lower. I'm using an Aspire K3, vaping 12-18mg nicotine ejuice. It's a 70PG/30VG ejuice (higher VG gives me a heavy feeling in my chest).

It literally just started 2 days ago. Gums are not swollen or bleeding, just sore sore sore. Any advice?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Remember there are a host of bad things your body is only just starting to get rid of. Switching from smoking to vaping can cause all sorts of temporary medical oddities. Sometimes serious problems even seem to appear because they are no longer covered by the mask of cigarette chemicals.

Sore gums isn’t one I’ve heard of before but may be in keeping.

• Agree
Reactions: GOMuniEsq

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Quitting smokers can experience gum problems whether they vape or quit cold turkey.
After years of smoking I have some gum problems. I had gum problems while I smoked but the smoking masked any discomfort and I was unaware of the problem, my dentist was fully aware of it though.
For me I dropped high mg mtl vaping in favour of low mg direct to lung vaping and suffer much less discomfort.
What I am describing may not be the problem you are having.

A visit to the dentist or dental hygienist would be a good idea at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread