has anyone tried a "phase-in" nicotine approach to transitioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Has anyone ever started with a low nicotine e-liquid, like 6mg, and worked up until they quit smoking?

I'm just wondering if that might be the approach for me, especially as I have issues with being nic-sick. I never get sick from cigarettes but I have experienced that with NRT.

When I first started vaping, it was with an Ego knockoff on eBay, 0 mg juice. My next purchase was a Blu kit, and I got sick on the 16mg cartridges (stomach churning if I tried to smoke like a regular cigarette), so I went back to smoking regular cigs.

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I kind of did, accidentally. I started at 12, which didn't do much of anything for me. Then I went to 18 and mostly stopped smoking. Had to go to 26 to completely stop. Then I went back to 18, hit a lot of stress, had to go back up. Now I'm heading back down, but in no hurry at all.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I can do both since I was more Concerned about just getting my "fix" as compared to making clouds. Say, I need 20-22mg nic but I don't know it. If I get 18mg nic, and I just vape when I have the urge, I vape more. If I have 24mg nic, I find that I vape less. When I say "vape", I mean taking 2-3 draws and stopping.

If someone handed me a 6mg liquid, I probably wouldn't be taking the vaporizer out of my mouth :)

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
I started at 16 and just moved to 12 and I can tell. I'm hoping this gets easier soon. When I was on 16 I vaped some 0 and thought ok this is good! No problem, I can go to 12... yeah ok LOL!

That was where I fell off the wagon after 7.5 weeks. Was going great with 18 then tried dropping to 12 and it was just too much of a drop and I relapsed back to my ol' friend. Moving in a week up to Wisconsin so that is when I will be quitting smoking since I'll have no job to spend money on cigs. Got my AGA-T running like a champ and a couple IBTanks and going to stock up on some juice until I can find a decent B&M if one is available or end up ordering online.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
My theory is that I just need to vape more, then it'll become a habit, and 6mg will let me do that easier than 12mg. I think I'll load up some of my clearo's with 6mg juice and save the 12mg for my cig-a-likes.

I guess I don't see the point of increasing the nic level if 6mg is working for you. :confused:

Why not just stick with 6mg and maybe get a couple bottles with a higher mg to get you through the rough spots?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I got sick from 18mg and 12mg; when I tried 6mg it worked great, I quit smoking. Then I discovered that if I wanted to STAY quit smoking, I needed a little more, so I started mixing up my own 8mg; the most recent I mixed up was 9mg, to try and get a little more throat hit without making myself ill by using the 12mg.

Oh, and I start the day at about 10mg, for about 45 mins, then drop back to 9; after dinner, I drop back to 6mg so i can go to sleep and not have a pounding heart.

Andria

rez667

Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Philadephia
I got sick from 18mg and 12mg; when I tried 6mg it worked great, I quit smoking. Then I discovered that if I wanted to STAY quit smoking, I needed a little more, so I started mixing up my own 8mg; the most recent I mixed up was 9mg, to try and get a little more throat hit without making myself ill by using the 12mg.

Oh, and I start the day at about 10mg, for about 45 mins, then drop back to 9; after dinner, I drop back to 6mg so i can go to sleep and not have a pounding heart.

Andria

You can get better throat hits with increasing PG and leaving the nic level the same.

-Rez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You can get better throat hits with increasing PG and leaving the nic level the same.

Well, if I increase it beyond the 85% I'm currently using, I doubt there would be much vapor at all, and I already find it just a *little* thin, but that's ok, because the thick, VG clouds just choke me, then sit on my lungs like lead weights.

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Take advice, but then fit it to your personal situation.
We are all different, no matter what THEY want you to believe.

And by THEY I don't mean the posters here.

We are NOT all just nothing but nicotine addicts.
We are smokers/former smokers who are trying to find what works best for us to stop smoking so much.

It can be anything.

For some it is more nicotine.
For some it is less nicotine.

For some it is having multiple options for different times of the day.

For some it is vaping more often.
For some it is vaping less often.

For some it is better equipment that is more reliable...
Or gives a better throat hit...
Or delivers more nicotine...
Or better flavor.

For some it is different juice with a different PG/VG ratio.

For some it is better flavors that make them happy.

For some it is deciding never to smoke another cigarette ever again.
For some it is having one and finding you no longer like them.

This is most definitely NOT one size fits all.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread