Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I just got my first HHV order in. I tasted all 8 in a dripping atty and felt most needed to steep a bit as expected but a couple, Cinful Apple and Bah-In seemed good out of the mailer. I loaded them up in a pair of REO vv bottom feeders and even though they are only 12mg the throat hit is extremely strong. I have been vaping about 7 months so it's not a newbie thing.

I am just wondering if it is my setup or if they need to steep a bit or if it is just a HHV thing with the harsh throat hit.

I hate to lose flavor by diluting with vg but I can barely vape this stuff as is. Suggestions?

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
I just got my first HHV order in. I tasted all 8 in a dripping atty and felt most needed to steep a bit as expected but a couple, Cinful Apple and Bah-In seemed good out of the mailer. I loaded them up in a pair of REO vv bottom feeders and even though they are only 12mg the throat hit is extremely strong. I have been vaping about 7 months so it's not a newbie thing.

I am just wondering if it is my setup or if they need to steep a bit or if it is just a HHV thing with the harsh throat hit.

I hate to lose flavor by diluting with vg but I can barely vape this stuff as is. Suggestions?

Hit us with a bit more info. What nic & PG/VG? What kind of drip atty? Resistance? Voltage? Were those the only two flavors you had? I had Cinful Pear at 15mg 60PG/40VG and the TH was too much for me so I ended up reducing the nic level to 12mg and the PG down to 30%. It was much better. I think it's either the fruit extract or the cinnamon which was giving such a strong TH. YMMV. Currently I vape at 12mg 30PG/70VG, and everything is perfect. The TH is still there but not overpowering.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I got 70/30 pg/vg at 12 mg. Got a PM with some info from HHV that it almost assuredly is the need to steep for a bit and I can tell now just a day later they are a touch smoother. I appreciate the feedback everyone. I am pretty sure a couple days with the lids off and they will be right as rain.

Good possibility Rat. You might of received a nasty dose of extracting alcohol left in the juice. Even a day will help get rid of the alcohol.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A week will help more. And two weeks is even better. HHV NETs benefit tremendously from a 2 - 4 week steep.

Trust me - It's worth the wait.

He was complaining about a strong throat hit Pap. It was new juice so it was thought he might have gotten nailed with some extracting alcohol. That doesn't take too long to evaporate with caps off. But as for steeping, I agree. The longer the better as it pertains to HHV (and most NETS). No doubt! definitely worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread