HAVING SOME ISSUES! NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Rage

Jan 18, 2016
I'm fairly new as far as learning more about coils and PG/VG combos and such, but not super new to vaping. I've had the Apspire Atlantis, iSUB G, Arctic, Tobecco Supertank, and currently the UWELL Crown and TFV4.

I chimed in on a couple threads on the UWELL coil issues (.25 ohm) (burning up after 3 days, or dry hits or whatever.) After going through a ton of forums reading about the issues I've learned how to properly prime it, took it apart like 20 times, swapped out all of the seals, made sure to keep airflow closed during fill, fluffed the cotton, poked little holes, etc.... it still didn't change. There is some type of vacuum issue where it only wicks well when the top is kinda loose, but even then the coil is starting to get "burnt tasting" after a couple days of use. Coils are rated for 80-120 watts, I only run it at 70 max.

So I wasn't sure if I just got a bad one or what. That being said I wend and got the SMOK TFV4 with triple coil. This one started out wayy better, smoother all around. Definatley a juice ..... though. I run it at 80 no problems. BUT, Now after about 4 days I can only take like 2 maybe 3 consecutive draws (3-4 seconds) before it tastes burnt and burns. Unless it sits for 30 sec or so.

So my conclusion to this jumbled mess of a post is. I got both of these because of the (NO DRY HITS) flavor, clouds, etc. People talking about running them at 100w no prob, coils lasting forever, blah blah, you've all heard the hype. But I am not doing something right. I just want to be able to chain vape once in a while without wondering when the next pull is going to scorch my lungs..... haha.

Again my current set up:
Sigelei 150TC
Crown UWELL (Dual .25 coil) or TFV4 (Triple .2 coil) (same issue)
juice, 60VG/40PG Lost Art Liquid (Gummy Glu)

Reactions: thetrucker

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm fairly new as far as learning more about coils and PG/VG combos and such, but not super new to Vaping. I've had the Apspire Atlantis, iSUB G, Arctic, Tobecco Supertank, and currently the UWELL Crown and TFV4.

I chimed in on a couple threads on the UWELL coil issues (.25 ohm) (burning up after 3 days, or dry hits or whatever.) After going through a ton of forums reading about the issues I've learned how to properly prime it, took it apart like 20 times, swapped out all of the seals, made sure to keep airflow closed during fill, fluffed the cotton, poked little holes, etc.... it still didn't change. There is some type of vacuum issue where it only wicks well when the top is kinda loose, but even then the coil is starting to get "burnt tasting" after a couple days of use. Coils are rated for 80-120 watts, I only run it at 70 max.

So I wasn't sure if I just got a bad one or what. That being said I wend and got the SMOK TFV4 with triple coil. This one started out wayy better, smoother all around. Definatley a juice ..... though. I run it at 80 no problems. BUT, Now after about 4 days I can only take like 2 maybe 3 consecutive draws (3-4 seconds) before it tastes burnt and burns. Unless it sits for 30 sec or so.

So my conclusion to this jumbled mess of a post is. I got both of these because of the (NO DRY HITS) flavor, clouds, etc. People talking about running them at 100w no prob, coils lasting forever, blah blah, you've all heard the hype. But I am not doing something right. I just want to be able to chain vape once in a while without wondering when the next pull is going to scorch my lungs..... haha.

Again my current set up:
Sigelei 150TC
Crown UWELL (Dual .25 coil) or TFV4 (Triple .2 coil) (same issue)
Juice, 60VG/40PG Lost Art Liquid (Gummy Glu)

sounds like you are using your mod in wattage mode instead of tc mode.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Coils are rated for 80-120 watts, I only run it at 70 max.

I didn't read it all BUT....

Coil ratings seem to be 'best case'. A rating off 80-120w is only if everything is at it's best. 70w is only a little under that. (%)

I have coils 'rated' 30-50 watts that die soon with certain liquids at even 20w.

Either the manufacturers like to show off (or lie) OR we should learn not to treat these numbers as facts, because they most certainly are not fact.

Don't take too much of these things at face value.

Reactions: thetrucker

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
VG hard to wick at hi wattage..

60VG/40PG he stated, think that is thin enough to wick well, even in an older Kayfun for chain vaping.

@OP
Noticed you posted also that your juice is a gummi bear type flavor. If so that may be an issue as well, very sweet liquids like candy clones the sweeteners crystalize in the wicking and on the coil after long use. This will create blockades through the wicking slowing wicking down, so after 3 days of abuse yes any wicking is going to clog up.

Notorious clogging liquid categories

1) Thick VG. VG is two fold, slow to wick and a lot of times is used as a sweetener in other things, so it falls into the sweet category as well
2) Wattage/Heat. Higher you go in heat, more damage you do to wicking by cooking impurities that won't vaporize and/or crystalize
3) As mentioned, sweet liquids. Very sweet liquids like candies, bakeries, lattes, super sweet fruits, custards, creamy, cheesecakes, etc will clog up wicking as the sweeteners and impurities in these liquids crystalize when they do not vaporize off
4) Dark and/or colored liquids. Darker or more color in the liquid, more impurities in the colorings themselves that do not vaporize well and thus are left to burn and carbonize or crystalize
5) Tobaccos. These hit multiple categories, dark, a lot are sweet like RY4 blends, some like Naturally Extracted Tobacco Alkaloids (NETs) and Whole Tobacco Alkaloids (WTAs) are especially big culprates as the alkaloids in these liquids do not vaporize well either.

Reactions: steam heat

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Sounds like your juice is too thick..

Different viscosity's require different wattage's, even ambient room temp can change the viscosity...

Pick up a bottle of distilled water, most grocery stores carry it, add a few drops to your juice and give it a shake and a vape if it's not enough add a few more drops until you get it where you want it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread