The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

has this been done yet?

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by Jjshbetz11, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jjshbetz11

Jjshbetz11 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Got tired of my twisted 28g. setup last night. Thought about something different and took a go at it. Instead of drill twisting the wire, I wrapped two wires side by side. Put the two wires in vice grips, made sure there was no twist in the wire. Put vice grips between legs to make sure it didn't twist. Used a 2 mm. scewdriver and rolled it to produce coils. Its a 6 wrap that came in at .6 ohm(what my twisted comes in at) Nic hit is instant and intense! Throat hit is better, not uncomfortable. Flavor is also better. Was just wondering if its a new discovery, or did I just revamp a dinosaur? Gotta do another to make her a little more pretty.

2014-03-17 11.12.22.jpg

2. TrolleyVW

TrolleyVW Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    I've seen this before. It's a parallel build. I have been meaning to try this as a different means of achieving quad coil characteristics without the headaches of actually quad coiling. By the sound of it, I'd say it's worth a shot.

3. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Make sure ya got big airholes, I couldn't cool the coil enough to have the cotton keep up. When it did was the best vape I had so far

4. deedupdex

deedupdex Senior Member ECF Veteran

yep parallel has been around its a very good build

5. TrolleyVW

Dec 19, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    What size are you using on that particular one?

6. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    2.2 mm. I would imaging using a bigger gauge wire would help. I ended up with too many windings and it stayed too hot after I stopped firing. Tried a 2.4mm id. coil with same results. Maybe I will give it another go tonight, let me know what you ended up with

Fast forward some kanthal and time, got it to work on the 2mm. Id by putting the wick tails under the coil. I usually don't do that but it works great to help keep that coil in check:vapor:

7. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Le working parallel coil
    20140317_220132.jpg

Never thought I would find a vape better than twisted, I was wrong

8. TrolleyVW

Dec 19, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    [​IMG]

This is my first attempt. Came out to .27. It's 6/12 of 28g around 5/64th bit. I now know exactly what you meant by the wick not keeping up.

9. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    I just compensated with lots of cotton under the coil, worked like a charm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.