The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Has the ECF member DB been lifted?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by Ipster, Feb 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've always felt confident that ecf isnt going to sell my membership info to vendors.
    I've had years of rewarding sharing, learning, fun in the forum.
    Today however I had my email (the one I used to register here) clearly targeted
    with a sales pitch from E-Cigarette Forum.
    No doubt about it,scroll down the eMail to see only purchase choices for unwanted products
    from $19.99 USD to $54.99 USD.

I love the forum, the members, the updates on legislation, news, and so much more.
    Please please PLEASE dont try to sell me unrequested products through the sites good name.

I object.
    I do not want to add e-cigarette forum address to spam,
    because I DO want actual newsletters, administrative info,
    surveys' are OK if voluntary and through the forum.

I hope you understand, it raises the "oh, No!, I hope they didnt sell my eMail" alarm bell.
    If I'm overly alarmed, or mistook the front of a newsletter advert for advert alone - then someone needs
    tell me where to find the "news" in the newsletter. All I received was Products For Sale Advert using your
    return address. (newsletter@e-cigarette-forum.com) 10 Feb 2017.

• Like Like x 7
  2. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I received an ad just a little while ago, I unsubscribed.

• Like Like x 4
  3. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    If you look at the top of the forum, you'll see a link to Vaping.com. The two sites are very related and both are owned by the ECF management.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    I also was alarmed when I seen it in my email a few minutes ago and was annoyed. A good site going into the gutter for profit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toots

Toots Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2009
    USA
    I had looked at them as a trusted vendor in the past because of the ECF affiliation. What might have been a viable source of products, has become nothing more than a nuisance and a pest. I would never look at them now for anything. It is, in my opinion, a shameless abuse of the forum members.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    I marked it a spam.:spam:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yes retired1 I did see the Vaping.com link. i felt it was a moot point, as both are same address/ ECF.
    I'm surmising we all must un-subscribe from the newsletter to avoid Advert only mailings.
    TYVM for reply.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jamie

jamie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 3, 2008
    USA
    I realize this thread is a few months old... that makes it all the more sad to open it and not find any explanatory reply from site mgmt.

• Like Like x 3
  9. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    There is an option in your profile that designates whether you wish to receive mailings from ECF or not. These emails have advertising space available to ECF suppliers. Bear in mind, it's advertising revenue that keeps this site open. So there's no hanky panky going on, nothing has been compromised, and when it comes down to it, each member decides whether they wish to receive mailings from the site or not receive them.

For those of you that are receiving these emails, you asked to receive them.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.