Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
search function is acting up on mobile, so question to anyone familiar with GUS mods and their top caps..
Didn't realize what I was working with until now
image.jpeg

The positive "rice pin" doubles as a fuse!! ("Mr. French" Genius, Genius, Genius!)
How could I be so blind to this innovation??
I've been to GUS site and noticed three options I think I have.
1. Replace fuse/rice pin with similar they offer. But, it has a 12A limit so no.
2. There is a GUS TOP CONNECTOR FULL SS 510 WITH AIRFLOW replacement but site doesn't describe the pin.
3. Grab the hybrid Topcap and be careful.

Do they offer normal, "non-infused" pins? Maybe special order higher amp fuse pins??
Any help would be appreciated. I'll probably reach out to them sometime soon.

Update: located 2 replacement fuse/rice pins that came with mod but need to upgrade them.
image.jpeg

Will stick to .4 ohm or higher until then.

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I think the fuse is cool but many don't know that a standard pin
from a Nemesis (even a clone) fits perfectly.

download.jpg

I have 4 Gus mods and have never had a fuse blow, so I don't think I need 1000 of them! :D
Well if you happen to blow a fuse anytime soon and don't have a nemi handy, I might just have a 15 amp to spareo_O;)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I love GUS mods and you could order from them and I do believe they have higher amperage, you could message them.

You could buy them on Ebay, I will get you a link, they have higher amperage available and I got a few of them to have as back ups.

They do last a pretty long time unless of course your build shorted or you ran a resistance that was lower than it could handle and it did its "job" by not permitting it to overload.

Only time I have broken mine is when I get over zealous when cleaning and I try to slip the fuse out too hard. A little bit of electrical silicone such as NyoGel 760G helps to make it slip off easier.

Now let me get you the link for the fuses.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just an update, got the ones I linked above and they came in, WOW a 1000 fuses is gonna last more than a life time.

They are gold / gold plated, but I dont think they are plated.
I did have some trouble getting them to slip into the little hole, usually they dont slip in easy, kinda have to shove em in and occassionally break them , but I took a fine nail file and gave it a bit of file on each side and voila, perfect.

Great buy, guess these are used on PC mother boards etc. Im glad I got em.

I also have a source for the little ball bearings for the BB Switches for some of the GUS MODs.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Just an update, got the ones I linked above and they came in, WOW a 1000 fuses is gonna last more than a life time.They are gold / gold plated, but I dont think they are plated.I did have some trouble getting them to slip into the little hole, usually they dont slip in easy, kinda have to shove em in and occassionally break them , but I took a fine nail file and gave it a bit of file on each side and voila, perfect. Great buy, guess these are used on PC mother boards etc. Im glad I got em.
Aces:)

I also have a source for the little ball bearings for the BB Switches for some of the GUS MODs.
Another pleasant surprise when I broke it down for cleaning/repair
IMG_4261.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
View attachment 695403

Well if you happen to blow a fuse anytime soon and don't have a nemi handy, I might just have a 15 amp to spareo_O;)

Me too !!! ;)
I think the fuse is cool but many don't know that a standard pin
from a Nemesis (even a clone) fits perfectly.

I have 4 Gus mods and have never had a fuse blow, so I don't think I need 1000 of them! :D

Ive heard about the Nemi pin, but never seem to order the right part, have some Nemeis contacts, but dont work. If you could please post a photo of the part? and where to get, Id love it. I now have a small film canister full of the wrong pins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread