Halo G6 or Joye eRoll? Apples and Oranges, I know but I must make a decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkles123

Jan 24, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Brand New to vaping, quit analogs one week ago today (Yay!) I've only purchased diposables and used friend's ginormous mods. I've spent the last 2 weeks doing an insane amount of research before I commit to a kit. I believe I've narrowed it down to a Halo G6 and a Joye eRoll. Now, I know, they are completely different and I understand the pros and cons of each but I still can't decide which direction I'd like to go. My budget is limited and I'd like to try to avoid the mistake of purchasing the "wrong" one. I can't really afford buyers remorse. I'd like to stick with my initial purchase and commit to it for at least 6 months if not longer.

I plan on moderate to heavy on-the-go vaping so I know an e-cig type is what I need, at least right now.

Here are my concerns-

If I purchase the G6, will I find that I've "outgrown" it quickly?
If I purchase the eRoll, will I be overwhelmed by parts and maintenance?

Over the long run, will the eRoll become more expensive to use because of all of the replaceable parts as opposed to the G6 which only requires replacement carts as opposed to attys, cones, tanks, etc. or does it pretty much equal out in the end?

I like the idea of the eRoll because I like the case and the look of it and the tons and tons of good reviews about how it really is cigarette like so I just need to know if this is really me getting in over my head?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
If you're planning on moderate to heavy use, you're going to need a PCC (advantage eRoll) or multiple batteries. The bigger concerns between these 2 devices are the battery life (advantage G6), chargings times (+1 eRoll) and maintenance.

I'm not sure of the atomizer cones for the eRoll. I think they are similar to standard eGo cones, which means they only need to be replaced when damaged if looks matter to you. In general atomizers and cartomizers can be expected to last anywhere from 1 week to 1 month, depending on maintenance, thickness of juice and how much juice gets used.

if i might ask, what is it you don't like about the mid-szied eGo batteries? Size? having to push a button? I ask because a larger capacity battery will last far longer than any stick-style in terms of daily use and how many days it can be expected to last, and can be had far cheaper especially if you're on a budget.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
It does make sense.

I will say that a 650 mAh Echo or eGo battery with a cartomizer is about the same size as a small cigar.

However, there are many people who prefer the smaller batteries and happily use them exclusively.

I would put my money on the G6, but that's only because I prefer 808's. Also keep in mind the eRoll is a proprietary size and thread, so you're stuck with only using the atomizers and tanks. With the G6 you have more cartomizer and clearomizer options outside of Halo.

Good luck!

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Brand New to vaping, quit analogs one week ago today (Yay!) I've only purchased diposables and used friend's ginormous mods. I've spent the last 2 weeks doing an insane amount of research before I commit to a kit. I believe I've narrowed it down to a Halo G6 and a Joye eRoll. Now, I know, they are completely different and I understand the pros and cons of each but I still can't decide which direction I'd like to go. My budget is limited and I'd like to try to avoid the mistake of purchasing the "wrong" one. I can't really afford buyers remorse. I'd like to stick with my initial purchase and commit to it for at least 6 months if not longer.

I plan on moderate to heavy on-the-go vaping so I know an e-cig type is what I need, at least right now.

Here are my concerns-

Over the long run, will the eRoll become more expensive to use because of all of the replaceable parts as opposed to the G6 which only requires replacement carts as opposed to attys, cones, tanks, etc. or does it pretty much equal out in the end?

I like the idea of the eRoll because I like the case and the look of it and the tons and tons of good reviews about how it really is cigarette like so I just need to know if this is really me getting in over my head?

I got a Halo G6 first and then I got an Eroll. The Eroll is more like a cigarette and I like being able to see when the juice is getting low. I've been using the same atty for two weeks now, I've taken it apart and cleaned it once. It's still working like new. I'm still using the tank that came with it and the replacement tanks are less than $3.00 for a package of five from Litecigusa.com. In the long run I believe the replacement parts are cheaper than buying cartomizers. If I could only have one and had to choose between them, I'd keep the Eroll. It's actually my favorite. I would suggest getting a needle tip bottle, or a blunt tip syringe for easy filling. Some folks say you don't need one, but I make less of a mess using them. Whatever you decide on, I hope you'll be happy with it. :)
Cindy

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Welcome to ECF and congratulations on your decision to give vaping a try. I wish you much success on your vaping journey.

I bought my eRoll for out and about but find myself using it with increasing frequency at home in favor of my Twists and VAMO mods. The size and weight is great when I'm flitting around the house and the eRoll has become my fave for just sitting down to relax, vape and pull my thoughts together.

It's certainly not true for everyone but I have found that I find a great deal of psychological comfort using a cig-alike form factor. However, my 808 batteries similar to the Halos you are considering always made me feel like I was sacrificing vape quality for size. My eRoll never makes me feel the least bit deprived.

I take three or four vapes and pop my eRoll battery back in its PCC case. Used that way the battery always delivers an excellent vape. I never miss my VAMOs and Twists when I'm out and about and paired with an Innokin U-Can the eRoll has been good to go for me for an entire day of out and about.

The rule of thumb for battery use is one hour of average vaping per 100 mAh. The eRoll 1,000 mAh PCC means it would last for about ten hours of average vaping. Being able to pop the little 90 mAh battery fully assembled back in the PCC case after each use eliminates the cig-alike battery charging hades problem.

The eRoll is extremely easy to use and maintain but you do need to use a blunt needle syringe or needle-tipped bottle cap to fill the small cartridge tank. I'm still on my first atty after a month of use but I don't use juices that tend to quickly gunk up atties. If you use those type of juices you are going to need to clean or replace atties more frequently but that would be true of any juice delivery device.

I would not at all recommend the Halo G6 over the eRoll. The vape quality will drop as you use the batteries and you won't get a full day's use out of them without charging. Unlike the eRoll the batteries must be separated from the cartomizer to be be charged. For me, it was enough already with battery charging and weak vapes with that type of system in about a week.

These video reviews will give you an idea of how the eRoll works in practice.
eMini E-Cigarette Review (aka eRoll)
Joyetech eRoll Review. This little eCig is AWESOME!
Joyetech eRoll vapour electronic cigarette

If you have more detailed questions you would like to ask about the eRoll you might want to ask on the JOYETECH ERoll thread—tons of general vaping and eRoll expertise there. You need five posts and wait for the server to reset (once an hour) before you can post outside of the New Members section. If you reply here or greet other newcomers you can get your five posts very quickly.

You may decide that you eventually want to get something with more power and juice capacity to use at home. However, with the eRoll it is very unlikely that you will feel pressured to order something else because you aren't having a satisfying vaping experience.

Exhale Vapors, a fairly new ECF supplier, has an excellent price on the eRoll. Use the 40PercentOffECF coupon code they have posted on their front page. The shopping cart may show the full price at some point after you have applied the coupon code unless they've changed their site since I ordered from them but the 40% off amount is what you will get charged.
Joyetech eRoll Starter Kit
Their atties are also reasonable with the 40% off.
Joyetech Atomizer Head for eRoll & eCab & eGo C

Exhale seems to be out of extra batteries if you want a third and they have seemingly mistakenly priced their atty cones at what they are charging for replacement atties.

For those items an extra cartridge tanks try Good Prophets. The starter kit comes with an extra battery but no atty cover for it so you need an extra atty cover if you want to carry an extra battery with you loaded with another flavor or if you chain vape and want to alternate putting batteries in the eRoll PCC.
Joye Tech eRoll Spare Cartridges
Joye Tech eRoll Spare Battery
Joye Tech eRoll Spare Atomizer Cover

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States

Here are my concerns-

I bought the eRoll about a week ago because places I frequent would not be friendly to larger units. So far loving the eRoll its straight forward easy to use & I like that it feels like a cigarette in my hand.

If you do go with an eRoll buy an extra cone with the starter kit so that you have 2!

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I got a Halo G6 first and then I got an Eroll. The Eroll is more like a cigarette and I like being able to see when the juice is getting low. I've been using the same atty for two weeks now, I've taken it apart and cleaned it once. It's still working like new. I'm still using the tank that came with it and the replacement tanks are less than $3.00 for a package of five from Litecigusa.com. In the long run I believe the replacement parts are cheaper than buying cartomizers. If I could only have one and had to choose between them, I'd keep the Eroll. It's actually my favorite. I would suggest getting a needle tip bottle, or a blunt tip syringe for easy filling. Some folks say you don't need one, but I make less of a mess using them. Whatever you decide on, I hope you'll be happy with it. :)
Cindy

Ucan's are great for filling the eRoll but I also bought a dozen blunt needle caps from Mt Baker (.69 cents & fit all the vendors I've bought from)

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Thanks so much for the replies and the input. I'm going with the eRoll. I've also been researching juices and I think I'm going to order from Alice in Vapeland. Wish me luck!

AiV makes very good juice but, like all of the better juice makers, does not ship right away because all orders are custom mixed. By all means, try some of AiV samples but you might want to order some pre-mixed samples from LJ's E-Smokes to hold you over until your AiV order arrives. The juice I've gotten from LJ's has been artisan quality without the options for selecting your own PG/VG ratios and added flavor goodies. LJ's ships right away.

If LJ's doesn't have anything you like you might want to start another thread asking for people to suggest places to get top quality, pre-mixed juice. The other place I've gotten mine, Vapor Beast, is out of stock on all of their samples.

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
I started on the G6, its good for beginners. And they have served me well. Im now graduating to a Visions 1300 mah spinner for a better vaping experence. I thought I wouldnt like to hold a fat mod in my hand and need the analog thin type but its not so in my case now. Id rather have the better vaping experence and I want to get away from it looking like an analog, I want people to see it and be like hum what is that, what is she doing and ask questions.

Sparkles123

Jan 24, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
So I ordered my eRoll from Exhale Vapors, ordered some juice from AIV and also put in an order at Mt. Baker Vapor as I understand the ship quickly (within 24 hours?) and at least some flavors don't require much steeping. I'm hoping that by the time the eroll gets here, the MBV juices will have already arrived or at least close to it. Hopefully I ordered enough to get me started.

Standpoint

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
South St. Paul, MN
I have used Smokeless Image's 808's, which are basically identical to the G6, and also have owned an eRoll for about a month. The eRoll blows away my 808's for vapor production. However, I believe the eRoll would cost more over time in parts - the attys are proprietary and fairly expensive. Unsure about it's battery life span, as they are a pretty new product. I did have the PCC break on me, which sucked as it is the only way to charge the batteries. I did get it replaced under warranty, though.

The eRoll is more advanced than a simple 808 carto setup, but has definite advantages overall. Honestly, I would consider getting both kits, using the 808's as a backup. 808's are reliable, easy to fill the cartos, and one can get parts all over for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread