Status
Not open for further replies.

cappadoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Michigan
The Holiday's last for a few weeks Cap, Thats why I said it that way ...Thanks

I caught that Whiskey. I was referring to 5 card. Gotta be PC nowadays. Not.
But, it is good to be culturally sensitive.

5 card, I didn't mean to call you out. just trying to recognize the American melting pot.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I caught that Whiskey. I was referring to 5 card. Gotta be PC nowadays. Not.
But, it is good to be culturally sensitive.

5 card, I didn't mean to call you out. just trying to recognize the American melting pot.

I'm glad you did. Sometimes I type before I think and stick foot in mouth. That should be an old Chineese proverb. LOL
I cleaned it up.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Haha I LOVE you guys! Thank you Whiskey,5card Switcher and absolutely Everyone!!

This year has been a BEAUTIFUL one, Getting to meet, talk and just be with you guys this year has been Amazing.
I wish all of you guys and gals, the Absolute Best Holidays and all the greatest for the New year from the bottom of our hearts.
This month has been excruciatingly busy, but wouldn't be traded for anything in the world. I was watching the news about Philadelphia boycotting Christmas traditions in respect for Atheism and non believers of religions and what not. I don't want to touch this subject too much as I do have respect for everyone's beliefs as Val is Agnostic and I'm Christian. Either way you look at it. Christmas is for the spirit of giving and taking the time out of the day to think about others. Even though most of us especially here do that as part of our daily lives a holiday for it is always a great perk! No matter what the word is for this holiday, that core is something we can always agree on :D

For the record, I'm an Italian Christian
I do believe in God, but I do find the stories pretty hard to swallow. Because of all the horrible things people go through today.

For anyone interested. Long story short my Grandfather came to this country in the 1920's from Italy with his Brother. They divided as my Grandfather changed his last name to Abraham in the hopes of changing his life to a 'cleaner' one in remembrance to the original man from the Bible . :D

So MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, HAPPY HANUKKAH and HAPPY KWANZAA to all! I hope you guys have a GREAT one!!

cappadoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Michigan
My apologies Isaac. With such a classic Hebrew name, I was guessing Jewish. My bad. It was not meant to be offensive or separatist. Just trying to be sensitive to the non-Christian sect.
Hell, I never know what to say to some of my patients this time of year.
I have a bunch of Muslim and Messianic Jewish patients, and some whose belief/faith system I do not know. I never want to offend anyone's beliefs.
I really apologize for such an incorrect assumption.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
My apologies Isaac. With such a classic Hebrew name, I was guessing Jewish. My bad. It was not meant to be offensive or separatist. Just trying to be sensitive to the non-Christian sect.
Hell, I never know what to say to some of my patients this time of year.
I have a bunch of Muslim and Messianic Jewish patients, and some whose belief/faith system I do not know. I never want to offend anyone's beliefs.
I really apologize for such an incorrect assumption.

Oh Doc, please no apologies in the least good sir!
I didn't mean to come off as offensive in the very least. For that impression I am very and truly sorry Doc. I just went into a wild rant of the concept of folks in the world being offended of something like the word Christmas. My name is Isaac Abraham, everyone I meet thinks I'm Jewish for my name while it is purely logical :lol: Believe me it happens all the time and there is NEVER offense taken on my end unconditionally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread