Happy/Unhappy eGo-T Users: What juice are/were you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilGnome6

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
Chandler, AZ
musicgourmets.com
I suspect that the performance of the eGo-T is closely related to the juice being used. I thought it might be interesting to collect some of the experiences in one thread to see if a pattern arises. If you could, just list the following:

juice vendor(s)
Flavor(s)
juice color (light/medium/dark)
Consistency (thin/medium/thick)
PG/VG ratio(s)
Happy/Unhappy with the performance

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I use several different Juice flavors myself as I am new to this and am learning by trial and error that not all Juice is created equal :D.

1: Menthol Eucalyptus: 80/20 PG/VG Mix Not Bad, a little Strong on the Flavor and sometimes Leaks, Clear, Kinda light thickness.
2: Peppermenthol: 80/20 PG/VG Mix, Excellent Flavor and sometimes Leaks, Clear, Kinda Light thickness.
3: Vanilla Nut Scotch: 80/20 PG/VG Mix, Horrible Burnt Taste! Never Leaked though, Brownish Liquid, Moderate thickness.
4: Cappuccino: 80/20 PG/VG Mix, Heavenly, Just Heavenly Taste, Never Leaks, Brownish Liquid, Moderate thickness.
5: Cappuccino: 100% VG, a little lighter on the flavor but still Wonderful, Vapure Brand,never leaks and lasts a bit longer, Brownish Liquid, Kinda Thick.
6: Fine Cigar (Wife's Flavor): 100% VG, Great smooth Flavor, Vapure Brand, Never Leaks, Light Brown to Copper Color, Moderate thickness.

Hows That?? :D

Nate

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I get ok wicking and no leaking with 80pg/20vg homemade juice (70%pg, 20%vg, 10%pg based flavour) undiluted with alcohol or distilled water. Flavours are fairly muted, but I use the same juices in my Leo and they would be overpowering in the Leo if I added more flavouring. They vary in colour from almost clear to my Jr mint which is a med. dark, not black, but def not light.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm completely pleased with my eGo-t and most of my juice comes from madvapes. They use 70/30 or 80/20 VG/PG but their flavors are alcohol based so the consistency is more like as if it was PG/VG. It's fairly thin juice.

Other than a couple of lousy LR attys, I've experienced zero trouble. The first two attys lasted almost 7 weeks before they started to leak. I never had trouble with them plugging up. I did almost no cleaning. I blew them out between tanks and gave one a hot water bath and blow out to remove a flavor I didn't like.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I use 100% PG with a few drops of menthol added. Probably the lightest juice you could think of.

I never have a problem with burnt taste, and my attys virtually never need cleaning. I get tons of vapor. (Standard resistance, not LR.)

However, I DO have a problem with bad leakage every few days. So I nevr fill the tank all the way up. Perhaps only half way.

Maybe it's --- light juice= no burning but leaking and heavy juice= burning but no leaking ???

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I use 100% PG with a few drops of menthol added. Probably the lightest juice you could think of.

I never have a problem with burnt taste, and my attys virtually never need cleaning. I get tons of vapor. (Standard resistance, not LR.)

However, I DO have a problem with bad leakage every few days. So I nevr fill the tank all the way up. Perhaps only half way.

Maybe it's --- light juice= no burning but leaking and heavy juice= burning but no leaking ???

Generally speaking, due to the design they tend to leak when the tank is less than half full, not when it is more than half full... just an FYI.

As far as juice is concerned, my BWB Menthol Light has been a great liquid in the "T". Doesn't gunk it up and I have yet to clean an atty using this juice.

My Ecopure-based liquid does gunk them up though... but I've been able to clean and recover them over and over again.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I have been using 36 mg. unflavored pg juice in my ego t for the last three weeks. I started this with my 3rd. lr atty.. My 3rd. lr atty. lasted 11 days without any issues, or leaks. It is still functional, but has become harsh and overheats easily. I am going to try and clean it this weekend, since it has never been cleaned. The unflavored pg seems to work great for me, as throat hit is my desire. I'm not into flavors, so the muted flavor everyone talks of is of no concern to me. I will continue to use the unflavored pg for awhile just to see what results I acheive. An added bonus, this juice never turns dark in the tank. Hope this helps. rsmith76

Lisa Dill Thomley

Nov 20, 2010
AL
I have tried EVERYTHING in my ego-T. Mrs. Tee's "bakery" flavors taste burnt in reg. resistance, OK in LR, her fruit flavors work well in both. Kickbass Vapor (my FAV) juice works GREAT in both LR and regular; I usually get their standard 40% VG. I do like the LR atties better overall. Better flavor, more vapor and they seem to last well. I'm using one now about 3 weeks. They also require less cleaning. I think the extra heat could actually be a good thing for them. I have never had leaking. A friend of mine was having terrible leaking; turns out she wasn't putting the cap on the tank correctly :).

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I sold my ego-t, but here's what I thought worked best.
Juice vendor(s): Gourmet Vapes
Flavor(s): minty vanilla, big ice dogs jumpoff, anything menthol
Juice color (light/medium/dark) juice color didn't seem to make a difference in my T's performance
PG/VG ratio(s) 80/20, but 50/50 seemed to work just fine too.

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Unhappy: Freedom Smoke USA 50/50 Hypnotic Mist (Burnt taste, no TH)

Happy: Viking Vapor all PG Butter Rum (Great taste, decent TH)

PG/VG content seems to have something to do with it, also VV mixes their Butter Rum fairly strong which probably accounts for the flavor still coming through. I was dripping this flavor before and it was almost too strong, perfect out of the eGo-T. Been through a whole tank now and no leaks, every hit was consistent.

See how it goes today.

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
My ego T is great for my lighter colored juice and suprisingly the light flavors come through better then the heavy ones. My honeysuckle 70/30 and 50/50 is amazing in the lr t atty. The lr t atty's are way better then the regular ones. Never had any issues with leaking at all. My cinammon on the otherhand clogs my attys bad but cinammon clogs all attys bad so. The taste is muted as well. I have some double strength coming to hopefully fix that problem. All in all I'm satisfied with my ego t. Its not perfect, you give up flavor to get convinence. For me it is worth it to not have to fuss with refilling carts all day.:2c: :)

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
my original eGo-T I used 100% VG on. It flooded all the time. This is now retired.

my eGo-T LR I used 100% VG on. It flooded sometimes, but not enough to abandon like I did the original.

my eGo-T Type B I use 100% VG on. Better than the original, not as good as the LR, but on the good side, it uses less liquid than the LR.

In the end, the LR seems to work the best but goes thru a lot of juice. the Type B is nowhere near as terrible as the original and goes thru less juice, so I like it just fine.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I haven't had any leaks yet on the A's, A-LR or the B's.

I'm using DIY Decadent Vapours - VG Platinum Ice, their Aqueous Glycerin (80:20 - VG:H2O) and flavorings - habana reserve, absinthe, real tabs, ylang ylang, lotus flower, black currant. 11mg. I've gotten a few burnt juice residue on the A-LR using an SE Riva which is unregulated - true 3.7V - ie. 8 Watts. Not a whiff of burn on the B's and no discoloring at all - even on the SE Riva - but regular ohms which meters at 2.1-2.2Ω for me on the A's and B's.

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
I'm going to refrain from naming vendors... but:

All the juices I use work fine in the four atties I've used. They are all between 70/30 and 50/50 PG/VG- the flavors by the way are suspended in PG. So the 50/50 mix is more like 55/45 PG/VG

Cozz I have watched your videos about the eGo-T, sir, and I applaud that you yourself said it was the best vaping experience ever. Everytime I think of that statement, I wonder how my original eGo-T went so horrifically wrong, and even though the newer models are better, still cannot fathom it. :)

crevenew

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Arizona
Wow I'm confused by all the "no leaking" comments in this thread! I have had leaking atty's type A from the get go. However no consistent cause except when they are getting low i.e. tank getting M/T but atty holding plenty of juice.

Anyway I have a lot of sampler bottles except for Cherry 7up from Freedom Smokes I am still in a shopping mode for favorites. Usually try for 80/20VG mix even in samplers.

I don't want to hijack this thread discussion and know and read all the EGO T threads just wondering what would correct my atty leakage across 4 different atty's (rhetorical)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread