ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Kiss-QE : Summary

A. How it all started: Mar-25, 2014 >Post #558<

I like the overall format of the Lord better than the Kiss, tho I liked the Kiss's engraving too. Thus, asked Gus during early March-2014 if it was possible to modify his Kiss. He told me to make a design of what I wanted (similar to what I did with the Lord Driptip) and show him. Subsequently, me and Dspin went into talking about it, then I seriously sat down to making that design; and sent the following info to Gus:
96vq5z.jpg

1. Retains the brass ring in the telescopic centre
2. Does away with the dimples in the top & bottom SS sections
3. Comes with the 'new' Slim Switch
4. Stock 12A fuse in the topcap, so that it's ready for sub-Ohms till 0.3Ω
5. New series of Serial Numbers (let's get the lows!)

B. List started: Mar-27, 2014 >Post #562<

C. Prototype images came in: Apr-13, 2014 >Post #900<

2jc82hh.jpg

~Final image of the body tube (how it will look)
~Switch and Top cap will be different (not the pictured ones)

D. Pricing came in: Apr-13, 2014 >Post #886<
*Price Confirmed: 120 € SHIPPED
cool06.gif

*Ready by: After Easter Monday (the week of Apr-21, 2014)
*Paypal invoices: Sent by the week of Apr-28, 2014

E. Special Pouch for us: Apr-17, 2014 >Post #971<

14muano.jpg

Courtesy: Madam Maria

F. Prototype Switch and Topcap (new version):

kar15i.jpg

~The switch is shown without the buttons (not yet ready)

G. Allotment of the Serial Numbers:
Our serial #s will be allotted on "first-come-first-served" basis. All Paypal invoices will be sent simultaneously. As we pay up - the next available Serial# will be offered to us. This has been discussed and accepted for two reasons, (1)to avoid hold-up of a serial# if someone doesn't pay up soon, and (2)to avoid chaos of 'swap requests', when some one wants a certain # and the other (who's at that position on the list) disagrees.

H. The 'List' as it stands now: Apr-18, 2014
1. Qorax (email N/R)
2. DSpin (email received)
3. Sllanham (email received)
4. Dianne (email received)
5. Hrathor (email received)
6. Giselle (email received)
7. Michelle (email received)
8. bce22 (email received)
9. Grrrr (email received)
10. ColoradoVapz (email received)
11. Smaefer (email received)
12. FearTX - Brecke (email received)
13. Fabrice Combes (email received)
14. Vu Nguyen (email received)
15. Ghostworld (email received)
16. Vwls (email received)
17. Montara (email received)
18. D113 (email received)
19. Don Aquino (email received)
20. Jon (email received)
21. aage (email received)
22. mattrhdr (email received)
23. Maryline Laisne-Javelle (email received)
24. Hassan Bouajaji (email received)
25. suspectK (email received)
26. icucme2 (email received)
27. Mr.Mann (email received)
28. XxtremV2 (email received)
29. No lan (email received)

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
question - so when we get the paypal invoice, do we pay and in the "comment box" type the serial # we would like and the inscription?

then if that serial # is spoken for Gus will email us back to let us know?

The Serial $ is not in our control, so to speak. It'd be allotted based on the time we pay-up. As you pay - the next available serial # is given to you. Automatically, no hanky-panky there.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
New Switch and Topcap

Ok, problem here :( Didn't see it coming ~ a case of 'lost in translation' I guess. Since morning I'm chatting with Gus, many pics back and forth. So, here's the good news and the bad news.

Good News: The new switch and top caps are slimmer than their current iteration, by 1 mm. The 'fuse', tho remains, has been swapped from top to the bottom. It's now in the Switch. While the top cap comes with a Telescopic Pos Post, they call it the VPB (Variable Post Brass). As usual the fuse can be replaced with a copper or brass stud of similar dimensions if one doesn't like it, I like the fuse tho.

Bad news: The new versions, both the top cap and the switch are all SS. They are designed for the regular Gus mods, not specifically for the Lord or the Kiss, based on numerous requests and due to the success of their G16 (it has the same top cap & switch).

OPTIONS:

2ns1k7r.jpg

With the new top cap, nothing can be done. It is two (2) pieces, while our Lord one is in three (3) parts. Thus, there's no scope of putting a brass piece there.

The switch, there still is a possibility of using the existing housing (which is Brass) and thus get that accent. Gus says he'll check it out on Monday and see if it is possible. As of now chances are 50:50.

Bummer: The new top cap and the switch are actually cheaper than our Lord's top cap and switch. So, if we get them we'd be getting a lower priced variant of the current awesome top and bottom, those which we have in our Lords, and can be had with our Kiss-QE as well. Catch-22 situation!

My Opinion: I'd buy my Kiss-QE with the exisitng Lord Switch and Top-Cap. Which are a better matching product for the device, tho a mm thicker. And is a higher priced item too. 120 € still for everything.

Your thoughts pls?

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
Can we have the kiss qe tube with the lord switch and topcap? If so thats perfectly fine with me, it actually saves me money as I no longer need to buy new switch and topcap for the Lord nor the plain tube I was going to buy to make use of the old lord topcap and switch.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
I like the 3 accents of brass on the lord too much to mot have them on the Kiss. In my opinion it wouldn't look as good with just the brass accent on the tube.. Plus these two devices are like a set to me and should look the same minus the engraving.

I'd like to stick with the existing Lord top cap and switch housing.

aage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
iceland
New Switch and Topcap

Ok, problem here :( Didn't see it coming ~ a case of 'lost in translation' I guess. Since morning I'm chatting with Gus, many pics back and forth. So, here's the good news and the bad news.

Good News: The new switch and top caps are slimmer than their current iteration, by 1 mm. The 'fuse', tho remains, has been swapped from top to the bottom. It's now in the Switch. While the top cap comes with a Telescopic Pos Post, they call it the VPB (Variable Post Brass). As usual the fuse can be replaced with a copper or brass stud of similar dimensions if one doesn't like it, I like the fuse tho.

Bad news: The new versions, both the top cap and the switch are all SS. They are designed for the regular Gus Mods, not specifically for the Lord or the Kiss, based on numerous requests and due to the success of their G16 (it has the same top cap & switch).

OPTIONS:

2ns1k7r.jpg

With the new top cap, nothing can be done. It is two (2) pieces, while our Lord one is in three (3) parts. Thus, there's no scope of putting a brass piece there.

The switch, there still is a possibility of using the existing housing (which is Brass) and thus get that accent. Gus says he'll check it out on Monday and see if it is possible. As of now chances are 50:50.

Bummer: The new top cap and the switch are actually cheaper than our Lord's top cap and switch. So, if we get them we'd be getting a lower priced variant of the current awesome top and bottom, those which we have in our Lords, and can be had with our Kiss-QE as well. Catch-22 situation!

My Opinion: I'd buy my Kiss-QE with the exisitng Lord Switch and Top-Cap. Which are a better matching product for the device, tho a mm thicker. And is a higher priced item too. 120 € still for everything.

Your thoughts pls?

I would do the same as you Gorax. No doubt , even if it cost more. I love the look of the Lord top and bottom and I like the brass accent.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
But I might buy both the Lord top and bottom along with the new topcap. I like to be able to change the look a little every now and then and I would just like to own it as I think the Gus stuff is special and collectable to.

You can always purchase the new switch and top cap additionally. They'd be available during our orders.

icucme2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
i like that idea.. purchasing the new top cap and switch when we order. we can keep the look we all want plus be able to swap for new look..

edit: looking back at the original idea, those brass accents really put the Kiss-QE over the top, love the look...

if anything i might just order the slimmer switch extra, but i like the brass in the top cap..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread