Hate poly-fill. What's the best clearo that won't break the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Alabama
I have a stardust, but supplies are limited everywhere, if available...and price varies from 5.00 and up. (plus shipping)

So, what have you long time vapers had a lot of success with, and what should I steer clear of? I've used the Clear eGo Cartomizers from esmokeytreats, and I love them, and they average $2-3 each, depending on sales running, but they have decided not to stock them anymore, as they are now also selling the stardust...

I just don't like cartos with filler, so looking for some help.

Thanks!!!

Jagellpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Tacoma, WA
My local vape shop, The Vaporium in lakewood Washington, just got in the Stone tank V3. I picked one up and OMG it is fantastic!

I am using it on my Inferno 1000mAh EGO batt. The ohms are perfect.

I have seen that GotVapes has them, and have been tempted to try them for a while. Just my luck, my favorite shop now has them.

Here is a link to it at GotVapes, check it out!

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=151_141&products_id=622

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

maximaseefu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
My local vape shop, The Vaporium in lakewood Washington, just got in the Stone Tank V3. I picked one up and OMG it is fantastic!

I am using it on my Inferno 1000mAh EGO batt. The ohms are perfect.

I have seen that GotVapes has them, and have been tempted to try them for a while. Just my luck, my favorite shop now has them.

Here is a link to it at GotVapes, check it out!

GotVapes VISION Stone II 5ml Tank 2.1-2.3ohms - WHITE Drip Tip [gv-VISIONStoneII-5mlWHITE] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a V2 according to their site, plus its out of stock.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Got Vapes has like 6-8 different types of fillerless cartomizers in like 5-6 different sizes ...
try this page GotVapes™ Cartomizers : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

...so far I prefer the extreme Visions (Giant size) & the fluxomizers ....but the tanks are cool too !!

good luck in your quest ........ oh & I do believe the V3's are in ,but maybe NOT up on site yet ...update info in their forum ...http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/

Last edited:

rock_lobsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
I’m going to hijack this thread to ask a question about these Stardust’s I keep hearing about. I’ve never vaped on anything that didn’t have poly-fill so I think it’s in my best interest to try something without poly-fill and see which I like better. Could someone further explain what exactly a Stardust is? I’d also like to get my hands on one. Is there a well-reviewed brand or online store that carries them?

Corley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Alabama
Rock_lobsterrr, you can see one by looking at the link from Thrall, above. They are a top coil device with wicking that supplies juice to the coil through the wicking. There's a tank like structure around a center post area. They work great...I'm just looking for something on the lower $ end for tasting new stuff, etc. I don't do the dripping thing to try new juices, so...

werkkrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Philadelphia
www.werkkrew.com
I’m going to hijack this thread to ask a question about these Stardust’s I keep hearing about. I’ve never vaped on anything that didn’t have poly-fill so I think it’s in my best interest to try something without poly-fill and see which I like better. Could someone further explain what exactly a Stardust is? I’d also like to get my hands on one. Is there a well-reviewed brand or online store that carries them?

The Stardust is a tank sort of mod designed specifically for eGo style connections. Its got two little wicks near the top and a clear tank. I got mine here, which also shows some good pictures:

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer

The big complaint most people seem to have with them is that the wicks are near the top and can dry out. I haven't experienced this because I tend to fiddle with my ego constantly and roll it around, which consequently keeps the wicks nice and wet.

So far I can say they work pretty great, and they are my go-to setup on an eGo when I am at work or in the car.

Not to hijack the thread further, but I have a quick question about the stone tanks...what do you replace the internals with? Most tanks you slide a carto in, these look like something special. Is the entire unit intended to be disposable? That seems like a terrible waste.

Some more options for the OP in terms of "carts" without poly-fill:

CE2 - http://www.avidvaper.com/categories/Cartomizers/CE2-Cartomizers/
CE3 - http://www.avidvaper.com/royal-smoker-ce3-clearomizers/
G4 - http://www.avidvaper.com/categories/Cartomizers/G4-Cartomizers/

Basically a search for "clearomizer" would show you what I think you are looking for. None seem to be down in the $2-3 range though, mostly around $5.

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
stardusts $5.95 pics info & video
GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust™ 1.6ml Top Coil Carto 2.5-2.8 ohm [gv-visionstardust-2.5] - $5.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more & I just saw the announcement ...New everyday price on our Stardusts with Stardust in colors coming within a week. :D

fluxomisers /clearomisers 5/$11.95 FLüXomizer™ 510 Clearomizer : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

GV will have they replacement insides for the stone tanks in a few days discussion & pics here > http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/275505-when-will-you-get-vision-stone-2-innards.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread