harsh and chemically tasting diy juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

neenjaIis

Dec 16, 2014
cincinnati area
I bundled some 100mg nicotine concentrate and a few new flavor extracts from a site that I wasn't fully acquainted with , now all my juice at any high vg concentration and any nic concentration 3mg to 24mg is absolutely horrid tasting and ridiculously harsh , I can mix 50/50 at 0mg and it is almost smooth and I do not understand why.

neenjaIis

Dec 16, 2014
cincinnati area
Flavorenvy.com is where the nic and flavors were bought the nic was just something to give a whirl with.
all mixes are 10% except fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA which I mix at 2%
I bought
pecan pie -10% mix ratio
gummi bear - has yet to be mixed
bubblegum - 12% mix ratio
fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA - 2% mix ratio

All other flavors are tfa which also come out harsh and chemically even at max vg 3mg when they are normally fine with 18mg with mfs "smoke juice" all flavors have been tried at 60vg/40pg to max vg with the same outcome when any nicotine was applied

neenjaIis

Dec 16, 2014
cincinnati area
Dripping and delta II at various nic levels , it doesn't matter the concentration of nicotine at this point even at 1mg it's ridiculously harsh and chemically if I mix 50/50 with no nicotine it's not bad but if I put 3mg I'm the liquid it is UN vapeable , the nicotine is a sickly yellow color and smells like an old ring seal on a toilet.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Flavorenvy.com is where the nic and flavors were bought the nic was just something to give a whirl with.
all mixes are 10% except fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA which I mix at 2%
I bought
pecan pie -10% mix ratio
gummi bear - has yet to be mixed
bubblegum - 12% mix ratio
fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA - 2% mix ratio

All other flavors are tfa which also come out harsh and chemically even at max vg 3mg when they are normally fine with 18mg with mfs "smoke juice" all flavors have been tried at 60vg/40pg to max vg with the same outcome when any nicotine was applied

First thing to do is to make an Unflavored Batch at the mg level and PG:VG ratio that you Normally vape and then test it for Taste.

If it is Relatively Tasteless, then you can Rule of the Nicotine Base being the Problem.

But from what you said the Nicotine Base Smells like, it is Most Likely the Nicotine base.

neenjaIis

Dec 16, 2014
cincinnati area
First thing to do is to make an Unflavored Batch at the mg level and PG:VG ratio that you Normally vape and then test it for Taste.

If it is Relatively Tasteless, then you can Rule of the Nicotine Base being the Problem.

But from what you said the Nicotine Base Smells like, it is Most Likely the Nicotine base.

I mixed 80/20 vg @ 10mg and it's clean , added 10% pecan pie and the chemically musky taste rears it's ugly face now to try the other flavors

neenjaIis

Dec 16, 2014
cincinnati area
I mixed 80/20 vg @ 10mg and it's clean , added 10% pecan pie and the chemically musky taste rears it's ugly face now to try the other flavors

All other flavors have been tried and the harshness is gone at 3-12% the chemically musky taste is still there but not as strong , I think the flavors needed to be aired out

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Well if the Unflavored tastes Clean, then it Isn't your Nicotine Base.

Sounds like it is that Pecan Pie flavoring.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Are you using only one flavor at a time to mix?

Many recipes will taste terrible until you blend several flavors together.

Spend a little time reading the huge TFA thread HERE and you will get the idea.

....or just check out Bill's blog for the short version to get you up to speed... Here's the link

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I think its your flavours and what you are doing lol

Tell me ... are you vapeing this right after mixing !!! ???

You need to shake the ever loving heck out of them and then let them sit over night, then open and shake again and lwt them sit again and after a week like magic a whole new taste will apear lol

To speed things up i let sit over night then bring my bottles in work and set the sonic cleaner on high heat and hifg vibe and toss the bottles in for an hour and then let them cool on my workbench, litteraly when they reach room temp they are vapeable with relitivly no perfume chem taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread