EU Hanover (Germany) bans e-cig use in city's goverment buildings, health official and cancer center call for sales ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Today's the DAY!
smiley-excited001.gif
:D

Cumulus

Feb 19, 2012
Germany
E-Rauchen: Aktion Selbstbestimmt statt Ausgedrückt - ein Rückblick - Mülheim an der Ruhr - lokalkompass.de

Reactions of the german press where next to nothing. I had to look quite a while to find this article. 200 ashtrays were sent, NRW ministry of health acknowlegded. Mrs. Steffes would ignore this - prefering to carry on making e-smoking difficult. She would answer all questions about e-smoking not at all or rude. Two dealers in NRW would have got visit. House search. Without adequate law and by any chance will become insolvent.

And there is a juristic article (14.02.2012 - Aschenbecher für Frau Ministerin?) making fun of the creative action. Showing terms of use for the ashtrays that would have made more sense than sending them to a place where they wouldn´t be needed. Quite a bit disappointing and now good presage.

--- Nachrichten --- - Arzneimittel-Strafrecht

Tom09

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Germany
In my opinion, the ashtrays on Ash Wednesday action went as good as it could have been. Fact is that at least 400 vapers (according to forums’ trace of senders), who had been living in vaping-la-la-land until the very last weeks, found together and committed to set a very powerful sign. Some media reports had been triggered in preparation. Media attention on that day, however, had been utmost slim (despite active attempts by brave individuals to get the media interested). One reason might have been that Ash Wednesday is one of the most political days in Germany. At this day, the end of carnival, all political parties do convene to push their lines and bash competitors - thus creating quite a lot to report in the national politics sections. Anyway, the addressed minister Steffens carefully opted to dive (her speaker announced she is “on holidays” and would not comment), perhaps most telling about how our representatives care about concerns of their constituents. However, a ministry and state government is just another village. I have no question that this campaign created inside talk, and we always have the political opposition, so this ashtray campaign will follow her for quite a while.

Meanwhile, two larger e-cig suppliers had been raided by authorities - seizing about 45 000 liquid bottles - according to German news reports (Bild). Reasoning of the prosecutors: liquid containing nicotine would have to be classified as a medicine by function, therefore illegal. One store in NRW is back and running the full program (I don’t know who was the other). The best connected German e-cig information site (smok-e.de) had announced that legal steps were taken by these suppliers, and sounded all optimistic about the possible legal outcome. Keeping fingers crossed.

A black wednesday: yesterday, all our national media (e.g. here) reported that the federal government considers e-cigs in terms of a medical product (de-facto-prohibition), in an answer to a parliamentary question (answer not yet published). This is not a law and the federal government has no actual authority for prohibition, which still rests at the states (Länder). However, this certainly sets the stage where things are probably heading to. German suppliers outside the previously critical state (Land) of North Rhine-Westphalia are now open to prosecution. Since politics denied to act here, the future of e-cigs has been moving much closer to be decided in higher legal courts. That's just my understanding,

Tom09

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Germany
I’ll try to keep some update posts on the German situation, although there are certainly many on ECF who are much deeper involved and much better informed...

Several German vapers have now committed to take the protest against disinformation and despotism on the street. A demonstration is scheduled for March 24 in Düsseldorf (NRW).

Also, a German professor, Dr. Fritz Sörgel (Institut für Biomedizinische und Pharmazeutische Forschung, Nürnberg), has authored the as yet probably most lunatic article produced by the worldwide ANTZ cult. I have read a lot surrounding e-cigs during the past 3 years. Sörgel’s article is in German and was published in a journal that is open for subscribing pharmacists, only. So unfortunately, most will be lost for the international public. To give a comprehensive review: it’s nine pages written in raving delirium by Electricman’s twin brother. A real-life satire for everyone who is actually on this topic.

VapRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
FL
[/QUOTE]Also, a German professor, Dr. Fritz Sörgel (Institut für Biomedizinische und Pharmazeutische Forschung, Nürnberg), has authored the as yet probably most lunatic article produced by the worldwide ANTZ cult. I have read a lot surrounding e-cigs during the past 3 years. Sörgel’s article is in German and was published in a journal that is open for subscribing pharmacists, only. So unfortunately, most will be lost for the international public. To give a comprehensive review: it’s nine pages written in raving delirium by Electricman’s twin brother. A real-life satire for everyone who is actually on this topic.[/QUOTE]

I just read that thing. That guy is nuts. But the scary thing is he will be one of those who gets listened to.
You guys have your work cut out as we do. I hope that those raids will backfire as they have done here.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread