Has anyone else had bad acne since vaping? It's not "quit zits"

Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I will be seeing the doc soon - but I have read so many posts and it seems to me (I probably totally wrong) that mostly high VG% vapers seem to be complaining of acne - just like me - 100% VG. Plus I just read "Humans metabolize glycerol into a form of triglycerides" - OMG - why me? My triglycerides are high anyway - oh dang - my doc is gonna put me on meds for sure now........unluky me :mad:

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks for the great information - I am assuming most doctors are aware of the saliva test?

You're welcome! :)

Nope. They want to do the expensive, $500 blood test that basically tells you nothing (like mine did). Find a holistic doctor or a chiro, or just do the test yourself by purchasing it online and sending it back to a lab that'll give you your results.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Plus I just read "Humans metabolize glycerol into a form of triglycerides" -

Does anyone have information on lipid testing for triglyceride cholesterol as it relates to nic juice with VG?

I need to know, as I'm being monitored for high cholesterol, improved mine by an ungodly amount by giving up dairy and wheat, and don't want doctor to put me on statins!

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
You know what helped my acne situation? Not using soap on my face very often. I only rinse my face with hot water. At first the acne got worse, but after about a week it was all better. I think the whole face wash thing dried my skin out too much. Just my experience. I don't have a pimple in site and I used to look like my face was a slice of cheap pizza.

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
You know what helped my acne situation? Not using soap on my face very often. I only rinse my face with hot water. At first the acne got worse, but after about a week it was all better. I think the whole face wash thing dried my skin out too much. Just my experience. I don't have a pimple in site and I used to look like my face was a slice of cheap pizza.

I agree completely! I've totally stopped using any soap on my face and my skin is so much better than it ever was! It was always dry and itchy in some places but oily on the nose and forehead, now I wash my face with organic honey only and cool water and it's like it's balanced everything out.
Scrubbing with soap can remove too much oil, which causes your skin to produce more. Using honey or just water seems like it won't clean you but it will. Just a note for LOLdude, don't use super hot water on your face, it can damage your capillaries and cause redness and dry it out a bit, it's best to use warm water and then rinse with cool at the end. You can scrub lightly with a washcloth if you want a bit of extra cleaning power :)

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
I agree completely! I've totally stopped using any soap on my face and my skin is so much better than it ever was! It was always dry and itchy in some places but oily on the nose and forehead, now I wash my face with organic honey only and cool water and it's like it's balanced everything out.
Scrubbing with soap can remove too much oil, which causes your skin to produce more. Using honey or just water seems like it won't clean you but it will. Just a note for LOLdude, don't use super hot water on your face, it can damage your capillaries and cause redness and dry it out a bit, it's best to use warm water and then rinse with cool at the end. You can scrub lightly with a washcloth if you want a bit of extra cleaning power :)

Well by hot water I meant I rinse it with the water while I'm showering. :p

wood duck

Feb 15, 2011
Australia
Ok results are back.
I'm a 40 year old male with less active testosterone than what I should have. In fact I'm in the red zone on the graph in the test results.
So I'm going to see my doc about it as soon as I get a chance.
Meanwhile I had a look online about improving testosterone levels and there was one thing that I could do about it without any professional medical advice.
Diet to improve testosterone levels. 2 simple rules . 1 Less carbohydrates more greens. 2 eat 2 boiled eggs a day in between meals.
I'd thought I had a fairly healthy diet and I already eat a lot of greens as salad is my favourite food. Buti love my carbohydrates too and being very skinny never had a reason not to over eat on bread, rice, potatoes, pasta...etc.

So I'm a week into my new diet and the results are surprising.
My skin, scalp and hair are far less oily and zits are receding quite markedly.

I'd just like to say thanks to Pheisty for alerting me to the hormonal imbalances aspect as it seems any attempt to address the imbalance can have a marked impact on quality of life for me and possibly many other long term acne sufferers.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Ok results are back.
I'm a 40 year old male with less active testosterone than what I should have. In fact I'm in the red zone on the graph in the test results.
So I'm going to see my doc about it as soon as I get a chance.
Meanwhile I had a look online about improving testosterone levels and there was one thing that I could do about it without any professional medical advice.
Diet to improve testosterone levels. 2 simple rules . 1 Less carbohydrates more greens. 2 eat 2 boiled eggs a day in between meals.
I'd thought I had a fairly healthy diet and I already eat a lot of greens as salad is my favourite food. Buti love my carbohydrates too and being very skinny never had a reason not to over eat on bread, rice, potatoes, pasta...etc.

So I'm a week into my new diet and the results are surprising.
My skin, scalp and hair are far less oily and zits are receding quite markedly.

I'd just like to say thanks to Pheisty for alerting me to the hormonal imbalances aspect as it seems any attempt to address the imbalance can have a marked impact on quality of life for me and possibly many other long term acne sufferers.

Oh, Wood Duck! I'm so happy for you that you're now on the road to healing your body and that your test has revealed what you need to do next. :) I couldn't be more excited for you!!!

I've also come across some new developments that it seems you may have already discovered... Gluten and Wheat-Free living helps tremendously with hormonal issues and acne. Since I last posted (about a month ago?) I have given up all gluten and grain-containing foods. Guess what? I don't have a single pimple on my face. Not only that, but I feel amazing and have lost 8 pounds that I haven't been able to lose, no matter how much I exercised and watched what I ate.

Please consider reading 'Wheat Belly' by Dr. William Davis. Amazing and life-changing.

The best of luck to you and please post how you're getting along! :)

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
El Diablo Marrón;7844869 said:
I figure it's the VG..make my forehead real greasy.
I don't have acne, but being 42 i thought my zit days where over.
But i get em on the greasy spots.
been vaping for over a year..so i know hey aren't quit zits.

I can pretty much promise you that it's not the VG, El Diablo. Do this test: Remove any wheat or gluten from your diet for two weeks and see what happens. I am 99% certain that it will improve...that is, so long as your VG liquid is gluten-free.

Looking back now, I can see that when I quit smoking, my intolerance to gluten and modern-day genetically-modified wheat reared its ugly head. Smoking had suppressed my body's ability to expel and fight-off the immune responses to wheat and had also suppressed hormone production. Not surprisingly, when I quit smoking, both my hormones and my immune response went into overdrive. It was a perfect storm for acne and other issues, including anxiety, heart palpitations, inability to concentrate or sleep soundly, and aches and pains that made me miserable a good part of the time. But the worst was the acne. Almost overnight after quitting smoking, I started to develop boils on my body and painful cysts along my neck and jawline. My skin was like an oil slick. I was devastated because here I thought I was doing so much for my health, and expected that I would immediately start getting healthy.

Well, looking back, I know now that when I quit smoking, I took the advice that so many doctors and health-nuts give: Eat plenty of "healthy" grains. The problem is, today's "healthy" grains are derived from a .......ized, hybrid version of wheat. Our bodies don't know how to process them, and they leak from our intestines into our blood, where many of our bodies try to get rid of them...often resulting in acne and/or a host of other health issues...such as hormonal imbalances.

I would encourage any ex-smokers with health issues, including acne, to simply eliminate wheat and wheat by-products from your diet for just two weeks and watch your response. It's much cheaper than going to the doctor and my guess is that you'll likely see a marked improvement in not only your acne, but your overall well-being.

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
I can pretty much promise you that it's not the VG, El Diablo. Do this test: Remove any wheat or gluten from your diet for two weeks and see what happens. I am 99% certain that it will improve...that is, so long as your VG liquid is gluten-free.

I have been a vegetarian for about 5 years, and the only grains i eat are ancient grains, and i eat more vegetables than a rabbit.
And I only eat something with gluten once a month if that.
I started making my own eliquid about a month and a half ago. and this last week i upped the PG and lowered the VG and notice i am not getting the "greasy" forehead anymore. :)

Sincronicity

Oct 13, 2012
Bug Tussle
Since PG and VG is used in making soaps and cosmetics, I just slather on the ejuice and rub it in. Not really. I don't have a problem with acne. I don't know if it's from the juices that you sometimes pick up when mixing a bottle or filling a mizer, but the palms of my hands or between the fingers will itch. I'm guessing it is the juice. Maybe you were getting some of the stuff on your fingers without knowing it and later touching your face and head?

wood duck

Feb 15, 2011
Australia
Since PG and VG is used in making soaps and cosmetics, I just slather on the ejuice and rub it in. Not really. I don't have a problem with acne. I don't know if it's from the juices that you sometimes pick up when mixing a bottle or filling a mizer, but the palms of my hands or between the fingers will itch. I'm guessing it is the juice. Maybe you were getting some of the stuff on your fingers without knowing it and later touching your face and head?
Even all over my back???
Sorry just realised you referred to Diablo please ignore.

Last edited:

wood duck

Feb 15, 2011
Australia
Oh, Wood Duck! I'm so happy for you that you're now on the road to healing your body and that your test has revealed what you need to do next. :) I couldn't be more excited for you!!!

I've also come across some new developments that it seems you may have already discovered... Gluten and Wheat-Free living helps tremendously with hormonal issues and acne. Since I last posted (about a month ago?) I have given up all gluten and grain-containing foods. Guess what? I don't have a single pimple on my face. Not only that, but I feel amazing and have lost 8 pounds that I haven't been able to lose, no matter how much I exercised and watched what I ate.

Please consider reading 'Wheat Belly' by Dr. William Davis. Amazing and life-changing.

The best of luck to you and please post how you're getting along! :)

Thanks for caring Pheisty.

Since my last post I haven't achieved a perfect complection but I have discovered that prawns (shrimp) or possibly crayfish in general have a huge impact on my skin as well. A discovery only made possible by improvements in my skin from my new diet.
Now that I know about that as well I hopefully will get rid of these last couple of zits.

The transformation in general is amazing though as I now have only 2 or 3 zits on my face . When I first read your posts I had at least 15 of the small open sore type ones and at least a few blinders.

I will also read about this wheat belly guy thanks for the tip.

For me though I think it is carbohydrates in all it's forms as switching to wheat free bread and organic rice cakes made little difference before I got my hormone test back. This may be because it was not addressing the hormonal imbalance aspect of my problem.

One thing I will say is that it's a lot of work eating enough food now. At my lunch break today I sat down to eat and worked my way through my lunch and by the time lunch break was over I was still eating so I did not even feel like I had a break. I work a very physical job and need plenty of energy and without carbs I'm flagging behind the others a bit before lunch and end of the day.

Still a price I will gladly pay to be acne free.

Again thanks to you Pheisty.

Jonesey

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
Thanks for caring Pheisty.

Since my last post I haven't achieved a perfect complection but I have discovered that prawns (shrimp) or possibly crayfish in general have a huge impact on my skin as well. A discovery only made possible by improvements in my skin from my new diet.
Now that I know about that as well I hopefully will get rid of these last couple of zits.

The transformation in general is amazing though as I now have only 2 or 3 zits on my face . When I first read your posts I had at least 15 of the small open sore type ones and at least a few blinders.

I will also read about this wheat belly guy thanks for the tip.

For me though I think it is carbohydrates in all it's forms as switching to wheat free bread and organic rice cakes made little difference before I got my hormone test back. This may be because it was not addressing the hormonal imbalance aspect of my problem.

One thing I will say is that it's a lot of work eating enough food now. At my lunch break today I sat down to eat and worked my way through my lunch and by the time lunch break was over I was still eating so I did not even feel like I had a break. I work a very physical job and need plenty of energy and without carbs I'm flagging behind the others a bit before lunch and end of the day.

Still a price I will gladly pay to be acne free.

Again thanks to you Pheisty.

Glad you're feeling so much better Wood duck! Have you tried adding nuts and seeds to your menu? They are high calorie but provide tremendous energy and really fill you up.

My almost 15yr old daughter has raging hormones and hormonal breakouts. Can't do much about that, but I bought this device called an oxylift ( https://oxylift.ca/ ) and while it didn't do as much for my wrinkles as I'd hoped for it is amazing for skin issues. There was a visible difference the very first time we used it and it really drives in the pimple cream (she only uses OTC ones now). Oftentimes a zit will actually 'pop' while we're 'buzzing' (as my daughter calls it) and is half way to completely healed by the next morning. There's another one called dermawand that's cheaper so if this one breaks down that's what I'd get next. I highly recommend it along with the diet and testing. I'd love to look into all of that as I'm getting older and my hormone supply is going down.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I made a post about year ago about this and up until now I haven't really found anything concrete. I don't normally visit this section of the forum. I am glad I did. I have this exact problem. My wife contributed it to an oily T section as my forehead and nose get it bad. Tops of my cheek bones are bad also along with my back. I hate it. I am going to try the hormonal thing you are mentioning Pheisty. Up until now, this has never crossed my mind as to what it might be. Always just contributed it to the vapor coming back on my face and making it oily, which does not explain the back issue, lol.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Just curious. Anyone have this acne problem on their back? I have seldom had face acne but have had it on my back so bad I had to have the cysts cut out. I have no doubt, reading this thread, that heavy smoking was a factor. It will be interesting to see if that problem goes away with vaping like so many of my health problems have.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Just curious. Anyone have this acne problem on their back? I have seldom had face acne but have had it on my back so bad I had to have the cysts cut out. I have no doubt, reading this thread, that heavy smoking was a factor. It will be interesting to see if that problem goes away with vaping like so many of my health problems have.

Me - back n chest - i vape 100% vg and today switched to pg/vg mix and gonna see if it is the vg causing em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread