Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I've always felt confident that ecf isnt going to sell my membership info to vendors.
I've had years of rewarding sharing, learning, fun in the forum.
Today however I had my email (the one I used to register here) clearly targeted
with a sales pitch from E-Cigarette Forum.
No doubt about it,scroll down the eMail to see only purchase choices for unwanted products
from $19.99 USD to $54.99 USD.

I love the forum, the members, the updates on legislation, news, and so much more.
Please please PLEASE dont try to sell me unrequested products through the sites good name.

I object.
I do not want to add e-cigarette forum address to spam,
because I DO want actual newsletters, administrative info,
surveys' are OK if voluntary and through the forum.

I hope you understand, it raises the "oh, No!, I hope they didnt sell my eMail" alarm bell.
If I'm overly alarmed, or mistook the front of a newsletter advert for advert alone - then someone needs
tell me where to find the "news" in the newsletter. All I received was Products For Sale Advert using your
return address. (newsletter@e-cigarette-forum.com) 10 Feb 2017.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I had looked at them as a trusted vendor in the past because of the ECF affiliation. What might have been a viable source of products, has become nothing more than a nuisance and a pest. I would never look at them now for anything. It is, in my opinion, a shameless abuse of the forum members.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
If you look at the top of the forum, you'll see a link to Vaping.com. The two sites are very related and both are owned by the ECF management.
Yes retired1 I did see the Vaping.com link. i felt it was a moot point, as both are same address/ ECF.
I'm surmising we all must un-subscribe from the newsletter to avoid Advert only mailings.
TYVM for reply.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There is an option in your profile that designates whether you wish to receive mailings from ECF or not. These emails have advertising space available to ECF suppliers. Bear in mind, it's advertising revenue that keeps this site open. So there's no hanky panky going on, nothing has been compromised, and when it comes down to it, each member decides whether they wish to receive mailings from the site or not receive them.

For those of you that are receiving these emails, you asked to receive them.

Reactions: Ipster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread