Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I re-built with the new kits, one mini 2.0, and two mini 14500's. The 2.0 works just fine, but the 14500's have a problem.
I have to really mash down on the fire button to get them to fire consistently. I can't figure out just what the problem is.

Also one of them leaks from around where the nipple for the feed tube screws into the top part. I just can't seem to get it tight enough and by squeezing the bottle, apparently it keeps working loose.

Hopefully some of you here has some things to try, as I'm about ready to take out the new kits, and reinstall the old stuff I took out.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Some folks don't use superglue to reinstall the tube, but I find it gives me one less thing to worry about. If the nipple is tight, could be the tube is working loose when you squonk. As far a intermittent firing, have you traced the "circuit" with a multimeter? If not, remove the battery and check each component for resistance as you're firing it. Maybe that will isolate the problem.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
As far as the firing goes, if I push lightly on the button till the pin touches the top of the battery, I get nothing, or a very weak sizzling sound in the atty(Joye LR), pushing harder from there it fires as it should. It's like it takes a lot of pressure to get a good connection there.

The leaking is coming from where the nipple screws into the other part because it won't tighten, and it works loose.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I suspect a little bit of the silicone insulator (the sleeve that wraps around the firing pin) is caught in the joint there. Unscrew the nipple, make sure the sleeve is clear of the joint, and retighten.

I will take a look at this, but first it needs another bath to clean up the leaked juice. Hmmm, maybe that's why the nipple won't tighten up and keeps coming loose.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks Rob, will keep that in mind. I got it all apart and cleaned, and re-did everything. I made sure that that the nipple wasn't caught on part of the sleeve that covers the firing pin. So far so good, but will give it a couple days and see what happens.
Lets hope for the best the option is always on the table . I always go easy on folks that return them I understand people want to do it themselves

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
You can always send the mod to me . I only charge people $30 to install the upgraded kits parts and labor .

I think that's what I'm going to do with my 2 older ones. I just don't need any extra aggravation right now and you are more than fair in your pricing. Your care of your customers is a huge part of why I keep coming back :)

Edit: I really don't consider myself a customer. I live in the elite world of Reoville where I am a "client". Makes me feel all rich and famousy :) Here, I am part of the 1%, hehe. Just kidding about that part. Being me is all I want to be....

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I think that's what I'm going to do with my 2 older ones. I just don't need any extra aggravation right now and you are more than fair in your pricing. Your care of your customers is a huge part of why I keep coming back :)

Edit: I really don't consider myself a customer. I live in the elite world of Reoville where I am a "client". Makes me feel all rich and famousy :) Here, I am part of the 1%, hehe. Just kidding about that part. Being me is all I want to be....
Well your doing great being you its the only way to roll

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Well your doing great being you its the only way to roll

I'll take that as a compliment because it would be really hard for me to be anyone else :) But I will admit to truly being comfortable, finally, with who I am. That is something a lot of people have difficulty with.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
The mini 14500 is working great now after making sure that the silicon sleeve over the firing pin wasn't getting caught in the joint when tightening down the nipple. I was able to get the nipple to tighten down as it should, so no more leaks, and it's firing great now also. I did have to loosen the screw on the delrin cover, as when it was tightened down it caused a binding on the firing pin that made it harder to push down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread