Hard draw with 510/808/901 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
I got a ego kit and 3 510to901 adapters so i could use my cartomiers that i had with my kr808 batterys...MY problem is only one of the adapters work the other 2 make it imposible to draw through..I tried adjusting the screw in the center but it dosent help...Is there anything else i can do to make them work?

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Make sure your adapter is fully tight to your eGo batt.

This would push the center contact of the adapter up to the carto.
If this doesnt work, you may need to pull out the center contact of the carto.

Screwing the carto down tight, will block the adapter air holes...so it will block the flow.

If you use the carto many times, the center contact will be depressed, for you having you to screw too tight.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Also, depending on what cartos you have, there may not be an air slot on the carto center contact.

This may effect the airflow w or w/o an adapter.

That's what happened to me. The GP auto battery, however, works either way, because I found that the GP auto battery actually has its own groove across the centerpost.

I just happen to have all manuals from another supplier, and all autos from GP. (This reminds me, I needed to find out, do all the k808 batteries from GP have that groove across the centerpost? Or just the autos? Or just the XLs? )

edit to add: You just already answered, thanks :)
So, now I know: Autos have the groove, manuals do not. (On K808)

Last edited:

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
This reminds me, I needed to find out, do all the k808 batteries from GP have that groove across the centerpost? Or just the autos? Or just the XLs?

Only autos have the deep (or any) groove.
All the manuals have NO groove.

this used in conjunction for the auto switch to work
It would damage or not work correctly if the auto did not have this groove.

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
The cartomiers work good on my v4l batterys so i dont thinks thats the problem...I have 3 adapters with only 1 that works the only thing i can see that might be different is the threads were it screws into the battery..on the 1 that works the threads are wider apart than the threads on the 2 that dont work..if that makes sence.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I think my adaptor is adjustable.
At the moment I'm using a kr8 battery and a 4081 atomizer.

It seems like my adaptor is adjustable so that I can control the airflow:

a) If I screw on the atomizer on first and completely, then the battery, I don't get as much airflow into the atomizer (little or no airflow), and the battery side looks like it's not fully screwed on (but it really is electrically, it's only the external appearance that looks like it's not).

b) Otherwise, If I screw on the battery first and completely, then the atomizer, the atomizer will not completely screw on to the adaptor, and this allows maximum airflow (too much air).

Basically the adaptor seems to be adjustable. The centerpost appears to be able to adapt as the user desires, and this means that the airflow is adjustable when you buy an adaptor.
:thumbs:

Now all I think is needed is for an instruction sheet in a bag which the adaptor is shipped in. I would like to see suppliers include this important info. with the adaptor. I'm glad I found out, but if I hadn't, I would have thought something was wrong with my battery or atomizer, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread