Hallo: Tech Nerd & Advanced TC Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I’m Ulka. I’ve been vaping since stick mech mods were a thing. I’m a long time senior tech at a large telecom lab where I do data and RF troubleshooting and engineering work.

I’m an avid TC mode vaper with a few nice TC mods like the new Polar, VBoy, and Aegis mods. I’ve got a lot of experience with using TC mode and building tanks for it with various wire for a couple of years. I know how to make it perfect and trouble free. I’m always glad to help with that.

Being German I have a thing for efficiency and minimalism so it you want precise performance and flavor, then I can help. Not so much on the cloud chasing though.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Hello @UlkaHuren and welcome to ECF! I admire people who build their own coils etc. One day I hope to give it a try. The most 'advanced' thing I do vape wise is make my own eliquid!

Thanks. Making juice is pretty advanced. I know how, but never got the stuff to do it. I’m already involved in helping some with tech issues here. lol Working in electronics I’m really good with the stuff. Glad to meet you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hello and welcome to ECF. I knew you were German the minute you started talking about perfect and trouble free things. LOL I don't dispute any of your claims, and efficiency is fantastic and all....

I just think LOL, the perfect is the enemy of the "great" or even the "good" and there's a time and place for all things and etc., and I do not begrudge my partly of German Origin his obsessive at times pursuit of "Whatever worthy goal" but I'm like your exact opposite. I would ask you to trouble shoot some of my "problems" but I can pretty much guarantee that I don't know what many of them ARE.

Still welcome aboard and happy fixing. LOL

Anna

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Hello and welcome to ECF. I knew you were German the minute you started talking about perfect and trouble free things. LOL I don't dispute any of your claims, and efficiency is fantastic and all....

I just think LOL, the perfect is the enemy of the "great" or even the "good" and there's a time and place for all things and etc., and I do not begrudge my partly of German Origin his obsessive at times pursuit of "Whatever worthy goal" but I'm like your exact opposite. I would ask you to trouble shoot some of my "problems" but I can pretty much guarantee that I don't know what many of them ARE.

Still welcome aboard and happy fixing. LOL

Anna

Well part of my view of perfection and efficiency incorporates being above the bland. I do have a brash streak.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

BTW - There is Nothing really hard about making your own e-Liquids.

And I like to say if you can Mix a decent Rum n' Coke and or Follow the Instruction for making a Spaghetti Sauce, then you shouldn't have too many problems getting a Handful of e-Liquids going that you like.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
BTW - There is Nothing really hard about making your own e-Liquids.

And I like to say if you can Mix a decent Rum n' Coke and or Follow the Instruction for making a Spaghetti Sauce, then you shouldn't have too many problems getting a Handful of e-Liquids going that you like.

One day I may try it. I do mix a fab classic Absinthe though BTW. Burning sugar cubes are cool. lol

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well part of view of perfection and efficiency incorporates being above the bland. I do have a brash steak.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to ECF. I don't think we've truly "met" yet. LOLOLOL.

Thank you for being uh, "spicy" although I'm sorry other than my husband (ooh and Untar, LOL) I have yet to meet a spicy German, although give it your ALL your very BEST shot at perfectly spicy.

There's ah, bland. There is also, ah, boasting.

There is also this perfectly foreign I'm sure thing called sarcasm, and I'm here to tell you it's really desperately hard to spot at times.

Welcome aboard, Perfectly Spicy. :D '

P.S. You will be "P.S." to me from now on and until eternity.

PPS. I'm kidding.

PPPS. Although not about the "P.S." I am DEADLY serious on that one.

Anna

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Welcome Ulka! I would ask for your help but I'm beginning to think making my own coils is above my manual level (not intelligence because I'm smart, just not coordinated) For now I'll stick with drop in and pre-made coils and maybe in a few years I'll try making my own coils again.
In the meantime welcome to ecf I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Welcome Ulka! I would ask for your help but I'm beginning to think making my own coils is above my manual level (not intelligence because I'm smart, just not coordinated) For now I'll stick with drop in and pre-made coils and maybe in a few years I'll try making my own coils again.
In the meantime welcome to ecf I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

Danke. :)

Yeah depending on the atomizer the space can be kinda cramped to work in. For a beginner to make it easy, use a single wire wrapped on a 2mm rod or screwdriver and then pull it off and chop between the turns with an exacto knife on one side and then the other to pry and space open the turns, then mount it into the atomizer. With spaces you don't have to worry about fussing over shorts at all. Use the rod or screwdriver to pull it into position. Then using a length of cotton lightly roll between the fingers that's a tad larger than the coil to wick it with. Poof out the ends so it fills the juice holes. It should work satisfactorily unless the tank is a particularly finicky one to wick.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread