Hands free mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

WageSlaveEscapist

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Oregon
Ok lets put on our thinking caps vapers, I want to vape hands free and I bet some of you do, too. So how could it be done?

I'm thinking somehow use an auto switch like from the little ecigs, but it would have to be used with a little tiny solenoid to carry the current, cause it probably wouldn't handle sub ohming, unless someone could either make or buy a heavy duty auto switch. I hear they use a little microphone, no? How about a mechanical auto switch, any ideas?

I've got 3 ft of latex tube and a drip tip on either end, maybe I should just use a belt holster and press the button, but then I have to stand around to vape instead of working or what have you. So, who's got a good idea?

TBCAmor

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
Denver, CO.
Clever thought, and the old cig a like auto fires might work, but that just brings up bad memories of the early days for me. I started in 09' or so, and my options were initially njoy cig alikes with auto batts. I think they were the rn4081 or something. Again, good idea, but unless that mechanism of action is improved, I'd be wary.

Wish I had an idea, I will be following this thread since it's a cool thought for sure.

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
it would have to be used with a little tiny solenoid to carry the current

An SSR (solid state relay) and simple circuit could do this.

My only question is why.
Are you unable to use your hands due to a medical condition, or is this situation specific ?

A crazy idea that could lead somewhere:
puReELC.jpg

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
My only question is why.
Are you unable to use your hands due to a medical condition, or is this situation specific ?

This would be handy not only for disabled vapers (there are more of us around than one might think!) but also for those who vape while driving, whom I'm sure outnumber the gimps by several orders of magnitude. ;)

westonG

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
San Diego, CA
what about some sort of a camelback design? Worn like a backpack with a tube and mouthpiece already coming over the shoulder.. just have to figure out the technical parts to get a system like that to work.. The bite down on the mouthpiece to take a hit is a good idea, and the camelback mouth piece already uses the bite down principal..

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
there are two main designs that fall in this category
a true hands free you need to hold the mod on your lips and vape, it would be hard as mech mods are bigger and heftier than the average analog or cigar.
the other option is to use your hand to hold it but no button...
you would need to somehow complete the current with your fingers or have an isolated atty and a soft driptip with a metal core and once you hold it in your lips it would complete the current with a small wire or metal rod on the tip

a third option but I don't think this is safe and probably be more hassle is to use gravity to complete the circuit, just let say put the logo of me mod facing down and your good, this is taking the idea from the spin tops that use leds (my kid has a few of those and just light up when they are spinning, no switch) just need to make the trigger much more flexible, but you will definitely get auto-fires
$_35.JPG

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
only thing I can think of that's kind of close (not really) would be the old Precious L with touch sensor which isn't made anymore. It's not a true mech though because it's wired. I've got one of the originals and the sensor switch became a pain to maintain (always needed to clean) and premature firing was always an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread