The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Half Chrome China GG

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by urby2112, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. urby2112

urby2112 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2013
    Surprise, AZ
    Just thought I'd post some pics so everyone could see. Nice stealthy little mod in 18350 config. Can't beat $32. Shown in 18350 and 18650 w/ a Stardust. Very light. Gold tube has the weight of plastic (no lie). Just check your button and make sure everything is tight. I launched the button and spring on day 2 :ohmy: but was luckily at home. Reassembled and all is good now!;)

Half Chrome China GG 001.jpg Half Chrome China GG 005.jpg Half Chrome China GG 006.jpg

2. darkhood

darkhood Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2012
    PA
    I like that a lot where'd u get it? altho the ce4 looks a lil strange on there lol. sry just used to seeing this kinda stuff w/ like a genesis atty or somethin on there... :D

3. urby2112

Jan 28, 2013
    Surprise, AZ
  4. itsonlysmellz

itsonlysmellz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    La Jolla, CA
    Looks great for the price! Hows the threading for the battery cap and for the 510 connector? My pet peeve is when the threading is rough or when the 510 connector is crooked. Otherwise, this might be my next Mech. Mod!

5. darkhood

Dec 22, 2012
    PA
    Looks very nice...woulda got one if I hadn't just bought this -

Attached Files:

6. darkhood

Dec 22, 2012
    PA
    Is it fully mechanical btw?

7. urby2112

Jan 28, 2013
    Surprise, AZ
    Threading is not bad. It's not stainless but seems smooth and all components thread easily. When I first assembled I couldn't get the 510 connection in but a couple turns. The center post is spring loaded so the trick is to put your device on then snug the battery tubes. Mine is level and not crooked. It is all mechanical. Didn't expect a whole lot for the price of a couple Novas but actually not bad. Makes a nice work or car device you won't worry about losing or dropping! Good run time using 18350 1200mah and 1.8 ohm clearos.

8. cheifdiamondnipples

cheifdiamondnipples Full Member Verified Member

Mar 13, 2013
    CA
    hey urby? you mind pming where i can get that too? :)

9. itsonlysmellz

itsonlysmellz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    La Jolla, CA
    hmm... imma have to pick this up.

10. cloudbringer

cloudbringer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2013
    Istanbul
    who manufactures these. gonna be in Hong Kong/Shenzhen/GuangZhou next week, would like to pick up a couple for myself.

11. cloudbringer

cloudbringer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2013
    Istanbul
  12. justinred

justinred Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    PH
    Surely you won't find one in HongKong, ecigs are illegal there. Go figure.

13. darkhood

Dec 22, 2012
    PA
    nvm....not allowed apparently hence the pm's...

14. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Several US Suppliers

One that is at odds with the forums

Kamry makes the Chi-Chi

15. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Its actually a KTS telescopic storm.... I checked one out yesterday at Electronic Cigarettes Chicago | E Cigarettes | E Cigs | Smokeless Cigarettes | eCigarette Minooka, IL.... It is a sleek little mod, but the threads weren't even in the same ballpark as my Natural. The Natural threads are buttery smooth. I am sure with some use they might get better. Overall feel of the mod was good though. It is smaller in 18350 mode than the Natural.... I would've bought it if it wasn't in a kit. I might pick one up from Hoosier before they are gone, but they only have the single tone in stock....

16. urby2112

Jan 28, 2013
    Surprise, AZ
    Yeah they went fast the first time I saw them. Actually got a Natural on the way as part of a combo deal but not here yet. I'm sure it is heavier because it is stainless and threads a little better because it's machined from solid stock. I believe the GG is plated brass so the threads on every dip/batch are probably a little different. Mine is real smooth with no burs/slag. I believe it will be a lot lighter than the Natural based on the material. Let you know when my Natural gets here.

17. Fullknight

Fullknight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I've got one of the half chrome Kamrys. I like mine a lot. It seems a little heavier than my Natural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. GFred611

GFred611 Full Member

Dec 21, 2011
    NoVa-DC-Md
    Just got mine, but noticing the fire button keeps getting really hot, no matter what topper I've used.

19. Fullknight

Fullknight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I run 2 of them with 18500+Kick. I have another one with straight 18650+ Holocron shortstop. I haven't noticed any hot buttons. Not sure what would cause heating,if you don't have a short,and it does it with all attys,cartos,etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    What batteries are you using in it? It might also help to know what the set-ups are. Are they SLR or just regular resistance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.