G6 batteries (2)
Blank Cartomizers (2)
Wall Charger (1)
Filled Cartomizers (5)
USB Adapter (1)
Cartomizer Case (1)
Storage Tin (1)
Instruction Manual (1)

The Halo G6 is a relatively newcomer to the e-cig market, released sometime in June 2011, and has already received glaring reviews and loyal followers. I have been a Halo customer for a couple of months for their pure, US-made juices. Never paid attention to hardware, i.e. batteries, cartomizers, etc as I must say I am (or was) very satisfied with what I had. Until the G6 …………….

A little background of myself
I picked up vaping beginning January 2011, was a ½ pad UltraLights smoker for who knows how long :p Anyways, I started vaping when I decided to buy the nJoy NPRO from 7-11 instead of my regular 2-packs. Did not look back after that. The nJoy gets a lot of bad rap but let me tell you, it got me started and kept me going for a good couple of weeks even through a 1-week vacation. Then I found ECF where I gathered tons of useful information on e-cigs. Then the fun begins ……..

• Joye 510
  • Joye 510-T
  • Joye Ego
  • Joye Ego-T
  • Riva 510
  • Notcigs Infinity
  • Apex Alpha Ultra
Above are what I’ve tried to date. Cartridges and lots of different cartomizers and tanks.

I discovered the wonderful world of Halo while researching for more juices. Read great reviews and decided to try the sampler pack. Was totally impressed with the packaging and the quality of the juices. They’re one of the purest, if not the purest, and cleanest juices I’ve tried to date. After some deliberation, I’ve decided that Tribeca, Malibu, Torque56, Freedom, Tiki and Prime15 be part of my daily rotation so ordered 30ml bottles.

Halo – The Company
I don’t know much about the company, when it formed, how it formed but this I can say. Halo is probably one of the best, if not the best, e-cig supplier one can ever deal with. They take pride in their products but most especially they have amazing, above-and-beyond customer service. JB, as most of us know him, responded to all my inquiries, whether pre-sale or post-sale without any hint of being rushed at all. Doesn’t matter which day of the week, he responds to emails in a relatively timely manner. I’m a firm believer that a product is only as good as the company that stands behind it. And Halo most certainly stands behind their products and provides excellent service to boot.

The G6 Kit
The kit comes with everything anyone can possibly need to get started. Two batteries, a pack of 5 pre-filled cartomizers, a USB charger, a wall adapter plus 2 blank cartomizers.

These get shipped in a very attractive tin can which I have never seen elsewhere. Everything neatly fitted within. The pre-filled cartomizers are housed within a sealed, very nice, and useful case that accommodates 5 cartomizers. I don’t know if it can get any better than this.

On top of that, the kit comes with a detailed instruction manual that would certainly help beginners and experienced users alike. It describes battery charging and filling of the cartomizers in good detail. If anyone gets lost even with these instructions, I don’t know what to say :?:

The Batteries
The G6 batteries (with the kit or purchased separately) can be had in either standard (78mm) or mini (65mm) rated at 280mAh or 200mAh respectively. But, don’t be fooled by the mAh rating. Halo prides itself of the Infiniglow Technology, which extends the battery life using a logic within its circuitry designed to preserve power. How that works, I have no idea but I certainly have first-hand experience that the claims are definitely true.

I’m not really a heavy vaper but during night and weekends, I tend to vape heavier than usual and at one point vaped heavily for 3.0-3.5hrs. That’s how long the battery lasted.

Being regulated, the voltage stays at pretty much the same voltage, delivering close to the same power during its charge lifecycle. Then once it’s ready to be recharged, it tells you exactly when as this is the point when vapor and throat hit diminishes, rapidly at that.

On a regular workday, from 4:30am till about midnight, I only use 2 batteries.

The batteries come in 5 different colors. I opted for the Midnight Blue. But the Demon Red looks really nice so that may be in a future order.

The batteries have a very nice, smooth, almost rubbery texture to it. The rubbery texture makes it somewhat slip-resistant which to me is a very nice touch.

Manual or Automatic

• I opted for one of each to test them out.
  • As everyone knows, the manual allows you to activate and turn off the battery as you please via a button
  • while the automatic activates by taking a drag off the G6
  • I did not notice any difference with respect to vapor production and throat hit between the 2 types

Cutoff

• The manual battery has a 5-second cutoff. Some may say this is not enough. Now if you’re one of those who takes mega lung-busting drags, all you need to do is release the button just before cut-off and activate once again. This resets the cut-off timer and you can do this cycle as many times as you please
  • The automatic battery however, has an 8-second cutoff. Eight seconds is more than enough for me to get that satisfying vapor and throat hit
Charging the batteries depends upon the state of the battery prior to charging. If fully depleted, i.e. LED already flashing when activating, it can take up to 3-3.5hrs. But I’ve seen charging finish anywhere between 2-3.5hrs depending on remaining battery charge prior to plugging it in.

So which one do I prefer? I like the Automatic 78mm batteries. Though the manual has its place in my bin, I would purchase Automatic batteries from now on. It’s more of the convenience of not having to press a button, especially while driving and activities where use of both hands are required. What about premature e………….. errrr firing. Never, ever had that problem. The automatic batteries do not have this problem which was very prevalent with early versions of other brands of automatic batteries.

The Cartomizers
The G6 cartomizers are the new generation, horizontal coil KR808 breed of cartomizers. The G6 versions boasts of Thermoflow and Flameguard Technologies. I don’t know much about what these technologies are about but this I know, I haven’t had a burnt taste from the cartomizer. The burnt taste is what turned me off from the early generation, vertical coil cartomizers. Now I don’t know if one can eventually force the G6 cartomizer to give that burnt taste by continually taking a drag even though flavor and vapor has dropped off. I for one would not attempt to at this point. Maybe once I have a carto that is at the end of its life, I just may.

The vapor and throat hit are very good with these cartomizers considering its size.

As for flavor …….. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve tried Halo juice before the G6 was released but I was surprised that the Halo juices taste much better on these cartos. The flavors pop out more than other delivery methods I’ve used before.

Oh, these can be had either pre-filled or empty. Either way, they arrive in packs of 5 conveniently housed in a plastic container which comes in handy when on-the-go.

Refilling/Topping-off? It's very easy. Pop the top and drip enough liquid until the filler is saturated and liquid starts pooling on top.

How long do these cartomizers last? At this point, I don't think I can definitively say how long they last. Though from experience with other products, none of them are the same. Atomizers or Cartomizers from the same batch can have different lifespans. But, two of the G6 Cartomizers I am using currently have been in service for almost 2 weeks now, topped off everyday.

My final take
After nine months of vaping, I never thought of going back to cigarette-sized e-cigs, let alone favoring automatics over manuals. My initial reservations include battery life, accidental activation, and cart/carto capacity.

But having tried a few options out in the market these days, I finally end up with the Halo G6 and am happily vaping with it. A no-fuzz, no-mess setup. It’s small but doesn’t give up much in terms of battery capacity. The cartomizers give out excellent vapor, throat hit and flavor. The Halo juices are very pure and have very clean taste and are US-made.

On top of that, a company that has excellent customer service, pre- or post-sale.

I want to add as well, that the Halo G6 is my one and only e-cig right now. And everyone who sees me use it, at work or elsewhere, inquires what it is and where to get it, to which I reply by quickly handing out Halo's business cards to them.

What more can you ask for? Head on over to HaloCigs.com

Last edited:

RudestBuddhist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Rochester, NY
Awesome review! I bought a Smoov, which is essentially very similar to the Halo G6 and i'm extremely happy with it. I've gone through so many styles of ecigs and haven't had something that has worked as well as these new KR808Ds. I may order a Halo kit as well to have some extra batteries. I don't see why they wouldn't be interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread