Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
NY
So I got my SilverBullet a while back and have been using high drain AW imr 18650's with a low res atty and love it...I wanted to test out the whole 6v thing so I ordered a Hv atty (4.2 ohm) and some rcr123a (tenergy LiFePo4) batts, I got two sets so I'd always have charged ones....when I first put the fully charged (@3.2v) rcr123a's in it vapes great but after a short while, maybe an hour, of chain vaping it stops working as if the batts are dead. So I take them out and the top one is @about 1v but the bottom one still reads 3.2v over the next hour, without charging, that top batt voltage reads back up to 2.7??? Wtf?? That should still be around 6v so I put that one on bottom and the 3.2 reading one on top but still won't fire atty..put in 2 fresh batts and vapes fine for a short while, so I know atty is fine, but same results in the end..am I doing something wrong? I know the top batt is supposed to drain a lil faster, but it seems like the bottom one doesn't drain at all, I've marked the batts with a sharpie and tried all possible combos in case one of them was just bad....Plz help any advice appreciated

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Your Top Batt will always drain first when stacking Batts, your doing right by labling them A-1 B-1 and rotating them all the time from top to bottom as this will make there lifespan more equal. I would also try some AW-123a 3.2v Batts, as well as a 3.5ohm Atty over that 4.2ohm, either an Ikenvape HV-3.5ohm 510 or a HH-357 3ohm both of these run super @ 6v,,,,,,, Lastly make sure when you change from an 18650 3.7v Batt to the Smaller 2 x 3.2v Batts that your center pin connector is not moving, sometimes you may need to pry it up a bit, also make sure your bottom spring is connected properly, changing Batts and Atty's can sometimes make these 2 things move in the slightest amount and it will affect your connection and vape. Hope that helps ya, my 2c worth.

bumpi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
NY
but shouldnt the bottom one drain at least a lil bit?? im getting an absolutely dead batt reading1.2-1.7V on top and a fully charged one reading 3.2 on the bottom...then if i check that top one again in an hour of just sitting, its back to 2.5v thats the weirdest part to me... seems like im getting good connection cause it fires nicely so i dont think thats it but will make sure thats set up correctly next time i go for 6v....

Also, i used 2 ohm rated (im measuring it at 2.2) atty and it seriously rocks @ 6V, but wondering if that can damage the batts or SB?? i dont mind shortning the lifespan of atty cause it really rocks at that level, just dont want to hurt the SB or have batts blow up on me

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: post has no relavance to the thread

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
but shouldnt the bottom one drain at least a lil bit?? im getting an absolutely dead batt reading1.2-1.7V on top and a fully charged one reading 3.2 on the bottom...then if i check that top one again in an hour of just sitting, its back to 2.5v thats the weirdest part to me... seems like im getting good connection cause it fires nicely so i dont think thats it but will make sure thats set up correctly next time i go for 6v....

Also, i used 2 ohm rated (im measuring it at 2.2) atty and it seriously rocks @ 6V, but wondering if that can damage the batts or SB?? i dont mind shortning the lifespan of atty cause it really rocks at that level, just dont want to hurt the SB or have batts blow up on me
I normally stay away from these threads, as I do not recommend stacking batteries in any device. You are asking too much from those batteries, plain and simple. The one cell may have a higher internal resistance than the other, causing the far off voltage readings. All the current has to pass through the top battery. I would replace that cell either way. Every time it discharges that low you are damaging the electrode and loosing electrolite(sp)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I normally stay away from these threads, as I do not recommend stacking batteries in any device. You are asking too much from those batteries, plain and simple. The one cell may have a higher internal resistance than the other, causing the far off voltage readings. All the current has to pass through the top battery. I would replace that cell either way. Every time it discharges that low you are damaging the electrode and loosing electrolite(sp)

I feel the same way, and wouldn't recommend stacking batteries for the same reason. The days where that was needed are long and gone, there are so many more things you could do to "up the hit" these days and with less trouble.

The main reason I came in and quoted Chad, is I wanted to add one more tip to keep in mind. If you do choose to stay/or go back to 6v, it is always best to keep the batteries paired. meaning use the same two batteries together all the time, and if you replace one you replace both. That goes for charging them as well, charge the pair at the same time. Of course it's best not to have to worry about it and stick with 3.7v with a slightly lower resistance attty.

Remember we are working those batteries harder than they are normally use to...and that goes for any ecig device.

LGD

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
I've never used the Tenergy but I do use the AW LiFEP04 batts in my Silver Bullet. I rarely vape at 3.7 anymore except in the morning sometimes when the 6v hit is too much. I never have any issues with these batteries and stacking. But one must always be careful.

I do as these guys have said. I keep my batts paired and numbered with a sharpie and some scotch tape over the sharpie marking so it doesn't wear off. For instance:

I keep the 1's together and 2's together, I charge them together and vape them together.

My understanding is that the AW batteries can output more and handle more draw. But like I said, I've never tried the Tenergy batts. The Silver Bullet is one hell of a great mod in this setup though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread