Gurgling, atomizers, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilya

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Hey guys I'm kinda new but I've been reading this forum wherever I seem to put myself into it for about a month now. I've seen a lot on the mods page but can someone tell me this...

I got a Vgo it uses a 510 atomizer, I thought the cartridge held all the liquid and it was wicked onto the atomizer coil but I'm finding some "mega" 510 atomizers that hold liquid? I've been wiping excess liquid out of my atomizer and pulling my cartridge apart to clean it out too or i find I get a slurping sound and not much vapor or the stuff shoots straight onto my tongue and it's quite nasty. Or it drips out onto my battery (which I clean) Are atomizers actually supposed to hold e-liquid as a reservoir? Perhaps a point to a sticky about this? Not realy comfortable with modding yet lol :) Thanks!

n2xe

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Owego, NY
While we all want a perfect world that just isn't realistic. Where I come from, earth, I have to deal with real world imperfections.

When you vape, it creates a hot, saturated gas of air, PG, VG, water vapor and nicotine. When this hits the side of the relatively cold atomizer body and cartridge, it condenses. If you get a lot of condensate, it gurgles. Wipe it off, blow it out, be happy that you avoided god knows how many carcinogens.

And welcome to ECF!

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
The atomizer isn't actually supposed to "hold" a large amount of liquid. It's supposed to wick the liquid from the cartridge filler via the bridge and then vaporize it. Lots of folks like to direct drip the liquid onto this bridge instead of using the cartridge because most cartridges just don't wick very well, if at all. It only takes about 3 drops to fill that little pot under the atomizer bridge, so that would be the suggested amount to drip in there assuming it's been in use for a little while. If it's freshly cleaned and void of all liquid, it can take more drops to properly get it primed again and vaping well. Gurgle sounds surely mean flooded and that there is too much liquid in the atomizer for it to perform properly.

I'm not sure what mega atomizers you're asking about...can you post a link or tell us where you found them? :)

Mr Pink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Pepperell, MA
It doesn't "hold" liquid. Just three drops. Or use a cartridge. I personally like using a cartidge better than dripping for this reason. I think I get more draws using a cartridge before I have to top off anyway. Lots here would disagree. But no, you're putting too much in. However, when direct dripping, I find a wee bit of leakage is frequently the norm.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was wondering the same thing. I think your talking about "Tanks" I also think there are some called CE2 they hold the liquid. I really want to try something like this because I'm always wondering if I'm doing this right, am I saturating the filler enough, am dripping to much in my atomizer, it was doing the same thing, now I know, but, another reason I'm thinking about these reservoir systems. I also was wondering about the cleaning, first I heard about it :( am I suppose to be....... ugh

Last edited:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I was wondering the same thing. I think your talking about "Tanks" I also think there are some called CE2 they hold the liquid

Tanks and E2's are different animals. Tanks work with atomizers and E2's are cartomizers with no filler in them. Not to be confused with the MAP Tanks that actually have E2's inside of them. :confused: Man, vaping is tricky LOL.

Kufu Kahn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Washington State
Hello, the cartridges tend to leak unless you can fine tune them a bit. There are lots of mods available for you to try on the forum. I am currently using the larger eGo XL atomizer and cartridges with a Fluval (aquarium filter media) filling and it works quite well for me.

You will figure it out quickly with all of the help available here.

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread