• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

happy i'm vaping now, because this would SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Some of the comments, though, were pretty virulent.... sharing your stinky smoke with the rest of the neighbors because you're sitting outside a window - pretty asinine, if you ask me.

The viciousness of the anti-smoking crowd is getting a bit out of hand - if it doesn't curtail itself soon, we're going to have a smoker KILLED because they had the audacity to light up in public.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
that was the reasoning king county in WA used to ban vaping in public places: King County bans public e-cigarette smoking

it violated social norms.

Why are the best quotes always at the end of a story:

......."I don't want to be forced to have to go outside and stand with a bunch of smokers, and have my smoking desire be triggered again, and have to stand with the second-hand smoke I once caused."...........

That's it! I've had it.
It's time we declare 'victim status'. Here we are, trying to better ourselves from the evils that big tobacco has inflicted on us and states and local municipalities are doing their best to ensure we don't quit smoking.

:danger::censored::danger::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::danger:

yeah; it may look cute, but what just came out of my mouth wasn't; although it has MlrMan chuckling and saying "Atta girl! Go get em!"

A while back it was mentioned we should write State Senator Glenn Grothman to be proactive and try and get some kind of legislation enacted to ensure vapers rights are protected.
I will admit, while I've been dabling & tweaking a letter, I haven't gotten it out yet. But come Sunday morning (silly Christmas interference!) that letter will be completed and sent on Monday, if not sooner.
If nothing else, what's happened in King County is a wake up call to us in WI. Having grown up near there, I can tell you that the only reason the PNW is worse than our capital city is they have a larger population. But make no mistake about it; they are one in the same. Either we have to strike first, or be left begging and pleading for our right to vape and not be back in the world of the smoking second class citizens.
We aren't anymore. We have kicked the habit and still we are made to feel like we haven't accomplished anything. OMFG...(is that allowed here?) WE QUIT SMOKING!! WE DON'T CRAVE IT ANYMORE! We don't walk by a group of people smoking, inhale deeply & think about how good it would be to take one drag off a strangers lit analog! We aren't running out to the local 7-11 in a blizzard to buy one pack, pull one cigarette out & throw the pack away because we know if we don't, that pack will be smoked out. Then feeling like a failure because we caved & had that one......
Our children hug us more now & tell us how good we smell; our SOs kiss us more passionately; we smile when we are standing at Hallmark & suddenly realize we have our sense of smell back because someone just walked in & you know that they just died one out on their way into the store... you think to yourself "wow! I never knew I smelled like that when I walked into a store...."

I LOVE Kristin's sign because it shows that the two are not the same. vaping does NOT equal smoking.
The micromanaging has got to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread