Halo triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigress01

Feb 25, 2014
United States
Newbie here, 3 weeks in. I bought an innokin iclear16 kit. I have been terribly disappointed with the quality. One battery came in glued and the other has stripped inside threads!! I remedied the stripped threads with a kanger evod tank which I hate! I have been looking into the Halo triton and was looking for some honest feedback. I assume their batteries are made in China as well but they seem to have a good warranty. Thanks

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I've used Halo Tritons as my daily carry for months.

The good...

1. Batteries last a LOT longer than generic eGos from China. I'm still able to get about a day and a half use out of a 650mAh Triton battery, and I'm using it all day long.
2. Clearos are excellent. They never leak, they don't come apart, they fit perfect. The coils are also compatible with Kanger T2 coils, so if you want cheap replacement coils buy the Kangers.
3. Quality. Really, everything is well thought out and well put together.

The bad:

1. The Halo Triton is more expensive than a similar eGo. (You get what you pay for)
2. The Halo Triton is KR101-D1 and Vgo threaded which means it's not compatible with 510 or eGo threaded clearos and carts. Not a particularly bad downside since the Triton clearos are so good, but it does limit the options on what toppers you can use on them.
3. They have VV batteries available, but not in the starter kits. If you know you want the VV batteries it's better to buy the batteries, clearos, and charger as separate items rather than buying the starter kit and then buying VV batteries.

I really like the Triton. I still carry mine every day despite owning VV/VW mods like the SVD and mech mods like the Nemesis. It's small, it vapes well, it's totally reliable, and it's durable. (I've dropped mine MANY times on concrete and tile floors, never a single cracked clearo or any other problem) For the size it is I really have no complaints with it.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I just ordered a Triton starter kit from Halo, myself, having read many great things about the Triton. I should get it towards the end of this week. I'll post my impressions once I've used it a bit. Many others here know more than I do, though.

Check out ECF's Halo sub-forum for more info about the Triton.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Newbie here, 3 weeks in. I bought an Innokin iclear16 kit. I have been terribly disappointed with the quality. One battery came in glued and the other has stripped inside threads!! I remedied the stripped threads with a kanger evod tank which I hate! I have been looking into the Halo triton and was looking for some honest feedback. I assume their batteries are made in China as well but they seem to have a good warranty. Thanks

I'm frankly surprised. I'm not a big fan of iClear clearomizers because I"m not a fan of the old dual coil configuration (with one coil on top, the other on the bottom), but Innokin makes great batteries. Their VV V3 (eGo-style) and the MVP 2 are immensely popular and perform very well. Are you sure your kit is genuine? If they are, they should be under warranty.

I happen to prefer bottom coil clearomizers, but if you hate the eVod... I won't recommend it. :facepalm:

Triton is just another eGo-class battery with kr808 connection. Since you already own some 510 hardware, I suggest you contact your vendor about a replacement of your faulty product(s) and explore other 510 threaded options. The 510/eGo is the most popular connection and the most versatile.

Good luck.

LR40K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
United States
Co-worker got me onto the Halo Triton after trying his. Haven't smoke since. I'm a fan of their gear and even upped to their VV battery. They got me off the analogs and for that I owe them. However, once I started looking around ECF and got interested in trying other tanks, well, mostly you can't. Not easily anyway.

I'm a fan of Halo but I second Katya's post. Try Halo's juices but look at other options for devices that will let you more easily try the huge options in different tanks. I'd look really hard at the MVP 2.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I started with Halo and similar Smokeless Image 808/ego batteries. If I had it to do over again, I would have gone with 510/ego batteries. The 808/ego threading really limits what you can use...limits experimenting with all the different devices. I did use them for 6 months, but I got the bug to try more stuff.

However, my wife, who is a lot less inquisitive than I am, has been using these 808/ego batteries for 18 months.

Tigress01

Feb 25, 2014
United States
I have tried several times to get in touch with Innokin. They just want me to by more of their products needless to say
I refuse to give them anymore of my business! I have emailed then several times and even tried the live chat! Nothing. My local b&m only offers a fourteen day warranty on their kits. Best I can tell my kit is genuine, I do believe however that they aren't a registered vendor because it is a bit below msrp. So I think I'm caught in a catch 22! However I could've bought a triton kit for the price!
The kanger just doesn't offer as much much taste as the clearos especially with my preferred tobbaco juice :(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have tried several times to get in touch with Innokin. They just want me to by more of their products needless to say
I refuse to give them anymore of my business! I have emailed then several times and even tried the live chat! Nothing. My local b&m only offers a fourteen day warranty on their kits. Best I can tell my kit is genuine, I do believe however that they aren't a registered vendor because it is a bit below msrp. So I think I'm caught in a catch 22! However I could've bought a triton kit for the price!
The kanger just doesn't offer as much much taste as the clearos especially with my preferred tobbaco juice :(

I'm not going to try to talk you out of Triton--go ahead and order a kit if you feel strongly about it.

I can only tell you what I would do--and why. :)

Triton is a perfectly good battery, but it's not any better than the eGo-C Twist, Vision Spinner, iTaste VV V3 or MVP2.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well u certainly am not in a position to spend $100 or more on a kit so what do you suggest? Have you had problems with the Triton? I am looking to make a step forward not backwards. They 60 day warranty was part of the appeal.

Why would you need to spend $100 on a kit? Are your batteries not working at all? Are your toppers not working, either? You do have a charger, right? And you have an eVod... There's plenty you can do with what you already have. Is your battery variable voltage or set voltage, do you know? What kind of kit did you get and how much did you pay for it?

I believe that switching to kr808 threading would be more costly than expanding/improving on what you already have. But that's just my opinion.

I have tried Halo G6 batteries and cartomizers. They are the same as Bloog and Volt. I'm pretty sure the Triton is just like other eGo-class batteries--but with a less popular connection.

Go ahead and try Triton. You can't go wrong with it. Honestly!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My local b&m only offers a fourteen day warranty on their kits. Best I can tell my kit is genuine, I do believe however that they aren't a registered vendor because it is a bit below msrp. (

If they offer 14-day warranty, why don't you take advantage of it? Did you go back to the store? If they sold you a defective item, they have to replace it... or is it already too late?

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
I have a couple Tritons and they are indeed good as portable devices, however the fact they are not compatible with most batteries and mods out there is a total deal breaker for me, I want to be able to mix and match tanks and mods and batteries. There are so many options out there, the Iclear 16 is an excellent small tank and works, in my opinion, better than the Triton.

Saganite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Fort Collins, CO, USA
I loved my triton and honestly believe someone could easily go forever on just that. The only reason I moved on is that I wanted to experience more of what was out there. There are certainly better vapes to be had when it comes to mods and APVs, but for an ego-type device, I found it to be top notch.

Tigress01

Feb 25, 2014
United States
No the batteries still work, I just hate to keep dumping money into them. Especially when they are starting to strip and fall apart. I have a charger and they are set batteries. The kit was $60, one battery last me all day so my husband and I are sharing. I hate this new tank but I don't really want to buy another one. I just got it last week. I'm just frustrated and waiting for the batteries to fall apart the rest of the way. An Innokin iclear 16 kit. I had misunderstood what you'd said I apologize. I know that some kits are very expensive. I am happy with any advice I can't get, thank you and I hope I didn't sound unapprecIative.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The Triton tank is almost identical to a Kanger T2...just slightly different threading. A Regular T2 will fit a Triton battery, but a Triton tank will not fit a 510/ego battery. They use the same replacement heads. If you want to try the Triton tank, just get a T2 and use it on your current battery...it uses the ego outside threads.

Kanger T2 Sunfire 1.7-1.9ohm Clearomizer / Cartomizer - Vaping Me

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Thanks for all the positive thoughts on Triton! I really appreciate it. Do their tanks work ok with other juice besides their brand?

Their tanks work just fine with other juices. They are basically Kanger T2 clearomizers that are threaded for the Triton tanks. They work the exact same as Kanger T2s on an eGo.

And as for everyone talking about the threading, you can get a KR808-D1 to 510 thread adapter for less than $5 that will let you use any 510 topper you want. It's not the big issue everyone makes it out to be.

Triton is a perfectly good battery, but it's not any better than the eGo-C Twist, Vision Spinner, iTaste VV V3 or MVP2.

Good luck!

I'll have to disagree on the eGo-C Twist and Spinner.

They may be the same style of battery, but there is a definite difference in the longevity of their charge. I've got both eGo twist in a 1300mAh and the Halo 900mAh VV battery, and I get slightly more life out of a charge on the Halo. My 650mAh Halo batteries last about a day and a half on a charge. I'm lucky to get that out of a 1000mAh eGo.

They may be the same style, but they don't perform the same.

As for the VV V3 and MVP2, yes, those are different, but those are true VV mods. Even more important, they are still Innokin products, which is simply telling the OP to go back to the same company that gave her the problem she has now. If you're going to recommend that kind of jump you should at least offer something other than more products from the same company.

Personally, based on my experience with Innokin products, I would recommend a mech mod before I would recommend another Innokin anything. Get an Hcigar Nemesis clone, a good tank like the Nautilus, Aerotank, or an IBTanked setup, and a pair of good 2900mAh 18650 batteries. The tanks will hold 3+ml of juice and the battery would last close to 3 days on a single charge. Easy to use, easy to carry, ultra-reliable, and IF something does break they are easy to fix without having to replace the entire thing.

Sure there is no variable voltage, but if you want variable wattage ability you can always add a Kick. VV is overrated anyways IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread