Gurgling Aspire Nautilus Mini??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHubbs

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Canton, Georgia, USA
So I went and got the Nautilus Mini today, the supposedly "Leak free" tank. But after about 30 min of vaping I pull it out of my pocket again and take a hit and get sprayed in the mouth. Everything is tight, all seals are good.

It seems every tank I own is never "Leak free"... What am I doing wrong? Is it just me?

Very simple solution. If you'd like, I will make a quick video tutorial for you on how to fix it, but here's the basics:

1. Fill your tank.
2. Close off your airholes ENTIRELY.
3. Attach base/seat to tank
4. Tighten to a firm level, but do NOT overtighten.
5. Adjust the airflow to the tightest draw.
6. Take several (8-20) primer puffs (this will vary based on how thick your liquid is, and how big of puffs you take)
7. Set your airflow to your desired amount.
8. Vape away!

Will post video upon request, but know I only own the Nautilus Original. It's the same technology, just a bigger tank.

In all honesty, I think I over tightened. I was trying to loosen the base and I nearly need pliers Haha. I learned from that :p Can I get an explanation on how overtightening causes this?

The over-tightening is more of a safety measure on your tank, honestly. It can break that glass when you go to take it apart.

cjvdh

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
PA
In all honesty, I think I over tightened. I was trying to loosen the base and I nearly need pliers Haha. I learned from that :p Can I get an explanation on how overtightening causes this?

Dont 100% quote me on this but I am pretty sure that when you over tighten it squeezes those gaskets and like "pinches" them between the glass and the base and then you have virtually no seal left. You want that seal to be in between your base and the glass in order for it to provide a GOOD seal. If you almost needed pliers then yeah way too tight. It's all good though just cleanup whatever leaked, wipe your tank down and just snug it. Goodluck OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread