Half Chrome China GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Just thought I'd post some pics so everyone could see. Nice stealthy little mod in 18350 config. Can't beat $32. Shown in 18350 and 18650 w/ a Stardust. Very light. Gold tube has the weight of plastic (no lie). Just check your button and make sure everything is tight. I launched the button and spring on day 2 :ohmy: but was luckily at home. Reassembled and all is good now!;)

Half Chrome China GG 001.jpg Half Chrome China GG 005.jpg Half Chrome China GG 006.jpg

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Threading is not bad. It's not stainless but seems smooth and all components thread easily. When I first assembled I couldn't get the 510 connection in but a couple turns. The center post is spring loaded so the trick is to put your device on then snug the battery tubes. Mine is level and not crooked. It is all mechanical. Didn't expect a whole lot for the price of a couple Novas but actually not bad. Makes a nice work or car device you won't worry about losing or dropping! Good run time using 18350 1200mah and 1.8 ohm clearos.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Its actually a KTS telescopic storm.... I checked one out yesterday at Electronic Cigarettes Chicago | E Cigarettes | E Cigs | Smokeless Cigarettes | eCigarette Minooka, IL.... It is a sleek little mod, but the threads weren't even in the same ballpark as my Natural. The Natural threads are buttery smooth. I am sure with some use they might get better. Overall feel of the mod was good though. It is smaller in 18350 mode than the Natural.... I would've bought it if it wasn't in a kit. I might pick one up from Hoosier before they are gone, but they only have the single tone in stock....

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Yeah they went fast the first time I saw them. Actually got a Natural on the way as part of a combo deal but not here yet. I'm sure it is heavier because it is stainless and threads a little better because it's machined from solid stock. I believe the GG is plated brass so the threads on every dip/batch are probably a little different. Mine is real smooth with no burs/slag. I believe it will be a lot lighter than the Natural based on the material. Let you know when my Natural gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread