Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Hey fellow ECFers, I'm on the hunt for a good hands free vaping option. Going on fishing trip and would be great to have something I could actually keep in my mouth like a cig or cigar.

I have seen the cigar style that uses smile-o-misers and has an auto switch, may be the best bet but don't know how heavy that thing is. Any other suggestions?

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
You're talking about the V4L Vapor Zeus. Grimm did a video on it you can check out here.

He does vape on it in the video hands-free, and mentions it's not too heavy. Although I must say, cartridge style PVs like the Vapor Zeus are highly out-dated in terms of performance and potential.

Only other thing that comes to mind is... you know those beer hats?? Same idea, but with a mod. :D It would have to have an auto switch and your drip tip would have to be a long rubber tube. I don't think that's something you can go out and buy on the market so it would have to be fashioned/modded/built.

Maybe somebody else knows about a hands free solution, but aside from a junky disposable and the aforementioned there's not too many choices.

Best of luck :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
If you just want something for the fishing trip you might consider picking up an Njoy from a local convenience store. My wife had one of those a few months ago and that little bugger was just like a cigarette. It was about the same weight and size as a regular king size cigarette and she said it tasted pretty good too.

I think they might be a little on the expensive side for what you get but if you're only going to use it for a few days it might be worth considering.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Thought about the beer hat idea but would still have to use hands to fire, thought about the gooseneck too but would have same issue. Tried NJoy and hated them plus the damn thing only lasted like a total of 20 hits then died so not worth the money.

Guess I'll just have to spend more time bobber fishing so I'll have a hand free for my mod ;-).

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Guess I'll just have to spend more time bobber fishing so I'll have a hand free for my mod ;-).
I fly fish with cigalikes filled with my favorite juice in a cartomizer all the time. You don't have to settle for disposables:

510-BAT-TRE-2.jpg

You can get the above in automatic as well. No, they won't give you 12 hours of vape time but 90 minutes or so is good enough if you carry a few in a vest.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Hey fellow ECFers, I'm on the hunt for a good hands free vaping option. Going on fishing trip and would be great to have something I could actually keep in my mouth like a cig or cigar.

I have seen the cigar style that uses smile-o-misers and has an auto switch, may be the best bet but don't know how heavy that thing is. Any other suggestions?

I have one of those Zeus and made by a comapny called vapor4life. Mine is a blue one. They are not very heavy. I used mine until I got my provari and Nzonics. You can refill the smilolizers also. So mine sits in my desk along with my other smaller batteries. I did have it up for sale. They do work pretty good and you can also use a tank on them :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thought about the beer hat idea but would still have to use hands to fire, thought about the gooseneck too but would have same issue. Tried NJoy and hated them plus the damn thing only lasted like a total of 20 hits then died so not worth the money.

Well, the 650 or 1100 auto, with or without the gooseneck, can be hands free. Ego size, so pretty much any topper will fit (and both 510 and ego threads.) Or, as Kodiak says, stick types in auto form can also fill the bill. The Vivi Nano works well on them, as well as regular cartos.

Cariessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Indiana, United States
True enough, thought about the lanyard but just as easy to put it in my pocket.

I'm a bobber/bottom fisher. I like my panfish and cats :) I do some jigging when they are biting slow deep so I was looking for something like you. Ended up with a 150 mini automatic with a little carto on it. The tip was plastic so it was easy to hold until a largemouth hit my jig. Jerked to set the hook and my new little auto went flying... right in with with fishes.

Broke out an 1100 and CE4, put it on a lanyard. Yeah. The pocket is great... but with me it's gonna get laid on the side of the boat, or knocked in the tacklebox with the fishslime and worm guts. Lanyard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread