Halo Triton Starter Pack: Why 2 sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife are thinking about getting the Halo Triton Starter pack, and given that it has 2 batteries + 2 tanks, is it enough for us to get 1 set only?

In other words, why does starter pack have 2 sets of batteries + tank? Is this for 2 people or does it wear out after some time?

Thanks.

I suppose that if you only vape lightly, you could make do with only one battery; the charge lasts a fairly long time. By all means, share your kit with your wife and see how both of you like it.

But generally you want at least two batteries for each person, because you don't want to get stuck without anything to vape while one battery is charging (or if one breaks). Two tanks is advisable too, if only because you might want to have more than one flavor available at any given time. Once you've committed to vaping, you're probably going to want even more redundancy than a single starter kit offers.

The batteries start to wear out after 300 full charge cycles. So for most people, each battery should last at least a year.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
As Fulgurant stated, two batteries is just because they don't last forever on a single charge, you may burn through one battery during the day if you vape heavily, and then you'd switch to the second while the other charged. I don't recall the capacity of those Halo batteries, but I got four days of light use out of a 1000mAh Ego Twist just a week ago..however, that was because I only vaped during a walk to and from dinner with my partner for those days. Normally, getting my usual level of use, that same 1000mAh battery will be dead to rights within 16hrs or less, which is why I have a pair of 900mAh Spinners here, to switch between in case I either forget to charge, or just run out of battery at a bad moment.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
As Fulgurant stated, two batteries is just because they don't last forever on a single charge, you may burn through one battery during the day if you vape heavily, and then you'd switch to the second while the other charged. I don't recall the capacity of those Halo batteries, but I got four days of light use out of a 1000mAh Ego Twist just a week ago..however, that was because I only vaped during a walk to and from dinner with my partner for those days. Normally, getting my usual level of use, that same 1000mAh battery will be dead to rights within 16hrs or less, which is why I have a pair of 900mAh Spinners here, to switch between in case I either forget to charge, or just run out of battery at a bad moment.

The batteries in the Triton starter kit are either 400 or 650 mAh (at the user's preference). Halo offers larger capacities a la carte, but the starter kit batts are limited (I assume) by the size of the case in which the starter kit is packaged.

Anyway, as a fairly heavy vaper, I find the 100-mah-to-1-hour rule of thumb works pretty well. A single 650 lasts me anywhere from 6-7 hours (but I usually don't run them dry). The same 650 lasts well more than a day for my lighter vaping wife. As you say, mileages will vary. :)

On the upside, Triton batteries (@ 650 mah) only take 1-2 hours to charge, in my experience.

Last edited:

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife are thinking about getting the Halo Triton Starter pack, and given that it has 2 batteries + 2 tanks, is it enough for us to get 1 set only?

In other words, why does starter pack have 2 sets of batteries + tank? Is this for 2 people or does it wear out after some time?

Thanks.

As already said, you need something to vape while a battery is on charge. The 400mAh batteries will probably last about 4 hours for a moderate vaper, and will probably charge in less than an hour. The 650mAh batteries will last about 6-7 hours, and will take slightly over an hour to charge. Expect to possibly vape more heavily at the start, and then maybe taper off. Everyone is different.

You might also want to try an Evod starter kit. It is great value and the Evod clearomiser works very well. The kit also comes with a pack of 5 replacement heads and is better value than than the Halo Triton kit:
ElectronicStix.Com · Kanger EVOD 650mAh Starter Kit

ETA, I've never used that vendor, that's just for illustration purposes. By all means shop around and see what vendors other people recommend.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

I just got my Triton set 4 days ago. I LOVE it!
I got the 400mah battery and the 650mah. I vape quite a bit throughout the whole day at least aprox 10mins total out of each hour. The Triton batteries are smaller than most ego size batteries and hold a much longer charge for whatever reason. My 400 mah will last me aprox. 12 hours. The 650 last me a full 24 hours give or take depending on how much I vape.

So from my Triton experience the last few days I can tell you one battery will be enough for you. So yes, I recommend you get 1 kit with the 2 batteries. You can each have one and it should last the whole day. Lets face it, unless your at a job where you work 12+ hours and have time to consistently vape(which I doubt applies to most people)- this battery will last you the entire day- and if for some reason it doesn't, you will be home when it decides to run out. :)

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Nothing much to add :)

when you begin vaping:

1. you need 2 batteries (one is in use, one is charging)
2. you need 2 vaporizers (e.g. 1 for tobacco flavor, 1 for fruit flavor)

Once you decide that vaping is for you, you may quickly accumulate more vaping stuff. E.g. longer-lasting batteries (with more mAh), variable voltage batteries (makes more vapor), different vaporizers etc.

Happy vaping!

edit:
For any set you should have spares. You cant know what should go wrong. So for any time in your vaping history you will need a spare and spare of a spare. too.

Oh yes!
Happened to me 3 weeks after I started vaping. 2 batteries broken, 3rd one was charging. I had to smoke the last 5 cigarettes in the pack that had been lying - unused - on my living room table. Eeeewwwww... yucky!

Lesson learned:
Stock up on stuff, because that will never happen to me again :)

(the dealer did exchange the faulty batteries.. but that did not help me much at the moment when they broke down and I had no spares... )

Last edited:

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I'd recommend just going straight for some ego twist batteries and evod tanks with a bottle of juice. Probably a little. More expensive but ive seen to. Many people give up because of bad kits thinking that was the best they'll get. This will give. You a good idea of what to expect atleast and Help keep you on the vape.

To answer you're question the fact it comes with two is for a back up. You always want a second battery. And tank/carto/whatever your choosing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Something I didn't know about the Halo Triton, but just saw someone complaining about - they are not 510 threaded. An "Ego" battery has 510 threads and Ego threads on the outside. It will take any ego or 510 threaded devices, which covers the majority of devices out there. The Triton has something that looks kind of like an 808 thread, with something that may or may not be ego threading on the outside. Strange.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Something I didn't know about the Halo Triton, but just saw someone complaining about - they are not 510 threaded. An "Ego" battery has 510 threads and Ego threads on the outside. It will take any ego or 510 threaded devices, which covers the majority of devices out there. The Triton has something that looks kind of like an 808 thread, with something that may or may not be ego threading on the outside. Strange.

Yes, it is 808 threading - I'm not happy about that only because as I've learned more about vaping, it is hard to find other things that can connect to it. I can't use a wide array of accessories out there because these Triton tanks have 808 threading which seems to be uncommon. Other than that it is a great device, you just have to be fully informed on vaping before buying something I would say. :)

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
The batteries in the Triton starter kit are either 400 or 650 mAh (at the user's preference). Halo offers larger capacities a la carte, but the starter kit batts are limited (I assume) by the size of the case in which the starter kit is packaged.

Anyway, as a fairly heavy vaper, I find the 100-mah-to-1-hour rule of thumb works pretty well. A single 650 lasts me anywhere from 6-7 hours (but I usually don't run them dry). The same 650 lasts well more than a day for my lighter vaping wife. As you say, mileages will vary. :)

On the upside, Triton batteries (@ 650 mah) only take 1-2 hours to charge, in my experience.

Yeah, good call on posting the 100mAh rule too, I didn't even think about that as general information. I also forget that since I'm running a VV set around 4v+ that I chew through my battery at a faster rate than 100mAh/hr..on a regular ol' 3.3v regulated Ego the 650 should definitely last as long as you say.

Also FWIW I'm one of those who has a situation where they can be vaping constantly at their desk, and it's rare the PV leaves my hand, so my usage figures are pretty extreme in that I'll go through two batteries of a given size when someone with the same size battery will only be halfway through their charge in the same period. That's the biggest reason I dislike trying to answer the question of 'how long will X last me?', because it depends on how often it's being used.

People who vape like they used to smoke get much different runtimes from a given battery than those like myself who use it to curb an oral fixation and deliver nicotine as a stimulant as opposed to, say, caffeine or similar.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I have a b & m down the street. I went in there and bought a one battery 650 to start with. About two days later I was back getting a 1100 and have since in a matter of weeks bought another 1100 and looking to get a eVod in the next week or so. I am away from home about 12 hours a day and found I run out on my way home. Go with the starter kit but don't be surprised of you run out and get more sooner rather than later. Either way you will enjoy it in the end.

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
Well I'll say the same everyone else has said. When I had 2 Halo G6 batteries I could easily kill them both while at work. That means once I got home I had to wait for them to charge. Not fun.

I recommend backups and backups for the backups. I now have:

1 78mm auto G6
1 78mm manual G6
1 102mm manual G6

2 650mah Tritons

1 G6 usb adaptor
2 Triton usb adaptors <-- trust me get a spare, if you lose it all your gear is useless.

Most of us can't drive a mere 5 minutes to get new parts, so it's likely that you'll cave in and smoke analogs while waiting for replacements.

IMO 3 triton batteries and 2 usb charger adaptors would be the minimum starting point. Good news is you can share with the wifey so maybe 5 total would be good.

A carrying case would be smart so you don't misplace anything. I'm currently using a headphone case, but am looking for something a little better / more stylish.

Or you can do what I did and realize this the hard way. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread