Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I wish everyone in Ikenland a very happy 2013 holiday season. I hope it's safe and the best one ever.

Merry-Christmas_zpscc962bbc.gif

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Merry Christmas everyone!!

I had two friends with VW vans, IIRC both were camper versions. My oldest friend in STL had a VW bug baja with a souped up 1800cc w/ a stinger pipe and later a crazy 2180cc? dual port. We drove that thing all over the place even in the winter.....Good Times!!!
I had a flat black bug with wheel adapters and 60 series tires on ansen sprint mags that stuck out about 5 in" past the fenders. Evertime we drove it in the rain, which is a lot in this part of yhe country, the water would be flying off those tires everywhere. One time coming over the Narrows Bridge the hood flew up and bent over the roof. Couldn't see anything. Scared us good.
laughing-at-someone-smiley-emoticon.gif

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays you guys!
Lol my old man used to have one from the the 70's in the 80's I still remember it like it was yesterday. Bottom base blue white top, it was awesome. Later he started using it for work then gutted the whole thing out. That was a sad day, never knew the meaning of him owning that bad boy until much later :laugh:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays you guys!
Lol my old man used to have one from the the 70's in the 80's I still remember it like it was yesterday. Bottom base blue white top, it was awesome. Later he started using it for work then gutted the whole thing out. That was a sad day, never knew the meaning of him owning that bad boy until much later :laugh:

tumblr_lux70rQnrw1r6n0tzo1_500.jpg

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I should have posted this yesterday, since this was on the 23rd... icon_cool.gif Sorry!!

Festivus-Kitty-Ab.jpg~original

And I had a friend back in 1969/70 that had a VW bus with (I think they called them) Safari windows... the windshield ones that pushed out. I'm not sure what year it was, but it sure wasn't new at the time... 240.gif LOL!!

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
We had so much fun in that old baja bug, even without heat in the winter. IIRC it was a 1965 and it had a semi rare fiberglass baja kit. IIRC we used a Pinto 2 stage 2 barrel carb on the 1800cc motor. It did amazingly well in the snow and got reasonable mileage. It did great off road too and would nearly idle up most hills. The stinger pipe stuck up in the air, so in the rain we put a tin can over it when parked.

It had a original KSHE95 Sweetmeat sticker ( the one with him smoking "something") in the rear window and a plastic waving hand in the front. The hand had all but the middle finger bent down. :D

Good times!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread