Having problems with burnt coil on my new rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielben21

Jul 15, 2020
Hello capers thanks for reading it btw,
I bought my self last week the RDA from dead rabbit v2, bought my self some cotten and some n80 wire to build coils (it is mu first time doing it).
I bought it last week on Wednesday and since then iv been changing onece a day my cotton and my coil, I built 2 coils and screw them in I'm vaping on 55wats which my vape store recommended me to do, but still it tastes burned after 2 or 3 hour of use and I dont know what I'm doing wrong cause even on YouTube I dont understand what they want from me.
I just wanna know what to do to prevent it and I need someone to help me through it so i wont tell my self that it was a waist of money.
Ik i could go to my vape store but they guy there barely speaks my language and it is hard to understand.
Here is a photo how my vape looks like after 3hour use.
Hope you'll help me through it Vaper Community.
Thanks for reading it.

Attachments

• 15947719964192125056333709053766.jpg
    15947719964192125056333709053766.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 146

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    My guess is that you may be using too much cotton in the coil, or you have hotspotss. You'll need to clean your coils first:

Once your coils are clean, check for any hotspots on your coils.

Finally try wicking with less cotton than you were using. Use this video as a guideline on wicking:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    @Danielben21

Coils DO NOT need changes that frequently. If a coil becomes gunked or crusty, remove the cotton and gently fire it to burn off the goo. It can be carefully rinsed under a tap while attached to the mod as well to assist this process.
    Coils should last for months or longer if maintained like this.

The objective with any atomizer is to engineer a perfect balance of wattage appropriate for the mass and surface area of the coil. This needs to matched by an appropriate supply of juice to meet the demands of the coil/s via the wicking, and a sufficient supply of air to coil the coil and to carry away the vapor.
    The first factor is quite forgiving. The second two factors are directly related to the first, as in they need to increase in relation to any increase in power applied to the coil.

Not enough air, the coil gets too hot which may scorch the wicking and will be unpleasant in your mouth.
    Too much air and the vapor may become anaemic and you may lose flavour.
    Wicking is too loose or short, your coil may become over-saturated causing spitback or leaking.
    Wicking is too tight or too long, it may not supply the coil with enough juice causing the coil to over heat produce less vapor.

Wicking is often described here as an artform, it is definitely a skill that requires practice to perfect.
    This applies to all the aspects of what I have described above, it takes time and effort to get right. But that investment will result in the best vape possible for you as an individual.

Please have a read of the articles in my blog, they cover many aspects of getting a great and safe vape.

sonicbomb's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread