Status
Not open for further replies.

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
Okay, so I have been vaping for just around 2 years, and I have had many looks and funny faces made at me due to my mods and tanks and drip tips. That is usually as far as it goes, funny looks is all. Today we decided to go Christmas shopping, we live in Montana so the nearest Wally-World is 100 miles away, and my wife's car had the car seats in it so we took hers. I drive 65 as a normal rule, even though the speed limit on Montana Interstate is 75, nobody needs to go 75 especially with their family in the car. So I'm driving along and come upon a vehicle going slower than myself, so I pass, as I am passing I am taking a pull from my Silver Bullet with a Submarine tank and a large ss ming drip tip, as we pass the vehicle we see that it is a sheriff deputy, no big deal we all have seat-belts I am not speeding so I keep going. Immediately after passing the sheriff deputy we see a Highway Patrol on the other side of the Interstate, I said "Wow two cops in a row on Sunday that's weird." Again mind you we live in Montana. Not two minutes after seeing the highway patrol on the other side of the interstate, he was next to me looking in the vehicle, again I was taking a pull off my silver bullet. All of a sudden he slammed on his brakes and got behind me and turned on his cherry lights. Now of course at this time my wife says "What did you do?" I replied "Nothing I'm not speeding, the kids are strapped in, and we are all wearing seat-belts, the car has permanent plates so they aren't expired, I don't know what I did."

I pulled over onto the shoulder and as I checked my mirrors to make sure I was off the road completely, I noticed the sheriff deputy was also back there with his lights on, I said "Wow, whatever I did must've been bad, because there's two of them back there." The highway patrolman gets out and walks up on the "passenger" side with his hand on his gun, while the sheriff deputy is standing behind his open driver's door, probably with his hand on his gun.

My wife rolls down her window, and the officer speaks "My name is Trooper such and such, and the reason I pulled you over today is uhhhhh......" he pauses and looks around the vehicle "you have a crack in your windshield. Where are you headed today?" now in Montana we do not have vehicle inspections and every vehicle in the state has a cracked windshield, no joke, rocks fly up off the road on a daily basis and crack a windshield. If you buy a new windshield in two weeks it's cracked or chipped really bad. I have been pulled over, mostly tail lights or brake lights no speeding or anything, in this vehicle plus others with way worse windshields and the cops never said a word, because a crack in a windshield is normal here as long as it's not horrible, you buy a used car off of a lot and it has a cracked windshield. So anyway, " I'm going to need your license and registration" I give him all the necessary paperwork, he looks at my license and paperwork, "Okay, Richard what's that next to your leg on the seat?" AHA!!! the real reason you pulled me over and why Barney Fife is standing back there polishing his bullet!

I explained what it was and after telling me he never heard of those and never seen one before, he gave me a warning on the windshield and he and the scaredstiff(I mean sheriff)deputy drove off into the sunset. Now, I seen many other cops the rest of the day and none pulled me over for my "windshield", amazing, it was so bad that he had seen it from the other side of the interstate going 70 mph, but no other cop pulled me over in any of the towns we went to, and I probably seen a dozen the whole day, oh plus my next door neighbor is a sheriff deputy and he doesn't pull us over every time we leave the driveway.

So, the moral of the story is if you see a cop act nervous and hide your pv, screw that vape in public, vape proud, vape hard, vape on, and vape away. We shouldn't have to act like we are hitting drug paraphernalia, we are vapers. We vape to better ourselves, and feel better, and most of all to keep us of cigarettes. If nothing else we should educate Barney Fife and his band of power tripping control freak friends. By the way, Any remarks I make about police officers I have earned the right to make, my father was a state trooper, sheriff deputy, and police officer for thirty years, I lived with a cop so I know how they work and think, and these guys thought they were going to get a drug bust off the guy in a Dodge Intrepid driving 65 with his wife and 3 kids in the car going Christmas shopping. To make matters worse, my wife who smokes and is already against me vaping, says "See that stupid E-Cigarette stuck to your face is going to get you in trouble, you did that on purpose to see if they would pull you over." I said " UH.. No I was just vaping and you were smoking a cigarette at the same time, we both obviously needed our nicotine, I didn't even think about a cop I have become so comfortable with my vaping it's just natural now, I want a vape I take one!"

So now you know beware out there, some people still don't know about vaping, will I be more cautious now.........Hell No!!! Now I'm going to vape every time I see a cop, after they all pull me over then they will know what it is and leave me alone.

Yutty

Last edited:

.kmh.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Maryland
dejinn.deviantart.com
I've always worried about it because frankly from a cops perspective I can see how it may look from a distance. I honestly just make a point not to vape if I see a cop next to me. Will he let me go once I explain? Sure, but, I don't want the hassle.

I believe I was Giant that met a cop on his way to vapercon that asked about his mod and was quite cool about it. It will take time.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The more cops that know about E-cigarettes ....
THE BETTER !!

A couple years ago ...
I was in a shopping center parking lot vaping clouds ... Noticed a cop looking at me.
I boldly walked straight up to him with a big smile on my face, and said ...
"HI ... It's an electronic cigarette ... have ya ever seen one? It got me off real cigarettes
I smoked 2-3 packs a day for 40 years...Want me to show ya how it works ??"

He smiled and said Yes !!
:p

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
The more cops that know about E-cigarettes ....
THE BETTER !!

A couple years ago ...
I was in a shopping center parking lot vaping clouds ... Noticed a cop looking at me.
I boldly walked straight up to him with a big smile on my face, and said ...
"HI ... It's an electronic cigarette ... have ya ever seen one? It got me off real cigarettes
I smoked 2-3 packs a day for 40 years...Want me to show ya how it works ??"

He smiled and said Yes !!

This is a good idea maybe I should go to the local pd and show them some different mods and tanks, just so they have an idea what they might encounter and not make a 60 year old grandma with her ego feel like a dopefiend.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
This is a good idea maybe I should go to the local pd and show them some different mods and tanks, just so they have an idea what they might encounter and not make a 60 year old grandma with her ego feel like a dopefiend.
KUDOS
That is an OUTSTANDING idea !!!
Actually, one of the best ideas I have heard recently !!
:)

PS: buy a cheap disposable locally if you don't have
an analog e-cigarette ... This will be a great visual aid
showing the PD what standard e-cigarettes look like in
comparison to others e-smokers are using !! Explain
they are all the same but some look different and why.
Ask who ever you talk to at the PD to PLEASE share
the information with all the police officers. Tell them
to do a Google Image search for "Electronic cigarette"
They will see tons of images.

Inform them they are legal and the liquid doesn't contain
any illegal stuff ... Actually, I've never heard of it being done
because the batteries are not strong enough to heat (you know what)
to the temperature required to do what some have a mental image.

Goto to the CASAA website: CLICK HERE
Look at the menu at the top of the page ...
Explore CASAA MATERIAL ... and CASAA STORE
lots of free material to print or purchase at a low price
to show the police department .... Heck, for that matter,
anyone questioning e-cigarettes.

Crank up your printer and along with your e-cigarettes for show-n-tell ...
leave with them some printed material which of course many have
references to the CASAA organization ... Which will give you credibility
when talking to the PD.

Thanks again for thinking about this way to educate the Police.
Many have posted their concerns about Police not knowing
about e-cigarettes and Especially not familiar with e-cigarettes
that do NOT look like cigarettes.

Last edited:

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
Here in the UK they were talking about (if they haven't already implemented) a law saying that we can't have anything in our hands whilst driving. This would include mobile phones, Ipods, or cigarettes- they're also planning on banning smoking in cars. Maybe they pulled you over out of curiosity over what you were 'smoking'? Either way, those silver bullets are huge and will affect your capacity to react if a pedestrian walks in front of you or if a car cuts in front of you on the highway. In the UK we would definitely get pulled over for having something that size in our hands...Personally, I find my EgoT is a bit big for driving. On short distances I like my little 510 but I will use my EgoT on long journeys...

Out of curiosity, can you get windscreen chips repaired in the US? I've had one repaired on my windscreen and it only cost me £10 because a lot of insurance companies would rather you do that than claim back the cost of an entire windscreen later on. I love learning the differences between the US and UK!x

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Here in the UK they were talking about (if they haven't already implemented) a law saying that we can't have anything in our hands whilst driving. This would include mobile phones, Ipods, or cigarettes- they're also planning on banning smoking in cars. Maybe they pulled you over out of curiosity over what you were 'smoking'? Either way, those silver bullets are huge and will affect your capacity to react if a pedestrian walks in front of you or if a car cuts in front of you on the highway. In the UK we would definitely get pulled over for having something that size in our hands...Personally, I find my EgoT is a bit big for driving. On short distances I like my little 510 but I will use my EgoT on long journeys...

Out of curiosity, can you get windscreen chips repaired in the US? I've had one repaired on my windscreen and it only cost me £10 because a lot of insurance companies would rather you do that than claim back the cost of an entire windscreen later on. I love learning the differences between the US and UK!x
1-Shock.jpg

I guess that would also include drinking water and eating some chips while driving :p

They're insane !!!
However, the entire "ban happy" world has lost its mind !!

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota

Just to be clear I drive a ten speed semi every night through hills and canyons pulling 3 trailers. I almost never have 2 hands on the steering wheel because I am constantly shifting gears. So when I get into a car I have to have something in my other hand and my sb is perfect. So do they have manual transmissions in the uk of so you will have something in your hand whilst driving. Will they pull you over for shifting gears? Implementing a law that you cannot have anything in your hand while driving is asinine.

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
KUDOS
That is an OUTSTANDING idea !!!
Actually, one of the best ideas I have heard recently !!

PS: buy a cheap disposable locally if you don't have
an analog e-cigarette ... This will be a great visual aid
showing the PD what standard e-cigarettes look like in
comparison to others e-smokers are using !! Explain
they are all the same but some look different and why.
Ask who ever you talk to at the PD to PLEASE share
the information with all the police officers. Tell them
to do a Google Image search for "Electronic cigarette"
They will see tons of images.

Inform them they are legal and the liquid doesn't contain
any illegal stuff ... Actually, I've never heard of it being done
because the batteries are not strong enough to heat (you know what)
to the temperature required to do what some have a mental image.

Goto to the CASAA website: CLICK HERE
Look at the menu at the top of the page ...
Explore CASAA MATERIAL ... and CASAA STORE
lots of free material to print or purchase at a low price
to show the police department .... Heck, for that matter,
anyone questioning e-cigarettes.

Crank up your printer and along with your e-cigarettes for show-n-tell ...
leave with them some printed material which of course many have
references to the CASAA organization ... Which will give you credibility
when talking to the PD.

Thanks again for thinking about this way to educate the Police.
Many have posted their concerns about Police not knowing
about e-cigarettes and Especially not familiar with e-cigarettes
that do NOT look like cigarettes.

These are all great ideas and useful info to take with me I want to have my ducks in a row when I go speak to them.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
These are all great ideas and useful info to take with me I want to have my ducks in a row when I go speak to them.
Walk into the PD with the E-cigs for show-n-tell
and CASAA material for your credibility ... Commands Respect !!

If they give you any flack ...
Tell them your "OFFENDED" ... that should drop their jaws.
Everyone in America today stops dead in their tracks when someone says they
are OFFENDED for fear of being Politically Incorrect and or fear of a possible Law Suit
and Negative PR.

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: old thread & comment not necessary
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread