has this been done yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
Got tired of my twisted 28g. setup last night. Thought about something different and took a go at it. Instead of drill twisting the wire, I wrapped two wires side by side. Put the two wires in vice grips, made sure there was no twist in the wire. Put vice grips between legs to make sure it didn't twist. Used a 2 mm. scewdriver and rolled it to produce coils. Its a 6 wrap that came in at .6 ohm(what my twisted comes in at) Nic hit is instant and intense! Throat hit is better, not uncomfortable. Flavor is also better. Was just wondering if its a new discovery, or did I just revamp a dinosaur? Gotta do another to make her a little more pretty.

2014-03-17 11.12.22.jpg

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
2.2 mm. I would imaging using a bigger gauge wire would help. I ended up with too many windings and it stayed too hot after I stopped firing. Tried a 2.4mm id. coil with same results. Maybe I will give it another go tonight, let me know what you ended up with

Fast forward some kanthal and time, got it to work on the 2mm. Id by putting the wick tails under the coil. I usually don't do that but it works great to help keep that coil in check:vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread