Having major issues with my new GGTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumps1427

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
South Florida
So I got my first SS GGTS a few days ago and everything had been working fine. I've just been using carto's on it until I get a good atty for it. This is my first high end mechanical mod. Something has been happening today that I just can not figure out. When I go to fire the button nothing happens and the entire mod and battery are getting EXTREMELY hot. What could be causing this? I asked around on some of the facebook groups but nobody really reponded. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
How tight are you screwing down the telescope? If you go too far, you'll push the center pin of the carto and possibly cause it to short. That is one possibility since it's happening on multiple cartos. You only need to screw it down just enough to make contact with the battery. A good method to use until you get a feel for it is to hold the button while you're screwing it and stop when you hear the carto fire, another half turn for good measure will be all you really would need beyond that.

The only other thing I can think of right now is to inspect your batteries for damage.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head at the moment without actually seeing it in person, though I'm sure somebody else will have some ideas for you

bumps1427

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
South Florida
Sounds like you are shorting the cartos....That said, take your GGTS apart and give all threads/button/juice-well and good clean and polish. Hot button usually means a dirty button, or the current is being slowed somewhere on the mod.

Im going to try this too, thanks.

billyapd21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
New York
Do you have a multimeter or another device that can check your carto's resistance? I agree with Killjoy, it sounds like a short.

My evic is great for identifying atomizer shorts.

Check the battery spring and ser if its collapsed. If it is, just try the ggts without the spring.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

K3RRY

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
SoCal
did you check your axis post (bottom battery spring connects to it), and button pin that touches the axis post? They could possibly be dirty with black marks. clean your entire ggts especially all the threads, and brass connections, the connections could be dirty and increase the overall resistance

basically all the connections have to be clean and have good contact with each other, if anything is hindering that (dirt, debris, brass oxidation) could cause the hot button

clean with warm water, no solvents

bumps1427

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
South Florida
did you check your axis post (bottom battery spring connects to it), and button pin that touches the axis post? They could possibly be dirty with black marks. clean your entire ggts especially all the threads, and brass connections, the connections could be dirty and increase the overall resistance

basically all the connections have to be clean and have good contact with each other, if anything is hindering that (dirt, debris, brass oxidation) could cause the hot button

clean with warm water, no solvents

What should I use to clean the treads?

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I use Mothers polish and a microfiber towel to clean all connections including threads. You should also check out your connector insides and make sure it has two o-rings. I don't know for sure but it might be possible for the connector pin to angle with pressure if it has only one o-ring. Just be careful removing because you can damage the o-rings if you don't disassemble correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread