Have to send my brand new ProVari back......:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagon52

Verified Member
I got my new ProVari 2.5 on Friday after waiting a week for it to get here. The AW 18650 that I bought with it wouldn't power it up at all. The 18490 would work, but only if I fiddled with it. The Efest 18650 that I already had worked fine though. I emailed them and told them about the problem and they answered pretty quickly. They told me to clean the contacts and threads on the caps as well as pulling on the spring. I did all that and I got the 18490 to work flawlessly, but no matter what I did the 18650 would not power it up. I emailed them again and they told me that they thought it was best for me to send it back in and have them look at it. I really, really, really, really hate to send it back to them since I have only had it for a few days and I LOVE IT!!! (With the exception of the battery issue of course.) So I guess tomorrow it will be sent back and I just hope I get it back as soon as possible. I will definitely say that the customer service is top notch and they seem to take care of you. So I will be going back to my other mod's and going through ProVari withdrawal for a while.....booo hoooo!!!

wagon52

Verified Member
Did you try you new battery in another mod?

Yes I did try it in my SVD and it worked fine. I put the AW and the Efest next to each other and the Efest is just slightly taller and I thought that was the problem. But the SVD is telescopic and will adjust so I guess that is why it worked it in. Plus ProVape told me that they only recommend the AW's in their device so I thought it was best to just send it all back and have them fix it right. I don't want to have a 200 plus dollar paper weight! lol

wagon52

Verified Member
That does sound like a spring problem. I think that may be the most common troubleshoot I've heard of with Provari - stretch the spring a little, it's become compressed. Worth a fiddle if it's a fix and prevents a week without it!

Sorry to hear though - a new one should be perfect...
Trust me, I tried that numerous times.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Top notch customer service would be sending you a new one. And you sending the defective one back when you got it. IMO
I agree...now what, if any, vaping companies provide this service? (keep in mind that the customers are all nicotine addicts, and addicts are hard people to satisfy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread