Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Does anybody have the Shenray and SXK versions, to compare?

I have the fast tech SXK and it compares very well to my authentics. I also picked up a 24mm version from 3Fvape. Not sure who makes it but it's definitely different from the SXK. The 510 pin is dangerously low - almost flush - so I would never consider using it as a dripper on a direct-to-battery mod like a SMPL or Able. I ended up putting a tiny o-ring on the pin so it would extend out a bit, even though I will only be using it to squonk. And the screws used to secure the wire plates are tiny philips-head screws. Pretty sure I'm going to strip out the heads quickly. As far as the fit and finish - they both look good.

It's this one:

Hadaly Style Silver 24mm RDA Rebuildable Atomizer w/ Bottom Feeder Pin

Reactions: puffon

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The 510 pin is dangerously low - almost flush
So you call this "almost flush"? Thats got to be every bit of 3mm above the deck... There is no way possible for this deck to drain completely. This is nothing more than a dripper with a BF pin added for squonking as an afterthought!!
hadaly-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-bottom-feeder-pin-black-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
So you call this "almost flush"? Thats got to be every bit of 3mm above the deck... There is no way possible for this deck to drain completely. This is nothing more than a dripper with a BF pin added for squonking as an afterthought!!
hadaly-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-bottom-feeder-pin-black-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg
that's not the end they're talking about
hadaly-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-bottom-feeder-pin-silver-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg

this IS almost flush... i wouldn't be able to use that on my dripbox as is.

Sickbabies

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2016
New York
SXK Hadaly arrived yesterday and was immediately cleaned and built. Build quality is typical SXK (WONDERFUL) but the air holes on my positive block are drilled a bit lower and askew than the rest of the holes. This doesn't really seem to affect performance much, but I'll probably pick up another.

I really like how smooth the airflow is. And with a chunky machi ring that comes right up to the airholes it looks very sleek and high-end.

P.S. Owners of authentic Hadaly's: Think the accessory caps might fit the SXK?

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
P.S. Owners of authentic Hadaly's: Think the accessory caps might fit the SXK?
I was hoping to answer this long ago but it took a month and a half to get my SXK Hadalys from FT. (I bought the authentic Hadaly in November along with a black and clear one-piece caps.)

The authentic caps work perfectly with the SXK. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the one-piece caps. For me, they put my mouth a little too close to the coil. Oh well. :)

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
I was hoping to answer this long ago but it took a month and a half to get my SXK Hadalys from FT. (I bought the authentic Hadaly in November along with a black and clear one-piece caps.)

The authentic caps work perfectly with the SXK. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the one-piece caps. For me, they put my mouth a little too close to the coil. Oh well. :)

Thanks mate... I just ordered the stubby tip in black for my sxk hadaly ;)

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Finally received the FT SXK Hadaly to compare to the Shenray Hadaly
    $14.90 SXK Hadaly Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

ShenRay Hadaly 316SS Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer with Bottom Feeding Pin - Silver

Both very good machining.
    SXK has plated brass squonk pin, and post screws, ShenRay has SS...same good size squonk hole
    The SXK post mounting plates are ground at more of an angle, giving less room to clamp claptons.
    Single wires would be fine or flip the plates for claptons.
    The air holes on the SXK cap are smaller than the ShenRay, the base airholes are the same for both.
    Not sure why SXK didn't match the base size air holes.
    My preference is the ShenRay, mostly because of the looser airflow.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Finally received the FT SXK Hadaly to compare to the Shenray Hadaly
    $14.90 SXK Hadaly Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

ShenRay Hadaly 316SS Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer with Bottom Feeding Pin - Silver

Both very good machining.
    SXK has plated brass squonk pin, and post screws, ShenRay has SS...same good size squonk hole
    The SXK post mounting plates are ground at more of an angle, giving less room to clamp claptons.
    Single wires would be fine or flip the plates for claptons.
    The air holes on the SXK cap are smaller than the ShenRay, the base airholes are the same for both.
    Not sure why SXK didn't match the base size air holes.
    My preference is the ShenRay, mostly because of the looser airflow.

Nice Side-by-Side breakdown puffon.

:thumb:

Reactions: puffon

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Am I the only one where the cap doesn't sit flush with the deck? The cap just won't rest at the deck. Maybe the o-rings cause this. After a few seconds the cap gets pushed up even more. Hereby the airflow holes from the base and the cap don't even align.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk
    Did you soak or wash the atty prior to using it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread