Status
Not open for further replies.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
g6g6g6.jpg halog62.jpg halonotes.jpg HALO G6 BASIC STARTER KIT REVIEW

Halo offered to send me some juice. I said yes. Then they turned around and said you want to try a G6. I said yes lol. The lime green one lol Thank you Halo that is awesome of you! Very generous!
IT WAS FREE. DON'T HATE!!!!! LOL

The Halo G6 is an 808 threaded mini/slim ecig. It is similar in size and shape to a regular cigarette but slightly larger. I don't have any for a comparison pic sorry, I quit long ago.

The G6 comes in many awesome colors which is cool vs. the standard white or black many vendors sell.

PRESENTATION & CONTENTS

Shipping was fast, just a couple days. It was shipped in a nice circular tin (inside shipping box of course) containing a USB detatchable/wall charger beneath a foam insert containing 5 flavored cartomizers-mine are Tribeca. Two blank cartomizers, two batteries and for the new user a detailed, well written instruction manual (thank goodness! How many times have we got kits/gear with nothing and had to figure it out!)

MISC. DETAILS

Price: $54.99
Discount code: ecften for 10% off bottled juice purchases over $25. Free priority shipping over $75.

Battery: mine came with 1 auto and 1 manual but you have your choice when ordering.

Battery capacity:200-280mah depending on your choice of size.
The longer non mini size being the 280mah. (Mah=milliamp hours A unit for measuring electric power over time). Supposedly for every 100mah you get 1 hour of continuous use. That has not ever been my experience- its usually much less. I chain vape though lol

Voltage: 3.3-4.2

Led color: blue

Flavors: you can choose one of 5 flavors for your pre filled cartomizers, or get them empty/blank.

CARTOMIZERS ARE 808 THREADING. 510 etc. WILL NOT WORK

etc. etc. For every little detail you could possibly imagine go here:

G6 Basic Starter Kit - G6 E-Cig

EASE OF USE
Very easy to use for a beginner (or anyone else). It doesn't get any easier in fact. Well, a disposable perhaps.

It's a two piece unit. Battery and cartomizer.

1.Charge it.

2.Screw battery and pre-filled cartomizer on it.

3.Inhale. (With the manual battery you must push button, inhale, release button). There is 5 second cut off.

4.Exhale.....ahhhhh welcome to vaping.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE G6 YMMV
The test

I sat down with nothing to do purposely, and started an accelerated vaping test. Not scientifically accurate mind you, but REAL so YOU the potential buyer will know what to expect if you purchased this.

I sat down watched some cartoons and wanted to see how many puffs a carto would last, and also what the battery life was like. I had to stop midway because I was getting nic'd out but then continued after a brief break. Started again and two mins later the carto was dead lol. Stopped, refilled the carto with eliquid (the supplied Tribeca) got some more coffee and then continued with test.

RESULTS:
Continuous Battery Vape time roughly (Auto):
start time-7:43am
took break- 8:21 am
restarted- 8:40 am
stopped-8:42 am (carto depleted)
restarted-9:05 am
end- 9:34 am
Total: 1 hour/ about 67 minutes

Total puffs on one battery: 169 +or- a few for human error and slight inconsistentcy on inhale. The manual says about 250 puffs. Uh, no.

Total single pre-filled cartomizer puffs :
111 the last two tasting burnt, then I stopped.

What that means:
I believe these are the longer batteries-280 mah so these results are the best you can expect.

If you figure a cigarette as 10-12 drags one prefilled carto is equivalent to 9-11 cigarettes.

If you figure time like a smoke break of ten minutes at work you will get about 6-8 cigarettes worth on a single battery. Then you must charge it, and use the 2nd battery.

With 5 pre filled cartos coming with the kit you can expect approximately 45-55 cigarettes out of the kit to start with-in theory, if you puffed on this as you do a cigarette. If you chain vape like me, your prefilled cartos will be dead in no time lol

So be sure to order eliquid and/or extra pre-filled/blank cartos (cartomizers) if u order this if you are planning on sticking with it awhile. A carto can be refilled many times so buying some additional juice will make your kit last much much longer. I highly suggest if you purchase this you at least buy additional eliquid. There are instructions on how to refill in the manual. This would work great for a light/medium smoker.

If you are thinking about getting this to see if an ecig will work for you, and you aren't gung ho about it yet, the cartos would last long enough to see if this is a viable alternative to smoking for you for about 2 days maybe 3-4 if you are a light smoker, I'm sure you won't be counting puffs lol

PERFORMANCE

Surprisingly good vapor production for a little thing.

The draw is a little stiff and airy, but covering the battery/carto connection helped slightly.

I shook it, and slapped it against my leg pretty hard to see if it was sensitive but no its not, the light never came on.

Longevity? I don't know. It's sturdy, if you drop it like I did its fine lol Will I use this? No, I like it but I have a lot of pv/apvs but I am going to give it to a lady at work. She is one of those on the fence people and has tried quitting smoking many times. She has already told me she doesn't want a giant device like me. This should help end her struggle. Maybe I should have got pink but, there's no way I would have walked around with that thing lol

CONCLUSION
Performed very well. I am very impressed by this little device. It is fantastic for what it is. A much better beginner ecig than I had. I don't think this would disappoint someone trying an ecig first time AT ALL. Even a veteran who wanted a small device would be happy with its performance to sneak drags at work or whatever.

I kept expecting (and half hoping cuz I'm Nic'd out lol) the battery to die but it just kept going......

WHAT I DON'T LIKE

1. Nowhere are you told which type cartos to re/order in the kit, or battery capacity-except on the site. Of course they want you to buy theirs but still.

2.The battery must First charge 8 hours. Then user uses it 20 mins then recharge it for an hour. First time use only but kinda sucky for the anxious first time user, especially when first attempting to quit smoking!

3.After the initial use and your battery dies, it requires two hours to charge. Not unusual for a small battery, but these kind of kits really need to include a THIRD battery. One you are using, one on the charger, and one for reserve if/when your battery dies. Or else....eeeek you have to wait. You just have to keep up on yer game son.

4. It's kind of stupid to send 2 blank cartos in a starter kit with no liquid. (Perhaps Halo does send some if you order it. I dunno.I got mine free, and eliquid is not mentioned as being included with the starter kit on the site so I think it's fair to mention). If you don't HALO, you really should throw in a 7-15ml so they could at least get a week out of it.

5. When plugged in to the wall the battery just sticks out to the side instead of having some kind of a wire. That also means it sticks straight out from the computer. Either way may be inconvenient.

6. It's 808 threading, not 510 making cartos slightly harder to come by. Of course you can always get them from Halo.

7. No case/pouch, unless you want to lug the tin around. Definitely won't fit in your pocket though lol

None of which are a huge deal.

8. As expected battery life sucks. That's what you get with tiny batteries. Heavier smokers/vapers would have to move on to a bigger battery pv quickly or else be constantly charging 4 or 5 batteries a day.

MY HONEST FEELINGS ABOUT THE G6

For the first time buyer:

I would NOT recommend any small size battery ecig to anyone new or veteran, man or woman, ogre or dog, UNLESS YOU ARE HELL BENT ON BUYING SOMETHING RESEMBLING A CIGARETTE. The only other time would be as a gift for someone who is interested in ecigs, but wants a cigarette looking device and is too cheap to buy one, for themselves.

My Electric Lime color of course does not resemble a cig lol Neither does the blue l.e.d.- but that let's others know you aren't smoking. Looks purdy though.

If that is the case for you and you want a cig look alike this is great. Get it. It has all the stuff to get started but you need to buy some eliquid to refill the carto or your kit will be dead in a couple days.

I myself quit smoking off of something similar and soon moved up to bigger battery ecigs/pvs-personal vaporizers which you probably will too. Thats going to cost you again though. This is a stepping stone if you will. This is much better than my first two ecigs - one from deal extreme lol and Volcano's mini with pcc.

Be aware there are kits equally priced which will offer you bigger batteries, and passthroughs (which allow you to use it plugged in) Do lots of research on ECF and YouTube to see what will work best for you.

I am not knocking this at all this is great to start with and will most likely work for you new guy/gal unless you are a heavy smoker. If you are, put the pride to the side and start with something bigger-you will thank me later.

It's intention is a starter kit-an alternative to smoking and it's a very nice kit. Just know that you will have to charge your batteries all the time, so you should probably buy one or two extra and MUST order cartomizers and eliquid well before you are close to running out. It is a continuous purchase- same as buying cigarettes and lighters (and air freshener lol), only not as readily available. If you forget to charge or bring it to work don't go back to smoking! Pick up a disposable at 7-11 to hold you over. Hi five new guy/gal and Congrats!

A 5 pack of empty cartomizers from Halo are $8.99, pre filled cartos are $9.99.

ELiquid from Halo is $5.99 for 7mls, $19.99 for 30mls. One of the cool things about the cartos they carry- you can get colored blank/emptys to match your battery. There are many vendors who sell eliquid and cartos so don't be afraid to shop around.

For the ECF veterans:
Cmon.....really? Get outta here! Actually it's not bad at all but we know about small batteries.....

Halo has lots to offer, check them out!

Halo Electronic Cigarette

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I had no issues with it over the past couple of days so I gave this to the lady at my work today who was happy to try it out for the next couple of days. I gave her some juice and showed her how to use it.

Lets hope she digs it.

That is so cool that you gave it to someone who could really use it. (Wish someone had done that for me.) I was introduced to ecigs at an auto repair shop (getting my air con fixed). A guy waiting to pick up his car had what looked like an ego e-tank and when he took a very slight puff off it the vapor was quite visible. I thought, dang... I want one! I had read a Sci-Fi novel maybe 20 years ago that had space travelers vaping. Always dreamed about about that happening in my lifetime. I'm going on 54 and been smokin' analogs since I was 14 - don't know how many times I've tried to quit. Ended up just telling everyone I quit... every night when I go to bed! lol And now that dream seems to be coming true. Hallelujah!

I was kind of wary about where the guy had gotten his - he told me he had gotten it from the black market downtown. The BM in Bangkok is notorious for selling cheap copies of everything - and I MEAN everything you can think of! So, I figured I'd try to find one on the internet. But the site I found selling eGo's didn't ship to Thailand (mainly because of the nicotine e-juice, I believe). It's still under investigation, or whatever.... Trying to figure out how they can make a $$$ out of it, no doubt. Just two days ago they increased the tax on booze and analogs 6-9%. "Ya'll want to drink and smoke yerselves to death, you'll have to pay fer it."

Anyways, good on you, ogredog, for thinking of those in need....

Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread