Has anyone returned a multi meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
Is it possible to check voltage using the same type of meter as dana a? i have a variable voltage box mod so im trying to read the voltage output of the box. thanks in advance guys!

You can use the multimeter to check the unloaded voltage of the battery/mod yes. Just set the meter to the DC Volts setting (marked in the photo I linked). Put the black lead against the outer screw threads and the read lead to the center post and activate the mod.

*Note* Be careful you don't accidentally touch the leads together or you will short out the battery. Depending on the protections of the mod and/or batteries, extremely bad things can happen.

It's also worth mentioning that this will only work for the unloaded voltage. The voltage will drop considerably when a load (atty/carto) is connected unless you're talking about a regulated mod (Darwin, Provari etc.) The only way to check the loaded voltage would be to use an inline module between the mod and atty/carto that either reads the voltage or has leads that you can connect the multimeter to.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
Not meaning to hijack your thread Dana, so hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions. :) I'm trying to work with my multimeter which was also very confusing to me.

When I turn my multimeter to ohms, it has a reading of one. After I touch the terminals together, it moves up and down until it settles on .5. Is the .5 the number I subtract from my ohm reading or is it the "one"?

Once that's established, how do I interpret the reading with regard to the health of my atty? I have some standard resistance attys that have low readings like 2.3. Once I subtract the .5, the reading would be 1.8. What should the numbers be to indicate the atty is underperforming and should then be swapped out?

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
I returned several to Harbor freight. They just wouldn't zero. I'd advise against them if you want quality and durability. I'm also bidding on an ultrasonic cleaner on eBay this week 'cause my harbor freight model bit the dust. Just pretty lights and a little noise. "I'm sorry, the warranty for that has expired." :eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread