Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Filled out a ticket with Evolv as suggested. The response was extremely fast! mod is on it's way to them. Of course, before they even got the device to diagnose, they gave me the usual if it's battery related we don't cover it but you can purchase one from us and went on to say they only have a 900mah lipo for around twenty bucks. I think it's the board but we'll see. In other news, I can't believe hcigar didn't even bother responding. Sad they'll leave their customers for dead on quite a pricey gadget, might be the last for me. Well thanks for the help/suggestions Tpat! Will be omw later to get a new mod for now, b4 I can't resist the urge of smoking an analog
HCigar has been pulling this for some time. Evolv has been doing repairs on their equipment at their own costs for some time in the manner they are handling yours. I was worried you might get caught up in the politics of them trying to correct their behavior. Not sure but they may just be back-charging HCigar for repair work now to handle the situation with them & it probably makes sense for all involved.

Be thankful as Evolv will turn it around quickly and it will be done right. Gotta admire an American company that will fix another Chinese companies shoddy work at their own expense to honor their own warranty and reputation for service. Rest assured they will take good care of you.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I agree completely with @Tpat591. I like my VT200 but Hcigar's customer service is abominable. I would have never bought the VT200 if it wasn't for the fact I know Evolv would stand behind it. If it is the battery, 900mah wont be much less than what is in there already imo. I really think the battery that's in it is somewhere between 1000-1100mah, not the 1300mah that is advertised.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: RayTrue04

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
A lot of people like the Evic VTC Mini. It's a single 18650 mod. The IPV D2 or D3 are also pretty popular (not sure if the IPV's do TC on SS though).

Edit Another mod that is popular can be had pretty inexpensively is the Wismec RX200 but it uses 3 x 18650 batteries and isn't what I would call a pocket mod. I don't have any of the mods I mentioned though. If it was me and the Evic VTC Mini was reasonably priced, I'd probably go with that.

Last edited:

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
I ended up with the IPV5 but at the last minute decided I was doing too much since I had to get batteries and a charging kit separate and exchanged it for the IPV D3. Although I got some money back I have to say I'm not all that pleased now that I'm home with it. I'm getting decent amount of clouds but I feel I have to inhale longer for a decent taste/hit. I'm assuming this might have to do with pre-heat setting on the VT? I'm already missing my VT lol

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Try turning up your joules in TC to decrease ramp-up time. If it feels like the vape is still not as warm, turn up the temperature as well. I'll tell you since getting my DNA200 mods, I haven't used anything else. I would definitely miss mine if I had to go without them!

Cheers,
Steve

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
Try turning up your joules in TC to decrease ramp-up time. If it feels like the vape is still not as warm, turn up the temperature as well. I'll tell you since getting my DNA200 mods, I haven't used anything else. I would definitely miss mine if I had to go without them!

Cheers,
Steve

I maxed it out all the way to 75J and my temp to 300C. Almost the same setting as my VT except that was at 60W. I think I'm going to return this and just get another DNA device, I mean I still ended up paying a little over $100. I'm sure it's the pre heat setting that makes that world of difference.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Ouch, that definitely sounds like something is not right. That's a pretty hefty price for an IPV D3 as well. Getting a backup DNA200 is never a bad idea as far as I'm concerned! While one is charging the other one is available. I wasn't joking around about having a backup either, I definitely think it's a good idea.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I have a few different ones and rotate through them. Backups for my backups.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
$79.99 for the device and $9.99 for the battery. Not to mention when paying their computer screen showed my total with 3 tipping options which I found rather weird. I guess vape stores are the new dining out? Lol.. I'm def taking this back. I saw it online cheaper but I honestly don't want to wait for shipping.
You can always return it a week from now after you receive your replacement, but he is probably gonna want to give you a store credit.
Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 200W TC Mod | VapoRider $139

Reuleaux DNA 200 Mod by Wismec (3 FREE 18650 Batteries) $159

Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec 200W $39.99

Cuboid 150W TC Mod by JoyeTech $37.99

Vapenw is pretty quick with shipping to USA. Think their deal w/ batteries on the DNA is better than Vaporider w/o them. You could also go the route of buying the RX200 & the Cuboid for about the same as you paid (free shipping over $75) but I guess 5 batteries would make it a lot more expensive. If you never ordered from vapenw before you should be able to get 10% ff with ECIG10 code.

4x Genuine LG HE4 2500MAH High Drain 35A IMR li-ion 18650 Rechargeable Batteries

Bought batteries from this guy on ebay with a pretty quick ship at a decent price

Not telling you what to do, just trying to give options.

Last edited:

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
You guys are awesome! Giving me so many options I'm getting a brain fart lol.. I want something that don't feel like it needs to build up to get where I want it. That's the problem I'm having with this D3. On my VT I kept the preheat setting at 100W but lowered it to 0.5 seconds instead of one. I think that's what I'm missing and reason why I feel like getting another DNA200. Unless any of those listed above have that preheat setting built in?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
You guys are awesome! Giving me so many options I'm getting a brain fart lol.. I want something that don't feel like it needs to build up to get where I want it. That's the problem I'm having with this D3. On my VT I kept the preheat setting at 100W but lowered it to 0.5 seconds instead of one. I think that's what I'm missing and reason why I feel like getting another DNA200. Unless any of those listed above have that preheat setting built in?
Cuboid and RX200 would have to be set for 100w to preheat at 100w & rely on TP for temp limiting to your set point as neither uses an active preheat like the DNA200. They do have the power to do that though. Only a problem if an unstable build kicks you out of TC, then it would be kind of rough on you. They are cheap though and do the job.

I'm with you on the DNA200 though. Nothing quite like it that is why the first two options were DNAs. You can get them cheaper on certain sales but you appear to be time constrained.

Last edited:

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
Cuboid and RX200 would have to be set for 100w to preheat at 100w & rely on TP for temp limiting to your set point as neither uses an active preheat like the DNA200. They do have the power to do that though. Only a problem if an unstable build kicks you out of TC, then it would be kind of rough on you. They are cheap though and do the job.

I'm with you on the DNA200 though. Nothing quite like it that is why the first two options were DNAs. You can get them cheaper on certain sales but you appear to be time constrained.

I'm going to tough it out, return this D3 and just order online. I already went two days vapeless so I think I'll survive two or three more. Plus I know that was a pricey buy for a D3 but I needed a nic fix bad. I could take shorter hits with the DNA and get a nice throaty hit but with this D3 my inhales are slower and longer to get almost the same effect but still lacking. See I knew there was a reason why I went big on my first mod, just didn't know what it was till now lol

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'm going to tough it out, return this D3 and just order online. I already went two days vapeless so I think I'll survive two or three more. Plus I know that was a pricey buy for a D3 but I needed a nic fix bad. I could take shorter hits with the DNA and get a nice throaty hit but with this D3 my inhales are slower and longer to get almost the same effect but still lacking. See I knew there was a reason why I went big on my first mod, just didn't know what it was till now lol
Keep the D3 through the weekend & return it next week. By then Evolv may have some good news for you or your on line order may arrive. My last order from Vapenw arrived in NJ in 3 days. That's pretty darn fast.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

Both the Cuboid and the rx200 (and the newer Joyetech/wismec/eleaf tc devices in general) will default to 20w if they kick you out of tc.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Both the Cuboid and the rx200 (and the newer Joyetech/wismec/eleaf tc devices in general) will default to 20w if they kick you out of tc.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Thanks I wasn't aware of that heard some people complaining of some bad experiences early on but I remember it quieted down pretty quickly, Then it was just 200w after updates I guess after that.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire

I own the RX200 & love it for what it is BUT it's no DNA 200. If you want another DNA 200 then you should just get one. I know it's tough since they probably aren't available locally but it's worth the wait to get one online.

I loved my RX200, my high end Italian DNA40 squonk boxes & even my little SMY Mini60 TC but after picking up my first DNA 200 last week they all pale in comparison as far as vape quality go. So much so that I ordered another DNA 200 yesterday so when the inevitable happens I won't be without a DNA200 to vape while it's getting repaired. It's an investment for sure since the 200 boxes aren't cheap but IMO for the quality you get they aren't exactly expensive either. Good luck in your quest, hopefully before you know it Evolv has yours fixed & back in your hands sooner rather than later.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Agree on the DNA200 being the best & the need for backups. My Hana v200 died within a month of purchase. Freaked & bought 2 Hotcig DX200s, a Reuleaux DNA200, & built 2 ERM Plus DNA200 kits. Working on building a larger VTR style 1500mah DNA200 now.

I still later bought 3 Evic VTC, 3 RX200 (1 will be converted to DNA eventually), a Cuboid, & 4 Neboxes. Gotta say I like & use all regularly. The cheap firmware upgradeable Joyetech/Wismec mods work pretty darn good for what they are and the relatively new TCR features made them very versatile. At this point you can't beat the Nebox for a pocket friendly on the go vape (but I keep hoping). They all have their uses and while these cheaper mods really don't compare to a DNA200, they are getting close enough to satisfy me to the point that I regularly reach past a DNA200 to grab a cheaper mod to vape.

Last edited:

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
The D3 online for $39.99. I feel like an idiot.. Something tells me they're going to give me a hard time returning this thing. My vape spot (The Artisan Vapor) seem like a greedy place but hopefully I'm wrong as this will be the first time I'll have to really test their customer support. Good news is Evolv already has my device according to usps mail tracker!

Edit: So I was told all sales are final on ipv devices. I can't even be mad, that's what I get for rushing for a nicotine fix. Looks like I'm stuck with it. I was really looking into that cuboid too especially since the seller I get my coils from has it instock. Oh well lol

Last edited:
Reactions: fishwater
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread